You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RacerDemon

CV Players, Question?

14 comments in this topic

Alpha Tester
940 posts
5,175 battles

Have any of you folks, who play CV, noticed "Micro-Lag" or 2-3 Second freezing of the game that only seems to happen when playing a CV? Whatever is happening its causing my fps to go from 60 to 3 back to 60 every 2-3 secs. Anyone know a fix? This doesn't happen while playing any other ship. 

• Cool 2

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles

I don't ever notice any actual latency difference. The interface is simply clunky. I'm used to it now, and it feels normal and right. 

However, I remember having similar thoughts. 

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,768 battles

I've experienced it too and it happens here and there for me.  I just work through it because I attribute it to my old rig that needs updating.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

I have lag on first entering a match with a CV that I don't have in any other ships. I launch planes and they can reach the center of the map before the game shows they have even left my flight deck. 

[TBOW]
Members
1,184 posts
10,432 battles

Is have had issues with I go to click on something and it like the mini map and it ignores me and I have to do again to get it to accept the command.

Members
2,209 posts
4,051 battles
2 hours ago, RacerDemon said:

Have any of you folks, who play CV, noticed "Micro-Lag" or 2-3 Second freezing of the game that only seems to happen when playing a CV? Whatever is happening its causing my fps to go from 60 to 3 back to 60 every 2-3 secs. Anyone know a fix? This doesn't happen while playing any other ship. 

I had similar experiences with my pc but not on my ultra potato laptop. So somehow a 14-20 fps machine is actually more consistent to play on. 

A side note this was also with an occasional sink error. Drop cone turns yellow but planes would circle before dropping and missing by a huge margin. 

Alpha Tester
940 posts
5,175 battles

Yeah not sure whats causing it, I have a gtx 970 oc, 16gb of ram, and an FX-8350...which is more than enough to run this game...

Alpha Tester
940 posts
5,175 battles
2 hours ago, Spartias said:

The interface itself is really clunky. Ya just get used to it.

Its not the interface.....I have all the way up to tier 9 on both lines...its micro-freezes..like they messed up the net code for Tactical Map view 

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,037 posts
12,522 battles

I have noticed this more lately. Maybe it's DX11-related, or due to some of the new effects.

Edited by Edgecase

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
220 posts
6,387 battles

i have noticed when your clicking somewhere say like the water your planes instead of going to that point just decide to patrol one of your friendly ships or you which is very annoying >_<

[5D]
Members
1,211 posts
7,099 battles
23 minutes ago, RacerDemon said:

Its not the interface.....I have all the way up to tier 9 on both lines...its micro-freezes..like they messed up the net code for Tactical Map view 

Idk man

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
62 posts
11,179 battles

yes i know exactly what you're talking about. it becomes pronounced with you are trying to torp drop manually. i've had many ideal drops ruined this way. always thought it was a lag spike.
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/pXm8TW thats my rig i built, so now i know im not alone on this issue.

Alpha Tester
940 posts
5,175 battles
6 hours ago, Strider86x said:

yes i know exactly what you're talking about. it becomes pronounced with you are trying to torp drop manually. i've had many ideal drops ruined this way. always thought it was a lag spike.
https://pcpartpicker.com/b/pXm8TW thats my rig i built, so now i know im not alone on this issue.

Yeah I think it has somthing to do with the new sounds effects or what not