Jump to content
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
JCC45

Looking for OFFICIAL clarification on WOWs Birthday Event please

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts

What makes up the 1000 game thresholds.  Is it just PVP, PVP and PVE, PVP and Ranked or all games played total, regardless of what form they take?

 

Thanks.

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
74
[-S-R-]
Beta Testers
648 posts
12,077 battles

MY Q:

Earn a special permanent camo for completing each of the four sub-collections, and it's mountable on Kiev, Charles Martel, Z-23, and New Orleans. Complete the entire Anniversary Collection and you'll get an achievement, a flag and a permanent camo for HMS Monarch.

Do i need own ships before i complete collection, or once i have it in collection and buy ship latter it will add camo + for me ?

Edited by Gandariel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
8,076 posts
17,037 battles

I think the only thing that might not count is Operations battles; since it seems like they aren't being 'officially?' tracked.

 

(edit)

 

...but then maybe they are; I show 12,092 total battles, PvP, PvE, and Ranked, yet the total below my avvy says 12,302, which if I add the 210 battles I've personally tracked for Ops, exactly equals 12, 302.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
4 minutes ago, Gandariel said:

Do i need own ships before i complete collection, or once i have it in collection and buy ship latter it will add camo + for me ?

No, you earn the camo, they will be there waiting for you.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts
37 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

all, you have 3,783

 

 

And you know that how?

 

It's not like WG has a history of coming in after the fact and saying "Whoops.. our bad" and then backing out of the room with a sheepish grin on their faces.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles
  • Members
  • 643
  • 1,698 posts
  • 3,784 battles
  • Location: Canada
Just now, JCC45 said:

And you know that how?

right under your avatar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts
Just now, ObiwankzKenobi said:
  • Members
  • 643
  • 1,698 posts
  • 3,784 battles
  • Location: Canada

right under your avatar

 

*sigh*   OK.. maybe that wasn't clear enough.

 

The question should have been "How do you know that Co-op and Ranked count against your total"?   Then my second sentence makes even more sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
9 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

 

And you know that how?

 

It's not like WG has a history of coming in after the fact and saying "Whoops.. our bad" and then backing out of the room with a sheepish grin on their faces.

All battles count and I know yours, because I read it under your Avatar. It's the same as last year, Team battles count if you were here for them too. I'm not going to mine for something, that I already know. You'll just have to trust me. Can you imagine all of the people that are playing strictly scenarios reaction if it didn't.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,561
[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,681 posts
15,202 battles

I'd also feel better if we got some official post from someone in wg.  I'm also not sure if the supercontainer for tier 10 ships is repeatable each day...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts
28 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

All battles count and I know yours, because I read it under your Avatar. It's the same as last year, Team battles count if you were here for them too. I'm not going to mine for something, that I already know. You'll just have to trust me. Can you imagine all of the people that are playing strictly scenarios reaction if it didn't.

 

Bookmarked for "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaaaaah nyah" purposes.

 

I don't trust Wargaming.  They have communication issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

 

Bookmarked for "nyah nyah nyah nyah nyaaaaaaaah nyah" purposes.

 

I don't trust Wargaming.  They have communication issues.

I understand, it's hard to trust people these days. Once, I thought I was wrong, but I was mistaken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts

Plus the numbers on Warships today do not equal the numbers on this site, so I guess I will just take what I get and be happy.

 

 

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
270
[TSG4B]
[TSG4B]
Members
1,716 posts
9,496 battles

just go with the free gifts for now, again, it FREE, players should be appreciative for this 2nd yr aniversary

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
Just now, JCC45 said:

Plus the numbers on Warships today do not equal the numbers on this site, so I guess I will just take what I get and be happy.

 

 

They don't include scenarios and they do random Co op and team all separately. The number you see in the forum is the correct number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
281
[TSPC]
Beta Testers
1,104 posts
10,102 battles
45 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

 

*sigh*   OK.. maybe that wasn't clear enough.

 

The question should have been "How do you know that Co-op and Ranked count against your total"?   Then my second sentence makes even more sense.

ha ha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,621
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,729 posts
11,353 battles
28 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

I'd also feel better if we got some official post from someone in wg.  I'm also not sure if the supercontainer for tier 10 ships is repeatable each day...

 

After reading the notes I felt it was once per t10 ship. Not repeatable for the same t10 the next day, once per ship.  That seemed pretty clear to me.  But you never know with WG.

 

@JCC45  I know I am not the "official" word your looking for but I seem to recall that last time they did something like this, giving out flags for depended on battles it was only for PvP.  Either way looks like we have lots of good flags coming our way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

All battles count and I know yours, because I read it under your Avatar. It's the same as last year, Team battles count if you were here for them too. I'm not going to mine for something, that I already know. You'll just have to trust me. Can you imagine all of the people that are playing strictly scenarios reaction if it didn't.

 

37 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

 

After reading the notes I felt it was once per t10 ship. Not repeatable for the same t10 the next day, once per ship.  That seemed pretty clear to me.  But you never know with WG.

 

@JCC45  I know I am not the "official" word your looking for but I seem to recall that last time they did something like this, giving out flags for depended on battles it was only for PvP.  Either way looks like we have lots of good flags coming our way.

 

 

Sovereigndawg.... meet Kapitan_Wulf.

 

Kapitan_Wulf... this is Sovereigndawg.

 

The topic for debate will be "Why do you suppose JCC45 was looking for OFFICIAL clarification".

 

3... 2... 1... GO!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,681
[TBW]
Members
6,351 posts
11,894 battles
7 hours ago, JCC45 said:

 

 

 

Sovereigndawg.... meet Kapitan_Wulf.

 

Kapitan_Wulf... this is Sovereigndawg.

 

The topic for debate will be "Why do you suppose JCC45 was looking for OFFICIAL clarification".

 

3... 2... 1... GO!

Trust requires a commitment that you wait until a specific outcome, before you quit believing. Thus trust. Just wait and be pleasantly surprised. Only time proves me right.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,709
[YORHA]
Members
3,263 posts
6 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Trust requires a commitment that you wait until a specific outcome, before you quit believing. Thus trust. Just wait and be pleasantly surprised. Only time proves me right.

 

The word you want is "faith" which is defined as belief in an predicted outcome without the presence of proof or evidence.  In this case there is plenty of proof and evidence that WG, intentionally or unintentionally, communicates badly with predictably regrettable outcomes. 

 

Witness, for example, the complete lack of official interest in this request or in clarifying the vaguely communicated message.

 

I remain skeptical, but it's free stuff either way so what the heck. 

Edited by JCC45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×