You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JDS_Mirai

Request: Better/Beefier sounding AA guns.

6 comments in this topic

Members
86 posts
4,134 battles

Hi I was just wondering if anyone has the time and can do better Anti Air gun sounds? To me the vanilla ones (at least the rapid fire machine guns) sounds kind of fake and lacking. I am kind of looking for something more realistic and metallic sounding with more oomph and echo to it as well if you know what I mean. Similar to War Thunder machine guns if you know what I mean.

like in this video.

If someone can help out it would be most appreciated!

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
4,701 posts
2,401 battles

I'd love to have 20mm Oerlikons in the game that sound like this.

and 40mm Bofors that sound like this.

[SPTR]
Members
3,459 posts
5,666 battles

The thing is, in War Thunder you are hearing those guns going off right next to you around the cockpit, while in World of Warships your prospective is hovering some 150 meters above and behind your vessel...

If such "small" guns would have such beefy sound effects...Yamato captains are just as well be deaf.

Edited by The_first_harbinger

Members
86 posts
4,134 battles
11 hours ago, The_first_harbinger said:

The thing is, in War Thunder you are hearing those guns going off right next to you around the cockpit, while in World of Warships your prospective is hovering some 150 meters above and behind your vessel...

If such "small" guns would have such beefy sound effects...Yamato captains are just as well be deaf.

Ha.. I see your point. 

Well maybe it doesn't have to be super loud, I just want it AA's to sound abit better than the pellet guns we currently have :P

11 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

I'd love to have 20mm Oerlikons in the game that sound like this.

and 40mm Bofors that sound like this.

Wow those are exactly the sounds I would like to hear!

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
418 posts
1,822 battles

Point is, the current AAA effects sounds like dried peas rattling around in a tin can... I'm pretty sure some of them are just sampled keyboard-clicks... Anything is better than what we currently got.