Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Furysghost

RN BB HE OMG

46 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
722 posts
5,170 battles

Yep l think its way OP.

 

A guaranteed fire or 2 or 3 every salvo. So if MM blesses the other side with RN BB's and your side gets none and barring exceptional DD play from your team who's gonna win?

 

l noticed a disturbing pattern in battles where quite a few players just ran from them rather than face the flame thrower. BB's going from one side of the map to the other to evade for instance.

Another battle all 3 of our DD's were in the side where the RN BB was absent and stayed there and 2 of them came full across the map.

Other instances where they initially tried to fight but after a salvo or 2 got on their bikes and fled.

 

My experience for 1 example.... l had a decent game going in Graf Spee.... a Lion charged me (LOL) and spammed HE at me... a fire every salvo kept it up till he burned me down from about 10 km.

 

Yeah l gotta say l think WOWS devs over did this one and NERF hammer time should be imminent.

 

Whats your take on this issue?

 

*PS- just checked the stats on RN BB's and they are about normal to a little above avg in damage with 52%ish WR.

HOWEVER the non prem T-6 and up are in PURPLE numbers across the board for damage with a 55%ish WR.

Edited by Furysghost

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,148 posts

I do think the British BBs HE has too great a fire chance.  Their AP sucks and its wonder why anyone would even load it.  Why use the AP when HE gives you just as much damage and a high chance of fire.  I'm at T4, and the Orion % chance is 40%.  Guess they have to make up for the terrible AP performance somehow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles

I'm really concerned how you came across a Lion in your Graf Spee.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,371 battles

I would have thought that your own stats in the 3 UK BB's you have played would prove to you that they are not in any way OP and there are obviously ways  to defeat them easily..

Just sayin'

PS Graf Spee in a Lion match?  interesting.

M

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
9 minutes ago, Furysghost said:

My experience for 1 example.... l had a decent game going in Graf Spee.... a Lion charged me (LOL) and spammed HE at me... a fire every salvo kept it up till he burned me down from about 10 km.

Keep in mind, you have 11" guns, and the Graf Spee is not hard to hit with.  Put some AP in him,. and torp him if you can.  I have Superintendent, and I just repair fire damage most of the time anyway.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
320
[TOG]
Members
2,396 posts
14,655 battles
Just now, Sock5 said:

I'm really concerned how you came across a Lion in your Graf Spee.

The most obvious reason: He divisioned with a T7. And got dragged into a T8T/9 match.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
Just now, Bill_Halsey said:

The most obvious reason: He divisioned with a T7. And got dragged into a T8T/9 match.

That is a good point, of course.  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,285 posts
4,371 battles
Just now, Bill_Halsey said:

The most obvious reason: He divisioned with a T7. And got dragged into a T8T/9 match.

sooooo the real argument is..  my cruiser got hurt by a BB 3 tiers higher, so please nerf the BB?

M

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles
4 minutes ago, Bill_Halsey said:

The most obvious reason: He divisioned with a T7. And got dragged into a T8T/9 match.


Of course it is.  But he's complaining he got pwnd by a BB that's 3 tiers above him!  

"HACKS!  My Omaha got touched by a red North Carolina....it needs to be nerfed."  <<This is OP.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles
3 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

sooooo the real argument is..  my cruiser got hurt by a BB 3 tiers higher, so please nerf the BB?

M

 

Malice, you've got my thinking!  :cap_like:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
722 posts
5,170 battles
4 minutes ago, Sock5 said:

I'm really concerned how you came across a Lion in your Graf Spee.

Scuse me ty for the correction it was a Monarch that done the dirty deed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
534
[KP]
Members
2,014 posts
18,484 battles
2 minutes ago, Sock5 said:


Of course it is.  But he's complaining he got pwnd by a BB that's 3 tiers above him!  

"HACKS!  My Omaha got touched by a red North Carolina....it needs to be nerfed."  <<This is OP.

LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
722 posts
5,170 battles
4 minutes ago, MaliceA4Thought said:

I would have thought that your own stats in the 3 UK BB's you have played would prove to you that they are not in any way OP and there are obviously ways  to defeat them easily..

Just sayin'

M

To be honest l am far from a good player in BB's. In fact l have dabbled a little with the Iron Duke and just got the T-3 and 4 out of curiosity.

l think its above T-5 where the main problem lies due to better accuracy...no?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,601
Members
17,842 posts
5,092 battles

I'll be honest, while the low tiers seem to have an issue, I'm not seeing it at higher tiers.

 

As far as the OP, from 10km, you're not likely to last any longer against a BB using AP, you're just going to take more spike damage instead of DOT.

 

And in (most) cruisers, you want to avoid getting hit in the first place, or at least minimise the amount of shells that do hit.

Edited by Skpstr

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
175
[TF16]
Members
825 posts
4,799 battles
19 minutes ago, Furysghost said:

Yep l think its way OP.

