You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Silisquish

Suggestion: New Unpurchasable Camo Button/Option: Stop Resupply if Only 1 Left

Suggestion: New Unpurchasable Camo Button/Option: Stop Resupply if Only 1 Left  

12 members have voted

1. 1. When selecting auto-resupply, do you think WG should add a button/checkbox for special unpurchasable camo cancelling the resupply if there's only 1 camo left?

• That makes sense. WG should work on that. I like looking at my rare camos in Port. Schoolbus camo? what will they think of next?!
    • This is a waste of WG's time. I prefer the thrill of not knowing when I'll run out and/or the tedium of manually equipping rare camo every time.

7 comments in this topic

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

This is my first post. I got an idea that's so simple and so easy to implement I figure the WG devs might listen to me.

When selecting auto-resupply, do you think WG should add a button/checkbox for special unpurchasable camo cancelling the resupply if there's only 1 camo left?

They already have a checkbox on purchasable camo allowing you to buy or not buy it with in-game currency it shouldn't be too hard for them to code for this too.

A year ago I got some rare camo from a container, drained it all and it just disappeared; now I can't even look at it in Port. Unless they changed it it's still like that, which means you still have to be carefully when using autoresupply, or have to manually go to Port and put it on after every game.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,740 posts
7,373 battles

I manually do it on every ship for every battle. It takes all of 5 seconds to fully outfit my ship. Just pay attention, this is definitely not something WG needs to be working on, especially with all the actual problems the game has.

[SKDSH]
[SKDSH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,979 posts
9,855 battles

I do not find it tedious to keep track of things instead of having someone or something keeping track for me . There are a lot of other things that need doing and fixing before this .

:Smile_honoring:

[OPG]
Members
3,892 posts
5,479 battles

I support this idea, but for an altogether different reason.  The other day I waisted about 250 doubloons because I had a camo set to auto renew and it started charging me 50 doubloons once I ran out, and it took me a few games before I realized what was going on.  

Edited by yashma

Members
38 posts
2,705 battles

Guys I'm no programmer but I'm pretty sure it wouldn't take long at all to code this; the engine already supports, and already has, the checkbox interface for other camos, consumables, etc. and how much coding will it really take to tell the game that IF count=1 disable auto-supply...

Yashma: That's not how I imagined it but I suppose they could add that option to purchasable camo too... couldn't you just tell it to use silver? Or is that option not available if you have free camos stockpiled up? I don't remember and I'm not in game right now.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
4,950 posts
1,487 battles
15 minutes ago, yashma said:

I support this idea, but for an altogether different reason.  The other day I waisted about 250 doubloons because I had a camo set to auto renew and started charging mew 50 doubloons once I ran out, and it took me a few games before I realized what was going on.  

This is one reason i don't use certain camos like at all.

[VX]
Members
17 posts
7,667 battles

Perhaps some sort of tri-button would save doubloons.

[don't renew]   [renew if available]   [renew]

Wouldn't help the OP keep the camo for viewing though.

It would be nice to have an indicator on screen (pre-battle) that shows the current stock of consumables on the ship.  Perhaps highlighting if the stock for a particular consumable is below a certain threshold.