You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
05Chopp

Team Kill Status for NOT KILLING A TEAM MATE!!

58 comments in this topic

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles

Today I was firing salvo after salvo on an enemy Amagi (sitting still) when a teammate in a NC drives in between me and my target - he got a warning in chat for running into me, he did get hit by my friendly-fire catching him on fire and of course he let it burn....it did not kill him but caused 11K damage... -  I did not kill a team mate - but have team kill status for 8 games - this is just wrong

not tk 1.jpg

not tk.jpg

Edited by chopshop64

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
3 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Working as intended....do a certain percent of damage, get TK status.

This, the NC's fault for driving between you and the enemy and your fault for firing when he was there. Although I will say that you are doing this a little too often since you got an eight match time out.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts

Yeah, you have to be careful not to tunnel vision.  

I've often wondered...  When you run into someone, it always says in your chat that the other player received a warning for friendly damage.  What does the team see?

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor
6,240 posts
3,082 battles
6 minutes ago, chopshop64 said:

Today I was firing salvo after salvo on an enemy Amagi (sitting still) when a teammate in a NC drives in between me and my target - he got a warning in chat for running into me, he did get hit by my friendly-fire catching him on fire and of course he let it burn....it did not kill him but caused 11K damage... -  I did not kill a team mate - but have team kill status for 8 games - this is just wrong

Have you caused damage to teammates before? The penalty system takes that stuff into account, and leverages the pink on people harder, if they have multiple or recent instances of team damage. 

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
10 minutes ago, chopshop64 said:

not tk.jpg

Funny how he fails to mention that he actually did 22 000+ team damage....with 10 800 of that being to himself when he went pink.

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles
Just now, RivertheRoyal said:

Have you caused damage to teammates before? The penalty system takes that stuff into account, and leverages the pink on people harder, if they have multiple or recent instances of team damage. 

no recent previous damage damage to friendlies - pink about 6 months ago

[SYN]
Members
14,375 posts
10,239 battles
4 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, the NC's fault for driving between you and the enemy and your fault for firing when he was there. Although I will say that you are doing this a little too often since you got an eight match time out.

nuh uh.

WG seems to have tweaked the number of games required to remove TK status, because I got 9 for starting a fire on a friendly.

and I haven't caused or TK'd anyone in well over a month before that. (aside from ramming)

Edited by MrDeaf

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Funny how he fails to mention that he actually did 22 000+ team damage....with 10 800 of that being to himself when he went pink.

I clearly stated damage I did to team mate - if your just going to be a TROLL go to another thread - 

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles

Where's the chat?   This is an incomplete story.   Biggest question is why the NC let himself burn.    Usually, if I smack someone with a round, or run into them, I'm on the chat, apologizing for my goof.   Every time, I get a response of "NP", "No worries", etc.      Curious to what transpired over chat to make NC burn himself to turn you pink.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
1 minute ago, MrDeaf said:

nuh uh.

WG seems to have tweaked the number of games required to remove TK status, because I got 9 for starting a fire on a friendly.

and I haven't caused or TK'd anyone in well over a month before that.

Five is still the first level of punishment, the OP must have been pink recently to get eight games.

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
1 minute ago, chopshop64 said:

no recent previous damage damage to friendlies - pink about 6 months ago

O.K let's do the math then....North Carolina Class BB has between 53 700 and 66 000 Hp.

You did 22 382 total team damage to that North Carolina ergo you did between 33.91% and 41.68%. So therefore you received a pink tag for perfectly legitimate reasons.

Beta Testers
2,029 posts
2 minutes ago, DiddleDum said:

Where's the chat?   This is an incomplete story.   Biggest question is why the NC let himself burn.    Usually, if I smack someone with a round, or run into them, I'm on the chat, apologizing for my goof.   Every time, I get a response of "NP", "No worries", etc.      Curious to what transpired over chat to make NC burn himself to turn you pink.

Perhaps his DCP was on cooldown.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,784 posts
13,602 battles

I once did 12k in HE and fire damage to a friendly Iowa who I sailed past while running away from most of the enemy team in my Udaloi. I didn't notice how close the Iowa was and set some fires on him as I passed him. I forgot the gun handling rule of knowing whats between you and your target. I didn't sink the Iowa, in fact he was sunk near the end of the game by the enemy. But I was still labeled a TK'er and given a 9 game Pink slip warning. I didn't matter I did nearly 150k damage to the enemy with my small boat or that I didn't sink a friendly, I did enough damage to warrant the Pink Name. 

Sadly I spent my last 9 games playing Co-op with low tier boats to clear my name. Those 9 games would be the last I would play in WoWs as my laptop would be dead by morning. I'm not saying the TK statues caused my hard drive to nuke its self but I'm not saying it didn't. 

I've been handed a 6 week gaming ban by hard ware failure. The struggle is real yo. 

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, DiddleDum said:

yeah i apologize always - In chat warnings kept coming up and I couldn't figure out what was going on? it kept repeating damage to allies? Im not a team killer and am pretty careful not to be -

Alpha Tester
3,666 posts
7,161 battles
4 minutes ago, chopshop64 said:

I clearly stated damage I did to team mate - if your just going to be a TROLL go to another thread - 

Pink bar states 22 387 total team damage. That is what you actually did the missing 10 000 was reflected back to you when you went pink.

59b6c6bf97285_nottk.thumb.jpg.a59ecc8d85

[WOLF2]
Members
864 posts
7,002 battles
Just now, AspiringCodger said:

Perhaps his DCP was on cooldown.

True, true...   I commented based on his story - didn't take into account that DCP might have been recently used.    

[TASH]
Members
4,993 posts
7,912 battles
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Five is still the first level of punishment, the OP must have been pink recently to get eight games.

No, it's not.  First time I ever went pink was when I fired back an allied Atago who attempted to torp over half of our team and hit 4 torps.  Nuked him with at least 6 155mm citadels in the Mogami, and someone else finished him off because I died from reflected penalties.  I ended up pink for about 25 matches.

Also consider that 12k damage is about 18% of an NC's health.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles
1 minute ago, Fog_Repair_Ship_Akashi said:

Pink bar states 22 387 total team damage. That is what you actually did the missing 10 000 was reflected back to you when you went pink.

59b6c6bf97285_nottk.thumb.jpg.a59ecc8d85

got it - thanks

[SYN]
Members
245 posts
9,621 battles
7 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

no pinks Sir - Im one of the good guys - I believe there has been changes to amount of games penalty - As MrDeaf stated

Edited by chopshop64

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,298 battles
21 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I have a problem with this.

I've seen youtube vids of people who constantly jump in and out of sniper view.  And I have to tell you that that is annoying as hell.  There's no way in hell that I would ever constantly jump in and out of sniper view like that.  It's extremely disconcerting and annoying.  This isn't to say that I don't jump out occasionally, but not after every freaking volley!!!

What the devs should do here is to implement a tweak that prevents your guns from firing if an enemy ship is within 1-2 km and is blocking your line of fire.  And perhaps if this "automatic" system does prevent you from firing, it should put a message in the middle of the screen that says something like "Line of fire blocked by friendly ship!  Gunner officer did not fire the guns."  Something like that.

EDIT:  Oh, and also, IMO, damage due to flooding and fire from friendly fire should be removed. Leave in the direct damage due to explosives, but not the D.o.T. damage.

Edited by Crucis
  • Cool 1

Members
660 posts
4,258 battles

There's no way for the game to tell whether you set the fire by accident or on purpose. craphappens. Being pink isn't a big deal. I'd be shocked if there was any long-time player in this game who hasn't been pink at least once. 

• Cool 1