You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
IronMike11B4O

Turning off MM monitor

44 comments in this topic

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles

Turning off Aslains MM monitor. Loaded into a game last night where me and my Div mate have 900 battles combined in our 2 DD's I have a 75% win rate over 600 battles he has a 84% win rate over 300 battles. Yet our team had a combined 44% win rate meaning that's a lot of try hard guys.

[KP]
Members
2,066 posts
20,989 battles
17 minutes ago, MegaPutin said:

Yeah I notice when it gets late all the tryhards come in like its game championship finals. Seems to be about 2 am central when it happens.

Agreed Sunday late at night is prob the largest time for mashed taters.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
4,927 posts
15,766 battles

Congrats to you on your Izyaslav dominance, but what are you really expecting in T4?

• Cool 3

[-SCL-]
Beta Testers
902 posts
7,678 battles

Oh gawd, the team winrate predictor...

I hope to god this doesn't turn into WoT.

[-K-]
Members
663 posts
7,267 battles

Wait, Matchmaking Monitor is coming back around? I thought it was dead long ago, aside from some power level monitoring program.

[-V-]
Members
817 posts
4,070 battles

I admit. I use it. But not to tell me if I should just give up and quit. In fact, I use it to show me who to help, who to follow. Can I count on this player, or do I turn, knowing that this other player is going to run at the 1st sight of his own shadow. I never look at the WR but the exp and the total number of battles they've had in the ship. Sometimes, a Unicum might have just got a new ship but their stats aren't showing, so the monitor doesn't help in that department. But, don't rely on it what ever you do. I've seen Unicums on the other side go down and the monitor said we should have lost but instead, we blew them out of the water.

[-ZF-]
[-ZF-]
Members
661 posts
8,605 battles
1 hour ago, MegaPutin said:

Yeah I notice when it gets late all the tryhards come in like its game championship finals. Seems to be about 2 am central when it happens.

really, the game is really fun at night when the pop is barely 5k

Beta Testers
634 posts
1,698 battles
21 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Seriously, I remember people that would TK anybody under a certain WR. 

Members
1,252 posts
2,399 battles
57 minutes ago, Stampz said:

Just wait till we get that one guy who thinks the predictor is the gospel and makes weekly threads using it to b**** for SBMM and b**** in general.

[A-I-M]
Members
1,661 posts
17,341 battles

Would prefer if you couldn't see the other team in the MM until they are spotted, with or without mods. 

Fog of war, and all that...

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 2

Members
32 posts

I'm new to WoWs, new to this type of game in general, and new in the forums... and I'm not following all the shop talk. I don't know what MM means but I am realizing that MM Monitor is what I want to ask about. But I'm finding only conversations like this one, where everyone already knows the basics and most everyone knows everything about the topic under discussion. My only experience with MM Monitor is that A-holes use my squishy Nurn stats during the game to "prove" they're better human beings than I am and that I have nothing worthwhile to say and that they're perfectly justified in bashing other teammates in public. Sorry, but that's a peeve of mine. I don't care how bad your teammates suck or what the circumstance is; team bashing is not cool. Meanwhile I don't even know how they're seeing my stats when all I know is what's in the Port "summary" - which I find too highly detailed to warrant the name but that's a whole 'nother thing.

How do I access the MM Monitor during a game, and where do I find answers to all the thousands of questions I'll undoubtedly have when I start looking at it, like "what does purple mean?"

• Cool 1

[DHO-2]
Beta Testers
347 posts
1,908 battles

I've used MM Monitor off and on and don't really use it anymore.  It was too discouraging seeing how bad so many players are.  Not uncommon to see a large number of experienced players with win rates under 40%.

• Cool 1

Members
32 posts

so... is there a button or a menu option or something to display the MM Monitor? What does "delated" mean in 10 words or more?

