Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
x2_Weekends

Will there be a non-HSF Harakaze Premium?

27 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
824 posts
2,501 battles

Anyone heard anything if WG plan on releasing a non-HSF version of the Harakaze premium IJN DD?  

I'm sure if there even is one, it can't be released until well after the HSF contract with WoWS has expired.  No sense releasing a boat that would create sales competition with the HSF version right now.  But...seems like the HSF version has been in the Premium Shop forever now.  I've seen all of one in battle, but I don't play at Tiers VIII - X.

[ARMDA]
Members
8,993 posts
3,477 battles

It's basically a Kagero animezed.

There's the option of putting a historical camo if you're not into the other skins though.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

There would be no point. You'd have to rename the ship, and give it different armament choices in order to work.

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,576 battles
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

You can turn off anime things in a way that you can play a harekaze, but see none of the weeb

The anime camo gives you more bonuses than the alternative permanent camo, WG just wants players to embrace their inner weeb.

• Cool 1

[ML-S]
Members
284 posts
4,034 battles
22 minutes ago, FayFay731 said:

The anime camo gives you more bonuses than the alternative permanent camo, WG just wants players to embrace their inner weeb.

Actually, they give the same bonuses.  There was a time when they did not, but WG revised it.

• Cool 2

[NERO]
Members
3,542 posts

Short answer? No, never.

Long answer? Harakaze is not an actual ship. No Kagero class DD was ever produced with that name. It was created completely for the High School Fleet anime so the main characters' ship would have no historical ties. 

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

You'd have to rename the ship, and give it different armament choices in order to work.

You mean like they did with Graf Spee (choke, choke)?

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
20 minutes ago, Umikami said:

You mean like they did with Graf Spee (choke, choke)?

Graf Spee existed. Harekaze didn't. Yukikaze on the other hand did.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, Doomlock said:

Graf Spee existed. Harekaze didn't. Yukikaze on the other hand did.

All true, but not my point. My point; WoW re-released Graf Spee as a HSF ship no different than the Graf Spee prem we have now; 2 ships, same stats.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
824 posts
2,501 battles
53 minutes ago, Umikami said:

All true, but not my point. My point; WoW re-released Graf Spee as a HSF ship no different than the Graf Spee prem we have now; 2 ships, same stats.

^ This. I'd buy a Harakaze (or whatever technical sister/clone ship it is...don't give $0.02 about nitpicking the name) but I don't want all the 15 year old fanboy anime crap.  

Members
603 posts
7,018 battles
2 hours ago, x2_Weekends said:

^ This. I'd buy a Harakaze (or whatever technical sister/clone ship it is...don't give $0.02 about nitpicking the name) but I don't want all the 15 year old fanboy anime crap.  

you can put on a non anime camo and use normal IJN captain on this ship. so all you want is the same ship without the name ?

I don't see why WG would do it.

The reason we have HSF Graf Spee and normal Graf Spee is because when they release Graf Spee, the collaboration with HSF isn't a thing yet.

so far we've seen WG copy and paste already exist ship for anime series collaboration, (Kongo --> ARP Kongo sisters, Myoko --> ARP Myoko sisters, Atago --> ARP Takao, and Graf Spee --> HSF Graf Spee) but we have yet to see anything around.

Put it into business perspective, collaboration is a comercial move that both company adveritise each other and so get more profit. 

creating a clone after the collaboration is a stupid move that will hurt the relationship between WG and all the future possible collaboration. and I can't find any reason why WG would do so.

That being said, 

I think its possiple for WG to do a fully upgraded Kagero clone with super tiny adjustment and name her Yukikaze / Hamakaze etc. and sell it as premium.

However, a clone Harekaze would be almost impossible.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
19 hours ago, SkyRail said:

(Kongo --> ARP Kongo sisters, Myoko --> ARP Myoko sisters, Atago --> ARP Takao, and Graf Spee --> HSF Graf Spee)

19 hours ago, SkyRail said:

a clone Harekaze would be almost impossible.

The illogic of these two statements being in the same post is staggering.

Members
603 posts
7,018 battles
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

The illogic of these two statements being in the same post is staggering.

You might misunderstand what I am trying to say so let me make it clear.

cloning an existing ship for anime collaboration = possible.

cloning an existing ship for premium = possible

cloning an anime collaboration ship for normal premium = almost impossible 

Beta Testers
824 posts
2,501 battles
22 hours ago, SkyRail said:

you can put on a non anime camo and use normal IJN captain on this ship. so all you want is the same ship without the name ?

I don't see why WG would do it.

