Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CaptGodzillaPig

DD.. The Hero or the goat?

90 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, HellaCopterRescue said:

Yep. Thats why as a CA/DD player you are supposed to read the team and react/control to match according.

 

Good and unicum players produce consistent results this way.

Yeah,  because I have always strived to be a unicum player.  Break down the word Uni  Cum.  It just isn't appealing.   Actually it is probably pretty spot on.  Uni =1  Cum=release.  None of them have probably had the latter without just themselves.

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
358 posts
9,604 battles
1 hour ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Depends on who you play with I guess.  Been running this german DD line, still on Gaede, though just about to move up.  First game tonight.  Rolled it.  Couple of kills, almost easy.  Guys on the team were saying, "dude you are a manic!"  Probably because I took a Farragut down the broadside at 2k, but I knew he had popped torps down that side and I had him.   Next game.  not so much.  Got lit and killed quick.  Still a win.  good team.    But I reflected for a minute and the difference was this.  First team took advantage of my spots and targeted the ships I lit.  Namely enemy DD and Cruisers.  Second team, while still a good team that rolled a win, ignored my spots and left me to deal with whatever was around me. 

 

Makes a guy think...

I can completely relate to this 110% 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Yeah,  because I have always strived to be a unicum player.  Break down the word Uni  Cum.  It just isn't appealing.   Actually it is probably pretty spot on.  Uni =1  Cum=release.  None of them have probably had the latter without just themselves.

37d.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
5 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Yeah,  because I have always strived to be a unicum player.  Break down the word Uni  Cum.  It just isn't appealing.   Actually it is probably pretty spot on.  Uni =1  Cum=release.  None of them have probably had the latter without just themselves.

 

feels good to be unicum.

today's battles.

7f7052c0-5b75-4d81-afbc-685eb1a6d93b.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
1 minute ago, aAkula said:

 

feels good to be unicum.

today's battles.

7f7052c0-5b75-4d81-afbc-685eb1a6d93b.png

OOOhhh I bet it felt so good.    that looks like a whole day's worth of work,  Know what I did today?  I spent 4 hours in full chem suit wearing a breathing air system fixing a crapvalve on a 49% Hydrofluoric Acid  system.  Then I came home and played a few games. Never mind at any moment today I could have REALLY died.  OMG you might have lost a warship game.  Thank god you are ok. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
2 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

OOOhhh I bet it felt so good.    that looks like a whole day's worth of work,  Know what I did today?  I spent 4 hours in full chem suit wearing a breathing air system fixing a crapvalve on a 49%HF system.  Then I came home and played a few games. Never mind at any moment today I could have REALLY died.  OMG you might have lost a warship game.  Thank god you are ok. 

 

Cool you wear a BA, is that supposed to impress me?

Edited by aAkula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

 

Cool you wear a BA, is that supposed to impress me?

You won some games today.  Is that supposed to impress me?  Let's compare.  Maybe we take a vote...  Lower case a Shark won some games today with his SALTY buddlies, or someone actually went to work and did some real stuff.  Who had the better day?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
144
[MIA-I]
Privateers
511 posts
4,453 battles
11 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Yeah,  because I have always strived to be a unicum player.  Break down the word Uni  Cum.  It just isn't appealing.   Actually it is probably pretty spot on.  Uni =1  Cum=release.  None of them have probably had the latter without just themselves.

Uhmm okay....i never said it had to be appealing to you...but its okay if you wanna take it in that direction im sure we can. Excuse me for creating the word so you can be beat the meat of this dead horse.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

You won some games today.  Is that supposed to impress me?  Let's compare.  Maybe we take a vote...  Lower case a Shark won some games today with his SALTY buddlies, or someone actually went to work and did some real stuff.  Who had the better day?

 

Who is to say i didn't work today?

You just said yourself you could have died, why would you consider that a better day than what i had playing a game online with friends?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, HellaCopterRescue said:

Uhmm okay....i never said it had to be appealing to you...but its okay if you wanna take it in that direction im sure we can. Excuse me for creating the word so you can be beat the meat of this dead horse.....

If you are caught in the cross fire between me and the SALTY crowd, I am sorry.  I have no beef with you.  You got in, that was your choice.  I know you and I have seen you in games.  I have no problem with you unless you want to jump in on their behalf.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

 

Who is to say i didn't work today?

You just said yourself you could have died, why would you consider that a better day than what i had playing a game online with friends?

Because I love my job and that stuff is what I live for.  I fix things other people can't. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Because I love my job and that stuff is what I live for.  I fix things other people can't. 

 

I love going to work knowing I'll be safe and coming home alive to friends and family, and then being super unicum at this game.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
8 minutes ago, aAkula said:

 

Cool you wear a BA, is that supposed to impress me?

