You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Kitsunelegend

To buy, or not to buy...

Should I, kitsunelegend, free xp and purchase the Montana? (read the post before voting!)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Should I, kitsunelegend, free xp and purchase the Montana? (read the post before voting!)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Bacon?

• YES
    • NO (HEATHAN)

23 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles

The tier 10 USN BB, the Montana.

I am literally only like, 2500 xp away from the big gal and it'd only cost me a few bucks to get the gold needed to unlock her right now... the problem is...

I have less than 10 total pvp battles in Iowa... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But theres a couple things I want to state before you all say "ZOMG, BAD KIT! DONT DO THAT!"

Basically, it'll be my first tier 10 in any WG game ever. And second...with the WoWS anniversary right around the corner, I want to make sure I get one of those SC, because I haven't had a SC since the first few weeks they were added to the game... not counting xmas ones anyway, which has all been gifted to me. So my question is...should I do it? I only plan on playing one pvp battle with her to get the SC, then I'll be going back to Iowa to learn her and keeping my Montana strictly to co-op until I have roughly 50+ battles in the Iowa...

So...should I buy the Montana?

• Cool 1

Members
474 posts
8,398 battles

There is a reason to why, it won't take long to get that last exp, Also, most likely tier X's will go on sale friday for their anniversery.  Best to buy it then.   Congrats on getting to tier X by the way. :)

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,452 battles

NO, at the current tier, 1 good battle will get you the XP needed ..;... save your money for the other anniversary stuffs

Members
1,904 posts
2,492 battles

Why are you degrading those who cannot eat bacon due to religious beliefs?

This forum should not be an offensive place the last time I checked.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

might as well run the iowa for couple matches,  should get you the 2500xp.    not hard if you want to get to montana

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles

You know you did this because you already are itching to spend the money my friend !  But the others are right you can do it without spending money so " JUST DO IT ! " . 

:cap_like:

[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,713 posts
9,452 battles

I can already see a scenario where someone "HEAD DOWN, BUTT UP" grinding last battle for the Montana

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
1 minute ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Because bacon is the single most greatest invention to ever grace this Earth. Period.

It is thy holiest of fatty foods. \o/

Also, to everyone saying (just play a couple matches) Those matches would be in co-op, without premium, and probably wont be able to be played until friday or something. =I

[WOLF9]
Members
3,145 posts

I just read the news story, logged onto the forums- and this is the first thread I saw, lol.   I was actually considering doing the same thing,lol.

I'm nearly through Nor-Cal, have had Missouri since it released, and have played a lot of games in it.  So, Essentially, I already have Iowa.  I'd more or less be skipping a duplicate of a ship I already have.   This would be just to do the mission for the supercontainer.

Youse guys should be used to tier 10 newbs by now, lol, and it'd only be one game.  Besides, it's not like I've never played in tier 10 battles before.

I do have to confess that I relish the opportunity to "ruin" games for "better players" by my mere presence.  Consider it repayment in kind for all the mid and low tier players you "ruined" it for by seal clubbing,lol.  Rest assured though- I won't be AFK, and I'll be playing my hardest to win.  (because losing sux, and so does eating a credit loss.)

[NOOOB]
Members
1,439 posts
12,064 battles

Matters on what ya have lined up in terms of making the jump, credits to buy and whatever you are paying/doing in terms of moving the captain.... if ya don't then continue to grind

[WOLF9]
Members
3,145 posts
9 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

Because bacon is the single most greatest invention to ever grace this Earth. Period.

It is thy holiest of fatty foods. \o/

Also, to everyone saying (just play a couple matches) Those matches would be in co-op, without premium, and probably wont be able to be played until friday or something. =I

Got any of those special flags or +100% camos lying around?   One halfway decent pvp game would easily net you that much, if you use them.   A very good-great Co-op game could do it, too.  I've used them both to great effect to net me some huge gains- esp in combination with the daily first win bonus!

[TBW]
Members
6,338 posts
11,884 battles
29 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I haven't had a SC since the first few weeks they were added to the game...

