Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

Happy with the KGV

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,794 posts

So having finally gotten to the KGV and having played a few games in it, I've decided I'm happy with how it turned out.

KGV is a ship I've been waiting for since the beginning.  I will say that the play style is different from how I normally play my BBs.  I'm more of a brawler, and KGV doesn't brawl well.  But as a mid range battleship that doesn't reward bow camping, it's still fun.  It's definitely a keeper.  *whew*

Thank god "Monarch" wasn't the only KGV option in the game.  It bears no similarity to the KGV at all in my view.  WG did well in making Nelson a premium.

The only thing I want now is a Prince of Wales premium, modeled off Warspite's play style.  Powerful, accurate AP shells.  A boost to the range and effectiveness of the secondaries.  That would be a huge money earner for them.  We'll see how it goes.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

I enjoyed trying KGV out on my corgi fleet account. Makes me excited for when I get her on live.

[-K-]
Members
5,073 posts
8,938 battles
34 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

So having finally gotten to the KGV and having played a few games in it, I've decided I'm happy with how it turned out.

KGV is a ship I've been waiting for since the beginning.  I will say that the play style is different from how I normally play my BBs.  I'm more of a brawler, and KGV doesn't brawl well.  But as a mid range battleship that doesn't reward bow camping, it's still fun.  It's definitely a keeper.  *whew*

Thank god "Monarch" wasn't the only KGV option in the game.  It bears no similarity to the KGV at all in my view.  WG did well in making Nelson a premium.

The only thing I want now is a Prince of Wales premium, modeled off Warspite's play style.  Powerful, accurate AP shells.  A boost to the range and effectiveness of the secondaries.  That would be a huge money earner for them.  We'll see how it goes.

Interesting, as many have stated that KGV is the low point in the line.

As for Prince of Wales, I'd bet on seeing a Vanguard premium first.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

Interesting, as many have stated that KGV is the low point in the line.

As for Prince of Wales, I'd bet on seeing a Vanguard premium first.

I feel like Monarch is the low point in the line.

[NET]
Beta Testers
453 posts
3,740 battles

i love her too, just wish they used the hms vanguard at tier8 instead of a paper ship. blows my mind how the royal navys best battleships isnt in the game, tech tree or as a tier 8 premium.

[RTXN]
Beta Testers
584 posts

Can't decide between Gneisenau and KGV - guess I will have to keep both of them.  To say the least, Colorado and Nagato are history.

Monarch would not be so bad if the vertical dispersion were tighter.  Aiming for the waterline (or hull really) is useless as 1/2 to 3/4 of your shells are going into the drink.  Once I open Lion, Monarch is history - I like Alabama, North Carolina, Bismarck and Amagi much better.

Vanguard I fear is going to be a mix of Hood and Monarch.  Not what I call a great combo.  We shall see.

Come on Lion!!!!

Sign in to follow this