Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SocksRevenge

Worth the grind!

31 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

13
[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,061 battles

Finally!  My 1st T10!  And wanted to share that at times I was ready to give up on the RN cruisers, but just got my Mino today, and while I've faced many, seeing it from the other side is simply amazing!  Maybe too amazing as in my first few battles I'm probably pushing too hard as you feel invincible!  But my friends who are debating about continuing to grind it - its worth it.  3 second reloads on main guns!  I'm built for concealment - so my detection is a 8.9km, better than some DD's I have!  And I did spring for the perm camo, so costs are reduced by 50%!  Haven't lost money in it yet.

I'm not a unicum player in anyone's book - but my k/d ratio (.8) so far isn't too bad (by my measure!) - my best match I loaded in 4 mins late, killed 3 and did 94k damage - so pretty happy with that.

Looking forward to my next T10 - probably the Z-52 - but the Z-46 is my only other T9 so...

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,061 battles

I got into KM cruisers late - only at Hipper.  I've researched the Freddie but haven't bought her - I like the Bis...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,391
[O_O]
Members
4,338 posts
9,316 battles

Mine was Zao.  I am within 50k of Yamato, and Hindy will be my 3rd.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
8,086 posts
17,047 battles

Des Moines... got into it too soon by fxp-ing up to it; with predictible results... Couldn'y stand bashing my head pointlessly against a wall, and haven't played it in Randoms for more than a year now.

 

Second T10 was Gearing; wound up being nothing more than a ship I picked up for the one-year anniversary; after a year, I only have 40 games played in it, (15 PvP, 25 PvE,) even though my WR is over 50% both places.)

 

Third was Grozvoy; kind of like it, but haven't played it since the driver reached 19 points... (only 10 games played, 5 PvP, 5 PvE.)

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Congrats on the Mino! :Smile_great:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,628
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,747 posts
11,365 battles

Congrats, I played both the Mino and the DM on the Corgi account, and now I am motivated to finish grinding those lines (DM more so).

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
817
[FOXEH]
Members
3,322 posts
11,874 battles

Great work and congrats! My first and only was the Gearing. I just haven't had the urge to grind anymore so play what I have. Using her and Fletcher to take care of the Yamamato missions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,692
[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
10 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Third was Grozvoy; kind of like it, but haven't played it since the driver reached 19 points... (only 10 games played, 5 PvP, 5 PvE.)

You let a 19 point Captain sit around when he could be earning Elite Captains XP for you? Move him to a line you are still grinding.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
8,086 posts
17,047 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You let a 19 point Captain sit around when he could be earning Elite Captains XP for you? Move him to a line you are still grinding.

 

That's just it; there isn't one.

 

I have no desire to increase the population of the likes of Khab; and I can't win with Russian Glass-Jaw botes; not going to waste my time; though I suppose I could always buy Bogatyr back and put him in that, or 'Amerikanski Cruizer,' always did like them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,061 battles
14 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Congrats on the Mino! :Smile_great:

 

13 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Congrats, I played both the Mino and the DM on the Corgi account, and now I am motivated to finish grinding those lines (DM more so).

 

10 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Great work and congrats! My first and only was the Gearing. I just haven't had the urge to grind anymore so play what I have. Using her and Fletcher to take care of the Yamamato missions.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
104
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
583 posts
4,592 battles

Congrats! 

Always worth getting a T10 and the Mino one is a great one to get!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,819
[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,272 posts

Congrats - the Minotaur is quite awesome... currently one of the few ship that can force the red fleet to change directions for at least a minute. However that may change some when the smoke changes are finalized - if it goes as they say, won't be able to engage from smoke below 6km.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
228
[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
53 minutes ago, SocksRevenge said:

Finally!  My 1st T10!  And wanted to share that at times I was ready to give up on the RN cruisers, but just got my Mino today, and while I've faced many, seeing it from the other side is simply amazing!  Maybe too amazing as in my first few battles I'm probably pushing too hard as you feel invincible!  But my friends who are debating about continuing to grind it - its worth it.  3 second reloads on main guns!  I'm built for concealment - so my detection is a 8.9km, better than some DD's I have!  And I did spring for the perm camo, so costs are reduced by 50%!  Haven't lost money in it yet.