The reason we have HSF Graf Spee and normal Graf Spee is because when they release Graf Spee, the collaboration with HSF isn't a thing yet.

so far we've seen WG copy and paste already exist ship for anime series collaboration, (Kongo --> ARP Kongo sisters, Myoko --> ARP Myoko sisters, Atago --> ARP Takao, and Graf Spee --> HSF Graf Spee) but we have yet to see anything around.

Put it into business perspective, collaboration is a comercial move that both company adveritise each other and so get more profit. 

creating a clone after the collaboration is a stupid move that will hurt the relationship between WG and all the future possible collaboration. and I can't find any reason why WG would do so.

That being said, 

I think its possiple for WG to do a fully upgraded Kagero clone with super tiny adjustment and name her Yukikaze / Hamakaze etc. and sell it as premium.

However, a clone Harekaze would be almost impossible.

I wasn't aware of the ability to use normal camo and normal IJN captains in the HSF Harekaze.  Thank you for clarifying that.  Now that makes me even more torn though.  I want the ship, or something similar in that Tier.  I just have a hard time spending money to support WoWS's anime partnerships.  At my age, it's just not my thing.  I don't hate the anime stuff to the point of making powerless demands to have it removed or throw out ultimatums that I'll never play the game again on the message boards.  To each their own and I understand those partnerships help keep the game going.  To me it just feels childish, immature, and unnecessary. 

Edit: I guess I feel there's a certain bias or prejudice players who play the anime ships face from other players.  Does it still say "HSF Harekaze" in the team list during the battle?  If so, then changing the camo doesn't change the title of the ship and that bias/prejudice would still be there.

Members
603 posts
7,018 battles
1 hour ago, x2_Weekends said:

I wasn't aware of the ability to use normal camo and normal IJN captains in the HSF Harekaze.  Thank you for clarifying that.  Now that makes me even more torn though.  I want the ship, or something similar in that Tier.  I just have a hard time spending money to support WoWS's anime partnerships.  At my age, it's just not my thing.  I don't hate the anime stuff to the point of making powerless demands to have it removed or throw out ultimatums that I'll never play the game again on the message boards.  To each their own and I understand those partnerships help keep the game going.  To me it just feels childish, immature, and unnecessary. 

Edit: I guess I feel there's a certain bias or prejudice players who play the anime ships face from other players.  Does it still say "HSF Harekaze" in the team list during the battle?  If so, then changing the camo doesn't change the title of the ship and that bias/prejudice would still be there.

the name HSF Harekaze will still show even if you use the alternative camo and normal IJN captain. unlike ARP Takao and Atago, there is a significant different between Kagero and Harekaze, so you can't really make them share the same name.

I totally understand some sterotype against anime and some ppl may not like it. I personally view them as a product of hard working people to use their creativity to make entertainment for ppl. 

To an extend, Harekaze can only appear in this game cos there are ppl crazy enough to take historical reference and put them into a show, and also make the show polular enough that WoWs consider a collaboration.

in other words, without this anime, we might have never seen this ship in game. I appreaciate the anime and its industry to make this possible.

if you still don't like it, then too bad, this ship only comes in this form atm.

sidenote: For ppl out there who think anime = kids show / hentai, I recommand you to really look for what they got before you come out with such conclusion. Many anime have complicated content that are target toward more mature audience, as they question the nature of good and bad / explore natural destruction / showing deep emotion etc.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, SkyRail said:

cloning an anime collaboration ship for normal premium = almost impossible 

This makes less sense than pipe wrenches in an oak tree.

Everything is already "mapped up" as far as computer modeling is concerned, and WoW certainly retains the electronic rights to all it's ships (EULA), so all it would be is a copy and paste job; SHAZAAM!, new premium.

Members
603 posts
7,018 battles
27 minutes ago, Umikami said:

This makes less sense than pipe wrenches in an oak tree.

Everything is already "mapped up" as far as computer modeling is concerned, and WoW certainly retains the electronic rights to all it's ships (EULA), so all it would be is a copy and paste job; SHAZAAM!, new premium.

the thing is, its easy to just copy and paste what they aleady have. 

but this will absolutely damage their relationship with whatever company they are having the collaboration with and build up bad reputation for WG.

just like how Wows is advertising High School fleet, on the other hand, High School fleet is crediting Wargaming. by releasing an entire clone of the existing anime ship you simply taking advantage of the anime without giving them any benifit. and leads to companies don't want to do collab with WG anymore.

I said almost impossible for them to do so is not because technical stand point, but from a business point of view.

thats just my opinion tho....god knows if WG view business relationship as important as I do....maybe they don't care, idk

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 minute ago, SkyRail said:

I said almost impossible for them to do so is not because technical stand point, but from a business point of view.

They certainly had no issues with doing whatever they wanted with the ARP ships after the ARP collaboration was over, so I don't think it would have the negative impact you think it will.