 

A guaranteed fire or 2 or 3 every salvo. So if MM blesses the other side with RN BB's and your side gets none and barring exceptional DD play from your team who's gonna win?

 

l noticed a disturbing pattern in battles where quite a few players just ran from them rather than face the flame thrower. BB's going from one side of the map to the other to evade for instance.

Another battle all 3 of our DD's were in the side where the RN BB was absent and stayed there and 2 of them came full across the map.

Other instances where they initially tried to fight but after a salvo or 2 got on their bikes and fled.

 

My experience for 1 example.... l had a decent game going in Graf Spee.... a Lion charged me (LOL) and spammed HE at me... a fire every salvo kept it up till he burned me down from about 10 km.

 

Yeah l gotta say l think WOWS devs over did this one and NERF hammer time should be imminent.

 

Whats your take on this issue?


Taking a little more serious look at this post, OP.  Thanks for the fun in the previous posts.

I understand that you feel that the RN HE is a bit OP....it really is the best HE delivery machine out there.  But to make up for it, they do come with several weaknesses: their AP and dispersion are one thing.  

The disturbing pattern that you mention is true for DDs against any solid defense.  Why would a DD stick in front of any BB that can AP-overpen it or HE it consistently?  If they were me? I'd run and go someplace else than the port early.

 

I understand the frustration about being spammed HE, but USN cruisers? (Des Moines) and other great fire-starters can keep a fire going just as easily.  The problem with your example is that you were either unable to escape or you were isolated enough that the Monarch was able to charge without any real threat.  ...In which case, it's a top tier BB fighting a 2-tier lower cruiser.  Something fairly standard in open water.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles
24 minutes ago, Furysghost said:

To be honest l am far from a good player in BB's. In fact l have dabbled a little with the Iron Duke and just got the T-3 and 4 out of curiosity.

l think its above T-5 where the main problem lies due to better accuracy...no?

t5 is also very strong if you are any good.      I've been bottom tiered  for all except 2 of 16 matches and i still have really strong stats with iron duke.  they are simply OP.

 

                           

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,650 posts
13,511 battles
18 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

I do think the British BBs HE has too great a fire chance.  Their AP sucks and its wonder why anyone would even load it.  Why use the AP when HE gives you just as much damage and a high chance of fire.  I'm at T4, and the Orion % chance is 40%.  Guess they have to make up for the terrible AP performance somehow.

Agreed! KGV doesn't start fires as much as other Brit BBs but her HE is much more dependable than the almost useless AP. Now Lion's HE starts fires very well and with DE on my Captain, giving her a 50% fire chance, it's even better. The Brit BB AP is pretty useless against Cruisers too. So why ever load AP when driving a Brit BB?

If folks have a dislike for the fires started by Brit BBs, y'all can thank WG devs for that. With the high fire chance and crappy AP what did you expect was going to happen?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Fact is, a lot of the BBs would have already Dev Striked you and you'd be sinking ,not still steaming, but on fire...

 

Think of it that way.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
4,148 posts
46 minutes ago, Furysghost said:

To be honest l am far from a good player in BB's. In fact l have dabbled a little with the Iron Duke and just got the T-3 and 4 out of curiosity.

l think its above T-5 where the main problem lies due to better accuracy...no?

I'm a BB main, and only started the BB line.  The problem I have, is while I can do quite a bit of damage in British BBs, they seem to lack that alpha strike I so love.  That one shot which deletes a CA, or DD, or heavily damages that BB, and if lucky sinks that one as well. 

With fire, you're looking at getting damage over a longer period of time, but doesn't immediately effect the battle like that alpha strike.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
722 posts
5,170 battles

l wonder if the RN BB HE is a real problem for the DD and CL/CA crowd a few AP over pens vs a few HE wallops with fires almost a certainty or a DD deleted with a single salvo....

 

Its been a enjoyable thread and enlightening ty for your posts.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
494 posts
1,278 battles
2 minutes ago, Furysghost said:

l wonder if the RN BB HE is a real problem for the DD and CL/CA crowd a few AP over pens vs a few HE wallops with fires almost a certainty or a DD deleted with a single salvo....

 

Its been a enjoyable thread and enlightening ty for your posts.

 

 

I know a bunch of Cruiser captains have said they like it because HE is considerably less dangerous than AP. For DDs it's the opposite, but they shouldn't be that close anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
618
[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles
12 minutes ago, Furysghost said:

l wonder if the RN BB HE is a real problem for the DD and CL/CA crowd a few AP over pens vs a few HE wallops with fires almost a certainty or a DD deleted with a single salvo....

 

Its been a enjoyable thread and enlightening ty for your posts.

Well, if I'm in Graf Spee, and run into a cruiser showing too much broadside, he'll get whatever I have in the guns, but I'll be loading AP for the next one.  But yeah, for the most part, I'm happy to get hit with HE from a BB, rather than citadeled with AP.  Does it hurt?  Yes, but, you're still alive and can still fire your guns!

 

Edited by mavfin87

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×