You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
sendit2me30

This game is CRAP

61 comments in this topic

Members
84 posts

There are just not enough words to describe how bad this is.

As so often - played the Kag.  There was only me left on our team and a CV + 2 DD on the enemy.  I go after the CV, a Lexington.  I avoid multiple fire bombs and a squad of torpedo bombers.   The Lexington is dodging EVERY SINGLE TORP I throw at it.  And multiple salvo's, all broad side.  The only thing that damages him are my HE shelves.  In the end I was killed by his torpedo planes. 

So what is the crappy - s&*t (s-word) utter meaning and logic of this nonsense??? A huge big monstrous carrier can dodge every torpedo and a small, tiny, super maneuverable destroyer cannot avoid them. Ha - bloody - ha!  And you see this time and again.  

Conclusion - with all the nerfs and the bufs and the tweaks and constant updates this game has finally gone down the drains... it now has only 1 purpose - to be flushed.

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles

So you're saying you couldn't set him on fire with HE to stop him from launching planes and save your torpedoes for a salvo drop to close to dodge or launch one set where his current path is then the other set to where he will be going to dodge the first set? Is that what I am gathering from your post?

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,576 battles

I think we need to buff your aim with torpedoes, don't use the grey line all the time. Also, if you missed all your torps, do you happen to have a replay of said Lexington torpedobeating?

• Cool 2

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,634 battles

I only play DD a bit. I'm assuming you were playing a Kagero.   Fine boat w/ 10 klick torps.  Were you firing them at further range?  Because if you were and this was a co-op match the Lexi is plenty maneuverable enough to side step you every time ( she's as nimble as a Midway at base stats).  The AI for bots is much better it seems and with a couple of aggressive DD bots as well your win wouldn't be assured

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
916 posts
18,042 battles
25 minutes ago, sendit2me30 said:

There are just not enough words to describe how bad this is.

As so often - played the Kag.  There was only me left on our team and a CV + 2 DD on the enemy.  I go after the CV, a Lexington.  I avoid multiple fire bombs and a squad of torpedo bombers.   The Lexington is dodging EVERY SINGLE TORP I throw at it.  And multiple salvo's, all broad side.  The only thing that damages him are my HE shelves.  In the end I was killed by his torpedo planes. 

So what is the crappy - s&*t (s-word) utter meaning and logic of this nonsense??? A huge big monstrous carrier can dodge every torpedo and a small, tiny, super maneuverable destroyer cannot avoid them. Ha - bloody - ha!  And you see this time and again.  

Conclusion - with all the nerfs and the bufs and the tweaks and constant updates this game has finally gone down the drains... it now has only 1 purpose - to be flushed.

wnc0XH7.jpg

• Cool 2

[--V--]
Members
485 posts
10,636 battles

How far away were you when launching torps?

If its just a DD and a high tier CV, its pretty hard for the DD player.  High Tier CVs are fast and maneuverable, they have planes up which spot your torps as soon as launched, so they can dodge.  And they can reload bombers and torp planes as fast or faster than you can reload torps.  

As for your guns, should've used HE the whole time.  Can't speak to your aim without seeing replay, but sounds like it wasn't very good.  If CV was full health and you were trying to burn down with HE, it could take a while under the best of circumstances.

[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,802 battles

The Lex was probably already turning into the torps before you deployed them.  A carrier that is aware of incoming can often dodge.

Also, a CV can time a torp drop well that catches DDs unawares.  You are a good example of both of these.

• Cool 2

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles

Please tell me you didn't spend that entire battle trying to chase down that CV.

• Cool 2

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts

If it was bots - unlock targeting indicator prior to firing torps as bots are sensitive to targeting indicators for torps. They can't see - so they have to have some guide as to when a torp hits the water. 

[SALVO]
Members
16,723 posts
17,314 battles
41 minutes ago, FayFay731 said:

I think we need to buff your aim with torpedoes, don't use the grey line all the time. Also, if you missed all your torps, do you happen to have a replay of said Lexington torpedobeating?

On this point, people should realize that it's calibrated to an assumed speed of 30 knots.  If the target ship is faster than 30 kts, the torps will end up going behind the target.  IIRC, a Lexington is a little faster than 30 kts, so you should aim a little ahead of the suggested aim.

[SALVO]
Members
16,723 posts
17,314 battles
54 minutes ago, smf117 said:

So you're saying you couldn't set him on fire with HE to stop him from launching planes and save your torpedoes for a salvo drop to close to dodge or launch one set where his current path is then the other set to where he will be going to dodge the first set? Is that what I am gathering from your post?

IIRC, there is a (level 3) skill that allows carriers to launch and recover planes, in spite of being on fire. So in any later tier carrier, I wouldn't assume that fire would prevent a carrier from continuing with flight operations.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts

Yea but its a tad expensive (the skill) for what it delivers. I just utilize RP prior to launch. At that point though, if you are being set on fire by a DD, you have bigger issues. 

