Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CrazyHorse_Denver

Can it be done???

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,015 posts
12,938 battles

183 games in a day and a half. 10,000 games would be a nice round number for all those Anniversary event flags and a couple more T10 ships would be nice as well.

A year ago I'd have no problem with that kind of goal. Now though I might make a half hearted stab at it but daily burnout on the game comes at lot earlier these days.

In any case I'm sure everyone will enjoy the flags as well as the rest of the 2nd year birthday goodies.

• Cool 1

[ANTK]
Members
1,719 posts
3,130 battles

Well lets see battles on average are lets say 15 min so 183x15 is 2745 min, then dived by 60 min per hour is 45.75 hours so no. Not possible

Edited by devastator5000
  • Cool 1

[AFW]
Members
80 posts
22,329 battles

It could be done, but your teammates will hate you.

Enter a battle, drive directly into red ships. Go back to port, repeat.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,273 posts

Mind you now... this is just an idea... but you could get in a low tier ship in coop, yolosolo, die, rinse and repeat. Do it like bots and you'd be playing 50 to 60 matches an hour.

Of course your teammates won't like  you. But you could do it. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,273 posts
1 minute ago, HillRock1 said:

ninja'd <sigh> but I'd do it in coop

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,257 battles

I'd go insane trying to play that many games. I do about 4-5 a night. More when the wife is gone of course.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Well, good luck in your endeavor! :Smile_honoring:

Members
8,091 posts
17,050 battles

Maybe late at night when the population is low, drag out your tier 1s and cycle them in co-op like they said above?

Seems kind of 'cheap' though; better to just accept what you be at, and concentrate more on getting xp to purchase T10s...

For me... I've not played my Des Moines in Randoms in so long it might be on the bottom of Suisun Bay because of neglect... Hopefully a Co-op battle will count...

[PVE]
Members
5,389 posts
17,847 battles
7 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

My advice is lots of tier two and three Co op.

Problem with low tiers is it can take a bit to kill something unless you manage some torp hits or lucky shots. Fastest coop games are around tier 5 IMHO. If the OP uses a couple of DDs he could manage 180 games in a short time. Running amok in a tier 4 cruiser would work as well.

[RIPQP]
Members
3,713 posts
14,579 battles

Fastest way to do it is to load into a co-op match, immediately exit to port and load into another co-op match. If you have enough ships in your port you can cycle them indefinitely. But being AFK is a bad move and your teammates should report you for doing so. Not recommending you to ruin matches, just accept whatever flags you get and be happy about it.

Edited by m373x

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

Problem with low tiers is it can take a bit to kill something unless you manage some torp hits or lucky shots. Fastest coop games are around tier 5 IMHO. If the OP uses a couple of DDs he could manage 180 games in a short time. Running amok in a tier 4 cruiser would work as well.

run dd's get in get out it's only battles that you want, unless you really care about your Co op stats. You want battles that's how. Who looks up your co op stats on any stats page? run the Derzki straight in and torp a bb 2 to 3 mins per battle did damage and start another. Easy Peasy.

[PVE]
Members
5,389 posts
17,847 battles
23 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

run dd's get in get out it's only battles that you want, unless you really care about your Co op stats. You want battles that's how. Who looks up your co op stats on any stats page? run the Derzki straight in and torp a bb 2 to 3 mins per battle did damage and start another. Easy Peasy.

LOL I agree about Coop stats, they are pretty pointless. I suppose I just worded my response poorly, DDs would be ideal for quick games. Use the speed boost to get kinda close and do suicide torps. Probably would need three of them, could probably manage to have two still "in battle" at the same time doing it this way. I guess if you really weren't worried about stats or karma, you could take m373x's advice about just loading into a game and heading back to port. I would imagine you could easily juggle 4 ships at once doing it this way.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

LOL I agree about Coop stats, they are pretty pointless. I suppose I just worded my response poorly, DDs would be ideal for quick games. Use the speed boost to get kinda close and do suicide torps. Probably would need three of them, could probably manage to have two still "in battle" at the same time doing it this way. I guess if you really weren't worried about stats or karma, you could take m373x's advice about just loading into a game and heading back to port. I would imagine you could easily juggle 4 ships at once doing it this way.

I can't ever quit a battle for the wrong reasons (that would be win or die or no quit). But you can get in quick, get kills, and do another battle, some of my best co ops, have started with that in mind, but because of the aggressiveness, turned into the best of battles. when I say if you don't care about stats, I don't mean throw out your Morals. Intentionally quitting is more than low. It's worse than team killing in my book. Team quitting is the cheapest and most disgusting thing you can do. It's the same as an intentional team kill. Maybe worse. It doesn't get you high tier points fast. The battles fly by quite quickly though.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PVE]
Members
5,389 posts
17,847 battles
11 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I can't ever quit a battle for the wrong reasons (that would be win or die or no quit). But you can get in quick, get kills, and do another battle, some of my best co ops, have started with that in mind, but because of the aggressiveness, turned into the best of battles. when I say if you don't care about stats, I don't mean throw out your Morals. Intentionally quitting is more than low. It's worse than team killing in my book. Team quitting is the cheapest and most disgusting thing you can do. It's the same as an intentional team kill. Maybe worse. It doesn't get you high tier points fast. The battles fly by quite quickly though.