I'm not a unicum player in anyone's book - but my k/d ratio (.8) so far isn't too bad (by my measure!) - my best match I loaded in 4 mins late, killed 3 and did 94k damage - so pretty happy with that.

Looking forward to my next T10 - probably the Z-52 - but the Z-46 is my only other T9 so...

maybe its jsut me but i totally cannot make minotaur work. its my least favorite tier 10 besides grozovoi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,061 battles
12 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Congrats - the Minotaur is quite awesome... currently one of the few ship that can force the red fleet to change directions for at least a minute. However that may change some when the smoke changes are finalized - if it goes as they say, won't be able to engage from smoke below 6km.

yeah - its going to be interesting to see how that works out - may have to sit behind smoke rather than in it - but still I'm usually more than 6km away :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles

Congrats. I'm happy with my Mino so far. The best part is it doesn't matter to me if I have a good or bad game in her, the Mino always provides fun games loaded with action. Pew, pew, pew. Just wait until you catch a high tier BB full broadside at close range with their barrels facing the other way. Sent many Iowas to an early grave. Never gets old, lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13
[D_DOG]
[D_DOG]
Members
128 posts
8,061 battles
2 minutes ago, Bronco said:

Congrats. I'm happy with my Mino so far. The best part is it doesn't matter to me if I have a good or bad game in her, the Mino always provides fun games loaded with action. Pew, pew, pew. Just wait until you catch a high tier BB full broadside at close range with their barrels facing the other way. Sent many Iowas to an early grave. Never gets old, lol.

Did that to an NC already - it was fun - raining AP!  Now if they would just give RN CL's HE....  but then it would be a T10 Atlanta, with smoke and longer range torps!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
5 minutes ago, SocksRevenge said:

yeah - its going to be interesting to see how that works out - may have to sit behind smoke rather than in it - but still I'm usually more than 6km away :)

Played 10 games on the PTS with the Mino to evaluate the changes to smoke. Having played 210 battles with the Mino on the live server, I can tell you it didn't make much of a difference. By the time anything gets that close, they are either dead or prime target for your torps. Unless you shoot, you remain hidden until they break the proximity limit of 2km. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
7 minutes ago, SocksRevenge said:

Did that to an NC already - it was fun - raining AP!  Now if they would just give RN CL's HE....  but then it would be a T10 Atlanta, with smoke and longer range torps!

They did, it's called a Belfast. Due to the mechanics of IFHE, the Belfast is one of the most OP ships at its tier level.

 

When shooting at the broadside of a BB, remember to aim at the upper armor belt. That's the sweet spot. I remember a game where 2 Iowas were closing in, killed one with torps and the other one with AP within 30 secs (~10 salvos). Just remember those games when you get deleted by a BB. It happens.

 

EDIT: Belfast gets HE in exchange for torps and heal (when compared to the Fiji, another get RN CL). So you take the good with the bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
463
[LOU1]
Members
2,898 posts
8,004 battles
6 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Congrats, I played both the Mino and the DM on the Corgi account, and now I am motivated to finish grinding those lines (DM more so).

This ^

And, congrats!

Edited by ExploratorOne

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,692
[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
7 hours ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

 

That's just it; there isn't one.

 

I have no desire to increase the population of the likes of Khab; and I can't win with Russian Glass-Jaw botes; not going to waste my time; though I suppose I could always buy Bogatyr back and put him in that, or 'Amerikanski Cruizer,' always did like them.

You should do that, make the 19 Captain important again, whats holding you back?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[RIPQP]
Members
3,711 posts
14,567 battles

 I will get Moskva (my 6th T10 ship) soon but the weak armor will probably disappoint me big time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×