You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Ibrah_hero

what is best bb for operation?(may include premium)

15 comments in this topic

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Depends on the operation.

I always do a Youtube search with the name of the operation, and WOWS. Watching a few videos you can see what they're using. Some will even give you a rundown on what to use. Jingles has a few.

Edited by Wulfgarn

[NOOOB]
Members
1,436 posts
12,030 battles

Bayern can be good depending on set up, ok speed, secondaries and decent AA.  Ran the Dunkerque last night, worked got 5 stars, speed and secondaries - tried Arizona but a bit slow for operation where you need to get someplace. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,499 posts
7,352 battles

I've had good luck with Mutsu.

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
86 posts
3,302 battles
1 minute ago, OtterWolf said:

I've had good luck with Mutsu.

notice how i said BB not DD

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,499 posts
7,352 battles

Maybe you should learn your ships..

Mutsu.thumb.jpg.7f8a08a22abaa51f5ba22266604f878e.jpg

• Cool 1

[SF-A]
Members
2,845 posts
5,547 battles

Fuso always. Anything else lacks the DPM to really be an effective teammate. If you want AA, go run a Cleveland instead.

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles

In ''Aegis'', seen these do well (or played);

- Fuso (can keep turning through the massed CV torpedo drops)

[- Cleveland]

[ - DDs; none]

In ''Killer Whale'', seen these do well (or played);

- Bayern, Mutsu, QE

[- Cleveland, Graf Spee]

[ - DDs; none]

In ''Newport'', seen these do well (or played);

- Arizona, Bayern, Fuso, Mutsu

[- Cleveland, Graf Spee, Nurnberg]

[ - DDs; none]

In ''Raptor Rescue'', seen these do well (or played);

- Arizona, Fuso, Iron Duke, QE

[ - Cleveland, Graf Spee, Leander]

[ - DDs; none]

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,389 battles

For Defense of Naval Station Newport, anything you're a good shot with at range (Arizona, Warspite, Fuso & Mutsu), you need to kill stuff fairly fast, if you're careful about maneuvering, mobility isn't that important.

Operation Killer Whale, Fast is good, the Kongo clan, Dunkerque, & Mutsu with a speed flag. Slow battleships are more difficult, and you really need to plan ahead. New York and Texas are terrible ships for it.

Raptor Rescue, if you stick with the fleet and don't wander to the edges of the map, anything that you shoot well with, you need to kill cruisers quickly (Arizona, Warspite, Fuso & Mutsu). As a BB, you shouldn't chase stuff, so Kongo and Dunkerque aren't the better choices.

Operation Aegis, speed helps, but isn't a deal breaker. Slow ships will need to plan ahead. You will need to kill cruisers quickly, (Arizona, Warspite, Fuso & Mutsu) pretty much stay away from New York and Texas, they're too slow.

[SALVO]
[SALVO]
Members
86 posts
3,302 battles
On 9/11/2017 at 5:35 PM, OtterWolf said:

Maybe you should learn your ships..

Mutsu.thumb.jpg.7f8a08a22abaa51f5ba22266604f878e.jpg

your telling me to get a ship that is no where to be found, not on premium shop nor is it in game

Members
216 posts
2,020 battles
On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 5:21 PM, SgtBeltfed said:

For Defense of Naval Station Newport, anything you're a good shot with at range (Arizona, Warspite, Fuso & Mutsu), you need to kill stuff fairly fast, if you're careful about maneuvering, mobility isn't that important.

Operation Killer Whale, Fast is good, the Kongo clan, Dunkerque, & Mutsu with a speed flag. Slow battleships are more difficult, and you really need to plan ahead. New York and Texas are terrible ships for it.

Raptor Rescue, if you stick with the fleet and don't wander to the edges of the map, anything that you shoot well with, you need to kill cruisers quickly (Arizona, Warspite, Fuso & Mutsu). As a BB, you shouldn't chase stuff, so Kongo and Dunkerque aren't the better choices.

Operation Aegis, speed helps, but isn't a deal breaker. Slow ships will need to plan ahead. You will need to kill cruisers quickly, (Arizona, Warspite, Fuso & Mutsu) pretty much stay away from New York and Texas, they're too slow.

Texas is a nice ship for Aegis and Newport because of the amount of planes that are being sent at you. Other than that though she is pretty meh. New York on the other hand... just ugh

[WOLF8]
[WOLF8]
Members
414 posts
12,597 battles
21 minutes ago, Ibrah_hero said:

your telling me to get a ship that is no where to be found, not on premium shop nor is it in game

The OP was to list the best BB for operations, including premiums.  Mutsu is a premium BB (albeit, currently not for sale, but it will come around again.)

That said, SgtBeltfed above gave a good list.  I'd like to add that Dunkerque does well in Defense of Naval Station Newport since ALL of its firepower can be brought to bear without exposing your broadside.  If you stay between the islands (like you should) you won't have to worry about your flanks.

I also like to run a secondary spec'd Bayern for most of the operations, especially Aegis, and Raptor Rescue. 

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
1,311 posts
9,389 battles
1 hour ago, HamptonRoads said:

The OP was to list the best BB for operations, including premiums.  Mutsu is a premium BB (albeit, currently not for sale, but it will come around again.)

That said, SgtBeltfed above gave a good list.  I'd like to add that Dunkerque does well in Defense of Naval Station Newport since ALL of its firepower can be brought to bear without exposing your broadside.  If you stay between the islands (like you should) you won't have to worry about your flanks.

I also like to run a secondary spec'd Bayern for most of the operations, especially Aegis, and Raptor Rescue. 

I personally try and stay away from the Bayern, the speed is good enough, the armor very nice (except when the cruisers spam napalm, but that's everyone's problem), Secondaries and AA are good, but the main gun dispersion can be trollish, and that's not gonna help get rid of the Napalm spamming torpedo cruisers.  But, if it works for ya, more power to ya. 

2 hours ago, Ibrah_hero said:

The Mutsu was in the shop recently, and like all but the insanely OP ones will be back from time to time. (Looks squarely at the Imperator Nikolai I, and contemplates spending the rest of the night clubbing seals and stocking up on salt)