Ehh not sure "team quitting" is a moral issue but with that said, I wouldn't do that either, just expanding on what was said before by m37. Personally don't care about intentional team killing as it is pretty rare. In all my games have seen it maybe 3 times.

I find all sorts of things disgusting and none of them are video game related other than the way players talk with one another in chat sometimes.

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
13 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

Ehh not sure "team quitting" is a moral issue but with that said, I wouldn't do that either, just expanding on what was said before by m37. Personally don't care about intentional team killing as it is pretty rare. In all my games have seen it maybe 3 times.

I find all sorts of things disgusting and none of them are video game related other than the way players talk with one another in chat sometimes.

Morals are up to the individual that spouts them. I was just spouting mine. Do unto (to or onto) others as you would like, you and your family to be treated. If being a [edited] makes you happy, you really don't need me to tell you that you really aren't. You would be aware of that on your own. By the way, when I say, "You" I don't mean you T. The people that You, applies to, know who they are, with out naming names.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,509 battles
14 hours ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

183 games in a day and a half. 10,000 games would be a nice round number for all those Anniversary event flags and a couple more T10 ships would be nice as well.

A year ago I'd have no problem with that kind of goal. Now though I might make a half hearted stab at it but daily burnout on the game comes at lot earlier these days.

In any case I'm sure everyone will enjoy the flags as well as the rest of the 2nd year birthday goodies.

Hey CrazyHorse! I would put it this way - congratulations on your set of 90 flags & cammos! ...and as many super containers for the Tier Xs you currently have!  Just imagine the number of players who won't have anywhere near as much as you'll earn in the Anniversary promo.

Is it really worth trying to grind so many (not so productive) games in such a short time, risking burnout & the ire of your teams in a game you love for 10 more flag sets & cammos and at most 1 more supercontainer?  Get some sleep!

Having said this - I did somewhat the same thing - checked my 10000 threshold (I'm over) & momentarily contemplated whether it was worth a silver grind to purchase 3 more T10s that I've unlocked but not bought yet (have 9 in port) - and decided - nope, Thanks WG for your generosity!...but I'm not gonna burn out & it'll be normal play - and sleep!

Members
1,015 posts
12,938 battles
4 hours ago, hangglide42 said:

Hey CrazyHorse! I would put it this way - congratulations on your set of 90 flags & cammos! ...and as many super containers for the Tier Xs you currently have!  Just imagine the number of players who won't have anywhere near as much as you'll earn in the Anniversary promo.

Is it really worth trying to grind so many (not so productive) games in such a short time, risking burnout & the ire of your teams in a game you love for 10 more flag sets & cammos and at most 1 more supercontainer?  Get some sleep!

Having said this - I did somewhat the same thing - checked my 10000 threshold (I'm over) & momentarily contemplated whether it was worth a silver grind to purchase 3 more T10s that I've unlocked but not bought yet (have 9 in port) - and decided - nope, Thanks WG for your generosity!...but I'm not gonna burn out & it'll be normal play - and sleep!

I came to this exact same conclusion shortly after I wrote the OP. Even though it might be doable it wasn't really worth the effort. I did convert some free XP and picked up the German T10 BB. I would have gotten her eventually so a month or so early to get another SC seemed reasonable. As to if it was worth it will depend on if the RNGods curse or bless me. :Smile_child:

Edited by CrazyHorse_Denver

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,568 battles
10 hours ago, m373x said:

Fastest way to do it is to load into a co-op match

Do we know for sure if co-op matches count towards the reward totals?

[WOLF2]
Members
868 posts
7,026 battles
18 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

My advice is lots of tier two and three Co op.

Got 40 ships in port?   Grab one, Co-op, start.   Match starts, you put it in forward, and leave match.   Go to another ship, start another instance of Co-op.  Put it in forward, and leave match.   Grab another ship and start another instance.    Repeat. Repeat.  Repeat.   Can it technically be done?   Yes.  

Is it worth it for a few more flags and goodies?   Up to you.  o7

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,905 battles
4 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

Got 40 ships in port?   Grab one, Co-op, start.   Match starts, you put it in forward, and leave match.   Go to another ship, start another instance of Co-op.  Put it in forward, and leave match.   Grab another ship and start another instance.    Repeat. Repeat.  Repeat.   Can it technically be done?   Yes.  

My mind doesn't think that way. Cheaters may prosper but they have no self respect, as well as regular respect. I am sure it happens but this was not the Idea I was trying to convey. Low tier Co op matches don't tend to last very long. Get in, kill 2 or 3 BB's, get sunk. Repeat.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,807 battles
23 hours ago, HillRock1 said:

Reminds me when WoT was about to release. I needed 200 games or so to receive a Closed Beta tank upon release. I simply scout rushed the other team and popped into another tank. If the arty were on the ball, I would sometimes kite their spawn for a min or two just so my team wouldn't hate me as much as if I simply yolo into the reds. 200 games in tanks was doable since countdown timer is 30 seconds and time to reach opponents spawn (ie time to death) was about 1-2 mins max.

In WoWs, best case:

30 secs to swap ships

30 secs average queue time 

60 secs loading delay

2 mins to death assuming yolo DD to cap

4 min / game * 183 = 12 hours and 12 mins 

You'll even have time to sleep and eat :)

Sign in to follow this