[ANZ4C]
Beta Testers
1,226 posts
On 9/12/2017 at 6:34 AM, IronMike11B4O said:

Turning off Aslains MM monitor. Loaded into a game last night where me and my Div mate have 900 battles combined in our 2 DD's I have a 75% win rate over 600 battles he has a 84% win rate over 300 battles. Yet our team had a combined 44% win rate meaning that's a lot of try hard guys.

80% at t4?

how good do you think the average player is when youre in a seal clubbing div?

• Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
5,478 posts
12,323 battles

I've spent a lot of money on the game and my MMM looks like this:unknown.thumb.png.cdb04136ce1ef422d5d518928728411f.png 

Members
32 posts

Thank you, Ducky - what you're showing me doesn't look like a WG interface, which begs the question... is here a native-to-the-game way for me to look up that information while the game is in progress? No one has answered this question yet...

[OO7]
Members
5,478 posts
12,323 battles
4 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

Thank you, Ducky - what you're showing me doesn't look like a WG interface, which begs the question... is here a native-to-the-game way for me to look up that information while the game is in progress? No one has answered this question yet...

Nope, you either look them up on a stats site yourself, or get them pulled automatically by a stats monitor program like MMM. 

They run off of the data in the replay file and then run the names written there at the beginning of a match against a stats site or api. 

Edited by Ducky_shot

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
315 posts
12,519 battles

Mods lol. Why further frustrate yourself before the game even starts?

[DAKI]
Members
239 posts
8,940 battles
7 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

Matchmaking Monitor is a third party mod, you may download it through various ways such as Aslain Mod Installer, Hakabase Mod Installer, etc. Avg experience is an pretty good overall glance at how much a player will perform in dealing ship health %. WR is a good indicators how much said player will impact the game. And avg damage is just....... avg damage. If you see a person with High Avg Damage with low experience and low WR it basically is a good indicator that he is a damage farm and kite away from enemy from first sight.

Edited by Your_RNG_Score

[OO7]
Members
5,478 posts
12,323 battles
6 minutes ago, Mather44 said:

So to start answering your questions. The colors are preset to different levels, but can be customized by the player using it.

You can get it in the aslains mod pack or install it standalone. 

You just install it in the main folder of the game and then have it open while you are playing and it does its work each time a match starts. 

[OO7]
Members
5,478 posts
12,323 battles
2 minutes ago, FiveStarMojo said:

Mods lol. Why further frustrate yourself before the game even starts?

Easy, because I know which players on my team I can trust to play competently and which ones will throw their ship away. I kniw which enemy ships to be careful of and which ones will likely do stupid things allowing me to kill them. 

I work on the premise of killing stupid players first. If you focus on trying to kill good players, it usually takes longer to kill them. If you take out the idiots sailing around them, then they have no support and you can roll over the good players. So I do t use MMM to pick out good players and focus them, that's just stupid. Pick on the bad players and kill them faster than the enemy can kill your bad players. 

[-RNG-]
[-RNG-]
Members
315 posts
12,519 battles
1 minute ago, Ducky_shot said:

Easy, because I know which players on my team I can trust to play competently and which ones will throw their ship away. I kniw which enemy ships to be careful of and which ones will likely do stupid things allowing me to kill them. 

I work on the premise of killing stupid players first. If you focus on trying to kill good players, it usually takes longer to kill them. If you take out the idiots sailing around them, then they have no support and you can roll over the good players. So I do t use MMM to pick out good players and focus them, that's just stupid. Pick on the bad players and kill them faster than the enemy can kill your bad players. 

Makes sense, I just picture MM flipping a coin and picking the team that's going to win based on whatever one has the more skilled players. Because that's certainly how it feels when it's 900 - 200 10 minutes into the game.

I try not to look up anyone's stats unless they start talking smack. 99% of the time, they are negative W/R and K/D, so I stopped looking them up almost entirely.

[NH]
Members
839 posts
3 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Meanwhile as you U-turn and abandon the team members you dont see fit they will begin to practice this behavior and never get good. Those kind of mods are a poison to the community and only contribute to increasing the toxicity.