Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_5_6__2015

Quality of play

15 comments in this topic

[PYRO]
Members
29 posts
15,541 battles

To start off, I do not claim to be a great player. Average or a little above average at best.  But am I the only one who thinks the quality of play has gone down the drain the last couple months? More island hiders than I've ever seen. More guys running for the map edge at first contact. More team mates shooting each other just for the heck of it at the very start.  Seems very battle has one or two who will not engage until they are the last one left afloat. Then they to to fight after it's a lost cause.

In Random Battles one is lucky if 10 of the 12 players try to work as a team. Most times it's more like 50%.  In COOP Operations 50% act like they have no clue how to work as a team and ignore experienced players advice. It seems the more none registered players using "player#####" the worse it gets in all respects.

Maybe people should play a set number of battles at each tier before they run up the tech tree?

But love the game and battle on!

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles

Seems to be about the same quality to me. Just a few more fires nowadays.

• Cool 1

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles

Lately I am finding tier 7 more coordinated than tier 10 battles.  Haven't played much but what I did play was usually blowouts one way or another.

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,254 battles

Very seldom do you see all members trying to act as a team. CVs running to the corner of the map is the one that drives me crazy.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,716 battles

I'll tell ya, this past weekend had to be the worst I have seen in this game so far, way to many idiots running around just pew pewing everything in sight, ramming, running into torps, tons of messages in chat...'follow me', which is never a good sign and all of this in co-op. ouch!

• Cool 1

[RESP]
Beta Testers
883 posts
7,122 battles
18 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

Seems to be about the same quality to me. Just a few more fires nowadays.

This has been my experience.  Still the same amount of derps as ever.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
49 minutes ago, _5_6__2015 said:

To start off, I do not claim to be a great player. Average or a little above average at best.  But am I the only one who thinks the quality of play has gone down the drain the last couple months?

I want to ask you a serious question which will require a bit of introspection. Here goes:

Is the player base getting worse, or are you just getting better, and recognizing much more unhelpful and suicidal tactics than you ever did before? I, like @Stampz and @_Fantomex_, do not see a change in the player base as a whole, so maybe the skills you have acquired in 10K battles are telling you things you never listened to before.

Potato will always taste the same. You just recognize it now.

• Cool 3

[PYRO]
Members
29 posts
15,541 battles
8 minutes ago, Umikami said:

I want to ask you a serious question which will require a bit of introspection. Here goes:

Is the player base getting worse, or are you just getting better, and recognizing much more unhelpful and suicidal tactics than you ever did before? I, like @Stampz and @_Fantomex_, do not see a change in the player base as a whole, so maybe the skills you have acquired in 10K battles are telling you things you never listened to before.

That is an excellent point  and to a degree I would have to say it is possible in some aspects. But when you see someone in a tier 6 or 7 cruiser that cruises broadside firing, from one side of the map to the other, one has to ask.  Is he a complete moron or a bot hack?  When a cap letter is called and as a DD you go into it, just to watch 3 supporting ships turn and run for the next cap when you spot enemy ships......well, you kind of want to run them down and torp them yourself, lol.

Edited by _5_6__2015

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
5 minutes ago, _5_6__2015 said:

Is he a complete moron or a bot hack?

See, now you know enough to ask that question where before you would have said "man that's dumb" and left it at that.

The discriminating eye is the experienced eye.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,647 battles
16 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Can confirm. Got better, everyone else is crap now :p

[PLPT]
Members
593 posts
6,549 battles
12 minutes ago, _5_6__2015 said:

When a cap letter is called and as a DD you go into it, just to watch 3 supporting ships turn and run for the next cap when you spot enemy ships......well, you kind of want to run them down and torp them yourself, lol.

OMG the number of times this has happened to me as a DD... everyone calls the cap, lets me go in there, then they hide behind an island or even disappear from the area altogether, going to a different cap and stranding me.

I've stopped believing cap calls.  I'll go 1/2 speed or 3/4 just in front of the CA's and make sure they are with me before capping.

• Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
257 posts
4,827 battles

What i have noticed is the increase in players who just do not care about winning, working as a team member or learning the game mechanics. The funny thing is these players are the first to come to the forums and ask for nerfs on stuff that they have not taken the time to even learn how that part of the game works.  

• Cool 3

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles
5 hours ago, SeaBreeze_ said:

What i have noticed is the increase in players who just do not care about winning, working as a team member or learning the game mechanics.

Somehow I doubt any of us are the target audience anymore.

One promotional vid I keep seeing of late is all spam hype about ''Play and you can torp, maybe even sink, the Yamato'', ''Why haven't you played yet?'', & etc etc; no wonder folks queue without registering a name.

Spoiler

''Allows you to walk on water, fire at water, fire at the enemy.'' Seriously WG?.....

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People
  • Cool 4

[PYRO]
Members
29 posts
15,541 battles
1 hour ago, SeaBreeze_ said:

What i have noticed is the increase in players who just do not care about winning, working as a team member or learning the game mechanics. The funny thing is these players are the first to come to the forums and ask for nerfs on stuff that they have not taken the time to even learn how that part of the game works.  

I've seen more than one person in chat say "It's just an Arcade game, get over how I play and %##%"

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this