Members
603 posts
7,018 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

They certainly had no issues with doing whatever they wanted with the ARP ships after the ARP collaboration was over, so I don't think it would have the negative impact you think it will.

so what did they do to the ARP ships after the collaboration ?

as far as I know, they allow ARP captains to command IJN ships, and IJN captain to command ARP ships

all ARP ships are already exist model that created before the collaboration is even a thing. its not like they remodel any of those ships. and none of them have a different armament compare to the ships on the regular line to begin with anyway.

ppl who don't like ARP ships can still play regular Kongo, Myoko and buy the premium Atago

tho ppl who don't like HSF harekaze don't have a alternative right now.

the only ships thats arguable is Graf Spee.

However Premium Graf Spee was created before the collaboration, and is not in the store now. instead we have the HSF version now.

sidenote: there is no ship in history like the Harekaze. she is a historcal reference + fantasy product. (unlike all those other collab ships llike Kongo, Myoko, Atago, Graf Spee) I doubt WG would ever think about this set up if it wasn't for the collaboration.

again, things that never happen before doesn't mean they will never happen. and I am well aware of this. I just think its not wise for WG to copy a ship that is surely originated from an anime collaboration and sell it as a different premium.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

so what did they do to the ARP ships after the collaboration ?

Basically made them Japanese; which really isn't a big issue.

sidenote: there is no ship in history like the Harekaze. she is a historcal reference + fantasy product.

Oh Jesus! She's a punched up Kagero for cryin' out loud!

I just think its not wise for WG to copy a ship that is surely originated from an anime collaboration and sell it as a different premium.

And you might actually have a point except the silly thing is nothing more than a re-worked Kagero with some "unusual" characteristics; with the ever increasing number of fantasy ships and fantasy mechanics prevalent in this game do you really think WoW would ever hesitate to release ANYTHING that would make them a fast buck? Listen carefully; that isn't the starting bell, it's the cash register!

Members
603 posts
7,018 battles
7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Basically made them Japanese; which really isn't a big issue.

Oh Jesus! She's a punched up Kagero for cryin' out loud!

And you might actually have a point except the silly thing is nothing more than a re-worked Kagero with some "unusual" characteristics; with the ever increasing number of fantasy ships and fantasy mechanics prevalent in this game do you really think WoW would ever hesitate to release ANYTHING that would make them a fast buck? Listen carefully; that isn't the starting bell, it's the cash register!

you do have a point.

imo, its totally possible for WG to release "fantasy ship that might have some sort of real life reference" in fact, isn't a bunch of already exist ship the same thing ?

I just think they won't 100% copy and paste Harekaze. but all the other ships that will put a few more bucks into their pocket, they will surely make it.

would they make a ship that might somehow share similar loadout as Harekaze with only a few changes and name it Yukikaze or Harekaze or whatever? that's totally possible if that will sell.

6 minutes ago, awildpervert said:

the weebness is what makes it so dank and fun to play

have to agree....its the weebness that makes me play IJN more than anything else, and its the exact same reason why I collect all the ARP ships and bought the HSF Harekaze.

ever since the anime character voice over is avaliable in-game, i've use those and have never once use the original voice over. (I even send Seagull to reserve because his voice over take over the anime one....)

whatever makes you have fun right ?

[DAKI]
Members
621 posts
6,141 battles
1 hour ago, SkyRail said:

you do have a point.

imo, its totally possible for WG to release "fantasy ship that might have some sort of real life reference" in fact, isn't a bunch of already exist ship the same thing ?

I just think they won't 100% copy and paste Harekaze. but all the other ships that will put a few more bucks into their pocket, they will surely make it.

would they make a ship that might somehow share similar loadout as Harekaze with only a few changes and name it Yukikaze or Harekaze or whatever? that's totally possible if that will sell.

have to agree....its the weebness that makes me play IJN more than anything else, and its the exact same reason why I collect all the ARP ships and bought the HSF Harekaze.

ever since the anime character voice over is avaliable in-game, i've use those and have never once use the original voice over. (I even send Seagull to reserve because his voice over take over the anime one....)

whatever makes you have fun right ?

yep, whenever i play my ships I think of the kancolle girls a lot and their lines, aww you are so lucky that you can play the ARP ships, I want them so bad rn.

[V_KNG]
Members
560 posts
8,552 battles

So I'm curious. Why would you want a second version of a ship that is not Neon, you can put any captain in and the only drawback is the torpedoes? Do you want them to take the Red strip off the Gray haul? The little girl behind the helm can be replaced with any captain. You want the HSF of the ship name? I'm just really curious. Only issue I have with Harekaze is I want torpedo options. 

Sign in to follow this