Let's revisit this comment...   Good for you for doing what you do.  But should I take a page from your book here and belittle you for it, or congratulate you?  Because you are sort of all over the board here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Let's revisit this comment...   Good for you for doing what you do.  But should I take a page from your book here and belittle you for it, or congratulate you?  Because you are sort of all over the board here. 

 

For whatever reason you decided to reply to my daily stats with your life or death work environment, comparing the two as if they are even remotely relevant, to me that seems "all over the board".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

 

For whatever reason you decided to reply to my daily stats with your life or death work environment, comparing the two as if they are even remotely relevant, to me that seems "all over the board".

The fact that you think your game stats mean anything to anyone other than you happen to be a re roll player in a unicum division..  Well..  I'll take my 50% life time rate grinding out A hulls and crapcaptains over your padded stats.  I play for fun and if stats mean anything I think mine are ok considering how I got to where I am.   

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles

@CaptGodzillaPig Dude I just gotta say you take this guys bait everytime.  I admit that unicum comment made my day though too funny.  It all comes down to how invested you are in this game and how you view it.  My stats are slowly getting there but oh well.  Some will spend hundreds and thousands on it to respecc captains for the shifting meta, others wont, some have 19 pt captains in every ship otherwise they wont hit the battle button without it.  And most of all the unicums play this game like a chess match, others don't.  That's why clans exist so they find players with that same mindset and play off of each others ships capabilities, communicating on teamspeak coordinating attacks etc etc. Good for them man, Ive tried to get my friends on this game and they quit because of the grind its not for them but oh well, see ya out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, knice_destroyer said:

@CaptGodzillaPig Dude I just gotta say you take this guys bait everytime.  I admit that unicum comment made my day though too funny.  It all comes down to how invested you are in this game and how you view it.  My stats are slowly getting there but oh well.  Some will spend hundreds and thousands on it to respecc captains for the shifting meta, others wont, some have 19 pt captains in every ship otherwise they wont hit the battle button without it.  And most of all the unicums play this game like a chess match, others don't.  That's why clans exist so they find players with that same mindset and play off of each others ships capabilities, communicating on teamspeak coordinating attacks etc etc. Good for them man, Ive tried to get my friends on this game and they quit because of the grind its not for them but oh well, see ya out there.

Knice - I don't take their bait.  I wait for it.  Look back at any post I have made and these guys jump on it.  I know what they are about. Call it counter balance.  I can tolerate them as a group.  I can't tolerate them as a group that jumps on people.  These clowns need a reality check.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles

I get that man, but they wont change.  People are going to believe what they want to believe and do what they are going to do no matter what.  You can argue to you are blue in the face, wont matter a bit. Look at my 100 percent win rate I am so good and your not etc etc.  YAY!  Its funny when you really think about man.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, knice_destroyer said:

I get that man, but they wont change.  People are going to believe what they want to believe and do what they are going to do no matter what.  You can argue to you are blue in the face, wont matter a bit. Look at my 100 percent win rate I am so good and your not etc etc.  YAY!  Its funny when you really think about man.

I argue here.  I have fun in the game.  Get your friends hooked up with the clan guys I am with.  We have a lot of fun.  :)  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
16 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

The fact that you think your game stats mean anything to anyone other than you happen to be a re roll player in a unicum division..  Well..  I'll take my 50% life time rate grinding out A hulls and crapcaptains over your padded stats.  I play for fun and if stats mean anything I think mine are ok considering how I got to where I am.   

 

Speaking of re-roll's, how is yours going?

Padded stats? Nar i'm just good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
205
[WOLF1]
Members
623 posts
13,163 battles

I know debating is fun.  I have fun in the game too.  I will think about the clan thing considering it seems that's what it takes to get consistency these days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

 

Speaking of re-roll's, how is yours going?

Padded stats? Nar i'm just good.

I haven't played lately.  But I am still at 70% grinding on my own through the lines.  That don't suck. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
813
[SALTY]
Members
1,291 posts
4,139 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I haven't played lately.  But I am still at 70% grinding on my own through the lines.  That don't suck. 

 

So if stats mean nothing, why the need for a new account? Sounding like a hypocrite..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
732
[DUDES]
Members
2,922 posts
5,394 battles
Just now, aAkula said:

 

So if stats mean nothing, why the need for a new account? Sounding like a hypocrite..

Oh no I told you why.  If you want to air it out please do.  I don't care about the stats...I was just curious about how you guys did it.  Call it a social experiment.  How did you do grinding on your own?   Oh wait you just bought up to whatever and had your boys carry you.  I am carrying a 70% with no help grinding. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×