Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
DeliciousFart

Brotip: You can have 72,100 HP using Survivability Expert on Tirpitz

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles

The 2,800 extra HP can be the difference between life and death. Make sure you have HE loaded in your main guns, as German battleships have the outstanding 1/4 caliber HE penetration that you can exploit, allowing you to do much more consistent damage. As a battleship, your job is to be supportive with main guns that outrange other ship types, so make sure you pick a nice cozy patch of sea near your spawn and deliver some sniper justice with excellent German accuracy.

Happy hunting Tirpitz captains. :Smile_honoring:

Edited by DeliciousFart
  • Cool 2
  • Bad 1

[CAFE]
Beta Testers
4,373 posts
8,403 battles

Don't forget to take IFHE and Demo Expert.

Also AFT + BFT - If you have a friendly CV you can set back and give him AA support while you snipe at max Range with those amazing German Fire Breather's.

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
1 minute ago, Spyde said:

Don't forget to take IFHE and Demo Expert.

Also AFT + BFT - If you have a friendly CV you can set back and give him AA support while you snipe at max Range with those amazing German Fire Breather's.

No doubt. The carrier is the single most important vessel in the fleet, and it is vitally important that battleships respect their historical roles of providing AA support. Be a bro and give your fellow carrier a hand.

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,116 battles

I did see that tactic employed by a Tirpitz recently to great effect- he was the last ship alive on his team!  However, I have to disagree with this strategy.  What is unique about the Tirpitz?  It has torpedoes.  While an extra 2800hp on a battleship does offer a huge competitive edge in HE sniping, it's best to utilize those 3 points in Torpedo Armament Expert so you can be putting more torps in the water.  Also, those torps range 6km which is definitely more than you should need, so it's also wise to invest in Torpedo Acceleration to get those extra 5kts so you experience fewer dodged torps.  A Tirpitz played right never really even needs to bother firing its main guns.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,427 battles

Crap, I've been doing it wrong this whole time! I need too change all my BB captains nao!

[KWA]
Members
299 posts
4,167 battles
11 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

I did see that tactic employed by a Tirpitz recently to great effect- he was the last ship alive on his team!  However, I have to disagree with this strategy.  What is unique about the Tirpitz?  It has torpedoes.  While an extra 2800hp on a battleship does offer a huge competitive edge in HE sniping, it's best to utilize those 3 points in Torpedo Armament Expert so you can be putting more torps in the water.  Also, those torps range 6km which is definitely more than you should need, so it's also wise to invest in Torpedo Acceleration to get those extra 5kts so you experience fewer dodged torps.  A Tirpitz played right never really even needs to bother firing its main guns.

As someone who actually had TAE on my Tirpitz early on at one point, I feel strangely offended. :Smile-angry:

[CVA16]
Members
2,750 posts
6,251 battles
11 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Play the Tirpitz like a giant DD and not use it's main guns? Hmmm.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Supertester
1,847 posts
6,817 battles

More HP minimizes fires! See, when you have more HP, fires need to burn through more HP in order to sink you. Extremely OP and works every time.

Edited by GoldPile

[TBW]
Members
6,354 posts
11,894 battles

You guys are doing it all wrong. I run concealment expert and manual secondaries, so I never fire the main guns. The gun bloom on the secondaries is much smaller.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[4HIM]
Beta Testers
1,012 posts
9,218 battles

Umm is the OP not serious, I just spent a bunch of doubloon to re-spec my Dirptiz to a Tirpitz, and now I am thinking this is a troll...sadness!

Members
1,248 posts
737 battles
4 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

Umm is the OP not serious, I just spent a bunch of doubloon to re-spec my Dirptiz to a Tirpitz, and now I am thinking this is a troll...sadness!

Damn, Eurobeat has really made me associate this with Made In Germany.

Edited by DeliciousFart

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Such a good build. It's so much better than that boring secondary build everyone else uses. Pfftt. :Smile_teethhappy:

Sign in to follow this