You get Super Containers for the final tasks in the Yamamoto campaigns. 2,500 xp is one battle, with signals and camos. I am talking random battles. Learn the Montana it plays like the Iowa with an extra turret and can't be uptiered and is harder to citadel.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
6,103 posts
1,313 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You get Super Containers for the final tasks in the Yamamoto campaigns. 2,500 xp is one battle, with signals and camos. I am talking random battles.

I haven't even started that campaign yet lol

9 minutes ago, Panzer1113 said:

Matters on what ya have lined up in terms of making the jump, credits to buy and whatever you are paying/doing in terms of moving the captain.... if ya don't then continue to grind

I have like...21 million credits atm lol I'm sure I can afford the ship and a few modules lol As for the captain, I may either use my 17 point captain thats currently on Iowa, or just get one of my 10 point captains trained on the Montana, and just train him up to 19 using Arizona, ArkB, and Alabama.

6 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Got any of those special flags or +100% camos lying around?   One halfway decent pvp game would easily net you that much, if you use them.   A very good-great Co-op game could do it, too.  I've used them both to great effect to net me some huge gains- esp in combination with the daily first win bonus!

I played a single co-op battle earlier, killed 4 ships, did over 150k damage, had all kinds of flags running plus the gamescon camo, plus had the 50% first win bonus, but only got a tiny bit over 1k xp... =I

Also, y'all are really indecisive you know that? I mean really? 6 for No, and 6 for yes? Make up y'alls mind! xD

[O_O]
Members
4,333 posts
9,279 battles
30 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I am literally only like, 2500 xp away from the big gal and it'd only cost me a few bucks to get the gold needed to unlock her right now... the problem is...

No!  Suck it up, buttercup, and play one or two battles in Randoms.  Boom, XP earned.

22 minutes ago, HowitzerBlitzer said:

Please, please tell me you weren't trigger'd by a humorous comment and forum tradition that is meant to be...humorous.  If you were, you need to harden the farkle up (see vid below nsfw language):

Spoiler

[TBW]
Members
6,338 posts
11,884 battles
5 minutes ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I haven't even started that campaign yet lol

It's not too hard if you repeat the easy tasks for the most stars. 2 super containers for the final task in #1 and #2 I haven't seen the third one yet though. That's 4 potential SC's. If you have Captain Seagal he is the best Montana Captain, I use him in all of the US premium BB's I don't have Arkansas though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,332 battles

Just grind it. 2500XP... come one.. you can get that with a loss. 

And as for the SC... you will most likely be disappointed with it... just 100 flags or a mod most likely. 

[WOLF5]
Members
1,495 posts
2,050 battles

Yes and no. I'd just play the 1 (if you win) or games in the Iowa and do it that way. No need to FXP.

Then yeah, get the Monty. Was just playing her on the PTS, awesome ship (12 16" USN AP FTW).

However, it might go on sale (discounted silver price) for the anniversary, so might wait till then. Then again, if you have a lot of silver, might not be a problem.

[TNG]
Members
813 posts
6,173 battles
1 hour ago, Kitsunelegend said:

I have less than 10 total pvp battles in Iowa... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

But theres a couple things I want to state before you all say "ZOMG, BAD KIT! DONT DO THAT!"

Basically, it'll be my first tier 10 in any WG game ever. And second...with the WoWS anniversary right around the corner, I want to make sure I get one of those SC, because I haven't had a SC since the first few weeks they were added to the game... not counting xmas ones anyway, which has all been gifted to me. So my question is...should I do it? I only plan on playing one pvp battle with her to get the SC, then I'll be going back to Iowa to learn her and keeping my Montana strictly to co-op until I have roughly 50+ battles in the Iowa...

So...should I buy the Montana?

you should, then i can demolish you through fire damage in my Conqueror. Dracarys

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,670 battles

If you learned how to play the Iowa, you will most certainly enjoy it, and the xp will eventually take care of itself.

Besides, the two plays very similarly, if you bypass the Iowa without mastering it, you will struggle in Montana also.