Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Sinton

Atlanta 4th Captain Skill

13 comments in this topic

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

Hi Guys!

Coming up on 10th pt. for my Atlanta Cpt.  I've got the shot-gun strafe down and it is a blast.  So, do I add range to my rifles or damage. AFT vs. IFHE.  I see a benefit to both and will probably end up with both, but which would you guys get 1st?.  I regularly run Hydroacoustic Search and  Radar....I love lightin' up DD's and CL/CA's.

Thanks,

Sinton

• Cool 1

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,739 battles

Some questions...

What's your 3rd skill?

Is this a dedicated Atlanta captain or a USN line captain?

Because I would lean heavily towards Concealment Expert for your 4th skill depending on your answers.  

Edited by Sock5

[_ARP_]
[_ARP_]
Supertester, Supertest Coordinator
11,944 posts
3,863 battles

Concealment IMO

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

Aft, having the extra range makes a difference, especially if shooting over things, will add IFHE later......

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,633 battles

AFT or IFHE are the best options. Ideally you would have CE as well, but it really isn't a necessary skill to the success of the ship. IFHE will increase your damage output, while AFT allows a bit more flexibility. Personally I went with IFHE first, then AFT, then CE.

Also keep in mind that if it's a dedicated USN captain, IFHE is only useful on the Atlanta and nothing else below tier 7. I use a shared Atlanta/Cleveland captain, so the IFHE, AFT, and CE work on both.

There is an argument for ignoring IFHE all together, in which case any USN captain works for it. I do occasionally run my Des Memes captain her without it, and it works fine. 

• Cool 2

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Something to keep in mind!

IFHE is changing soon, giving a -1% fire chance to 139mm guns and below instead of -3%. So IFHE does not hurt her fire chance as much any more, and DE is not a necessity.

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
13 minutes ago, _Fantomex_ said:

AFT or IFHE are the best options. Ideally you would have CE as well, but it really isn't a necessary skill to the success of the ship. IFHE will increase your damage output, while AFT allows a bit more flexibility. Personally I went with IFHE first, then AFT, then CE.

Also keep in mind that if it's a dedicated USN captain, IFHE is only useful on the Atlanta and nothing else below tier 7. I use a shared Atlanta/Cleveland captain, so the IFHE, AFT, and CE work on both.

There is an argument for ignoring IFHE all together, in which case any USN captain works for it. I do occasionally run my Des Memes captain her without it, and it works fine. 

My Cleveland Cpt. is 12 pt. and I could re-roll and use him in my Atlanta too!  Great idea Fantomex!  Thanks so much :Smile_smile:

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles
1 minute ago, Doomlock said:

Something to keep in mind!

IFHE is changing soon, giving a -1% fire chance to 139mm guns and below instead of -3%. So IFHE does not hurt her fire chance as much any more, and DE is not a necessity.

Righto, due to the fact you have mentioned and the sheer volume of fire the Atlanta produces, I was going to forego DE so I could get SI.  Besides I would get BFT to pick up my AA ability.  This would give more juice then DE as a 2nd level 3 skill.

[RIPQP]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Supertester
725 posts
7,633 battles
Just now, Sinton said:

Righto, due to the fact you have mentioned and the sheer volume of fire the Atlanta produces, I was going to forego DE so I could get SI.  Besides I would get BFT to pick up my AA ability.  This would give more juice then DE as a 2nd level 3 skill.

If I were you, I wouldn't do anything with IFHE until it's final version is released. It might still get changed again before going live.

[TBW]
Members
6,319 posts
11,869 battles

Premiums are captain trainers for me, so my Atlanta gets what the captain has got. I suppose that I will start putting Captains on my premiums when all of my line Captains have 19 points. I figure that will only take a couple more years, I have 171 ships and counting.

[-K-]
Members
663 posts
6,924 battles

For the 10th point, I'd say AFT. It opens up your range from 11.1km to 13.3km, which is most important. My personal recommendation is to run 3 of the 4 point skills. IFHE, AFT and CE make for a great captain on both the Atlanta and Cleveland. I'm pretty confident in this build, and it has given me the best results.

1st Skill: Priority Target
2nd Skill: Adrenaline Rush
3rd Skill: Basic Fire Training
4th Skill: Advanced Fire Training
5th skill: Inertia Fuse/High Explosive
6th Skill: Concealment Expert
7th Skill/19th Point: Preventative Maintenance

Edited by mmfullen
  • Cool 2

Sign in to follow this