[NDA]
Supertester
3,896 posts
1,479 battles
1 hour ago, sendit2me30 said:

Then please do.  You've got 6300+ battles?  And you can't torp a carrier or dodge torpedoes?  Did you *buy* this account or something?

• Cool 3

[SALVO]
Members
16,723 posts
17,314 battles
23 minutes ago, _Luna said:

Please tell me you didn't spend that entire battle trying to chase down that CV.

Honestly, given how easily high tier CV's can dodge torpedoes, I've largely given up trying to torp carriers with DD's.  It's generally more effective to just gun down the CV than to try to land torpedoes.  Furthermore, since CV's starting at around tier 6 are as fast as all but the very fastest DD's, trying to run one down in a stern chase is a waste of time for any torpedo boat, though if you're in a gunboat you can still engage the CV, assuming that you were able to get into gun range before he started running.

Just a tip for anyone trying to hunt and kill a high tier CV with a gunboat DD.  Don't start firing the instant you get into gun range.  Try to close fairly well inside gun range before opening fire, as long as you remain undetected.  You don't want the enemy CV to be able to outrun you and get out of gun range, if he does happen to have the speed to do so.  Also, if/when he starts sending planes after you, you'll end up having to maneuver wildly which can cause you to lose speed and let him open the range a little bit.  Better to have a few kilometers of range to spare, if at all possible.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
16,723 posts
17,314 battles
5 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Yea but its a tad expensive (the skill) for what it delivers. I just utilize RP prior to launch. At that point though, if you are being set on fire by a DD, you have bigger issues. 

True, but I still wouldn't assume that the CV doesn't have that skill.  OTOH, if some DD opens fire on you at 10+ km and you have that skill, and if you have your planes nearby or on board, you should have plenty of time to start attacking him.  After all, unless the DD is able to land torpedoes, it's not like he's going to be able to kill you quickly with his pew pew guns.

[SALVO]
Members
16,723 posts
17,314 battles
24 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

If it was bots - unlock targeting indicator prior to firing torps as bots are sensitive to targeting indicators for torps. They can't see - so they have to have some guide as to when a torp hits the water. 

This is very true, as I've learned and tested out recently.  It's a must-use tactic for any user of torpedoes in coop battles, particularly DD's.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,544 posts
6,689 battles

I like threads like this, lots of comedy.

But anyone in a t8 dd such as Kagero who cannot take down a t8 CV is doing something very wrong. For the whole point of the Kagero is to never be seen. If you are spotted trying to flank, you die, and deservedly so.

• Cool 3

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 minutes ago, Crucis said:

I've largely given up trying to torp carriers with DD's.  It's generally more effective to just gun down the CV than to try to land torpedoes

Ya, agree; CV's, and BB's, do seem to turn with the agility of DD's in this game. Funny how that works, but they can nerf Khab's turning radius. But I digress!

@Crucis has it right when he says it is more effective, and probably will take less time, to gun him down rather than torp him down.

6 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Don't start firing the instant you get into gun range.

I usually don't start firing until I reach detection range. And if I do use torps, I am usually within cannot dodge range, less than 2K.

2 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

But anyone in a t8 dd such as Kagero who cannot take down a t8 CV is doing something very wrong.

See, and I would have said that any tier 8 CV player who cannot take out a lone IJN DD isn't worth having on your team. Viewpoints are funny, huh?

Killing a high tier CV with an IJN DD is tough; not impossible, but tough.

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

If you're always the last one standing, you're sandbagging. If you're always on the losing team, well, the only common factor in all those losses is you. 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

True, but I still wouldn't assume that the CV doesn't have that skill.  OTOH, if some DD opens fire on you at 10+ km and you have that skill, and if you have your planes nearby or on board, you should have plenty of time to start attacking him.  After all, unless the DD is able to land torpedoes, it's not like he's going to be able to kill you quickly with his pew pew guns.

Correct me if i'm wrong... but repair party gives you some time of invincibility related to fires when it is activated - something like five or ten seconds, maybe more? 

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,271 posts
1 minute ago, TTK_Aegis said:

If you're always the last one standing, you're sandbagging. If you're always on the losing team, well, the only common factor in all those losses is you. 

In a CV that's not necessarily correct. Quite often a carrier is the last one standing because. :fish_cute_2:

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,544 posts
6,689 battles
Just now, Umikami said:

(...)

See, and I would have said that any tier 8 CV player who cannot take out a lone IJN DD isn't worth having on your team. Viewpoints are funny, huh?

Killing a high tier CV with an IJN DD is tough; not impossible, but tough.

This is what forums are for, viewpoints, glad to hear yours btw:)
But you know I have been playing both t8 kagero and t8 CVs quite a bit this last month or so. An IJN DD is an optimal CV killer, because stealth+torpedoes. In a Kagero I have enjoyed a good number of CV kills, while in my CVs I have been sunk inenumerable times by IJN dds. Played with patience, Kagero through to Shimekaze are deadly to carrier players if their team fails to screen properly, or if CV fails to pay enough attention to unguarded flanks.