You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Reymu

How was your weekend spree?

24 comments in this topic

[NG-NL]
Members
4,955 posts
8,103 battles

Had a nasty bug, so spent weekend alternating between several offline games, Star Trek: Voyager, and trying to sleep -_- pity Haku didn't get maiden voyage, but oh well, can do it tonight.

Beta Testers
1,157 posts
7,851 battles

Saturday was rough.  Some of the worst teams I have ever been on, doing some of the stupidest things I have ever seen players do.  Many times I deleted salty comments before I pressed "ENTER", because I don't want to be that guy.  A few times I did write something along the lines of "All 3 of our DD's need to go to A?  Really???" but it didn't help at all.

Sunday was a bit better and I actually had an 11 win streak going before I was brought back down to earth.

Picked up the Z-46, which reminds me a lot of the Fletcher.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,795 battles

Overall, fairly decent. I did better playing solo as opposed to playing in a 2 or 3 player div. I think my WR Friday night was 20% with a 2 player div. Ouch!

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,512 battles

Tried completing the CV missions in Coop, but I can only stand so much CV play. It is soooooo boring!

So after a few games of that, I went back to trying to complete the 3rd stage of the Yamamoto campaign.

Members
473 posts
1,992 battles

Only played Friday did pretty good. Between feeling exhausted and finally playing borderlands 2 after buying 2 years ago I didn't play the rest of the weekend.

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

I had like a 20% win rate over the weekend despite having decent numbers elsewhere. I lost 6 in a row in my Algerie. A teammate ambitiously intercepted a couple torpedoes that would've hit the enemy as well.

[TDD]
Members
881 posts
7,891 battles

For a change I had a good weekend way more wins than losses decided I hate the RNBBs, but am falling in love with the IJN cruisers... actually blew through the Furutaka in one day and had so much fun with it didn't even realize that i had.

[PT8TO]
Members
1,402 posts
12,810 battles

Not the best weekend it was a lot of top place finishes on the loosing side.

I felt at one point even the players who just play for fun apparently have the most fun trying to loose games

I salvaged what i could and carried my [edited]off late yesterday evening and finished 60% for the weekend.

dark.png

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
6,062 posts
9,185 battles

It was ruff for me this weekend. Good performance losses and bad performance wins..... could not get it rolling.  Did not play that much so small sample size magnification makes it look worse. Stock Monarch blues lol.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,140 posts
8,303 battles

Head-bangingly awful in terms of winning anything, though I had a couple of decent personal matches scattered in there.  Benson remains a challenge.  I can't quite figure out what I'm doing wrong; I was fine in Mahan, if not a miracle worker.  And no, it isn't radar.

Got my school bus camo after taking out Langley in coop for the 20 planes, and am probably one match away from finishing the first Yamamoto leg and getting two SCs.

[NOOOB]
Members
1,437 posts
12,043 battles

Like everyone else, consistently winning was a problem this weekend ( did get through Yami three mission and raptor operation).  Still enjoying the Shiratsuyu grind, fun little torp boat, but did over extend a couple of times and got deleted quickly.  Grinding my last cruiser line with the American and I have to say the Omaha is the worst (replacing the Emerald) grind I have experienced.  Knew it would be bad ( have Marblehead and Murmansk through Santa containers), but also with the heavy BB play, it was especially bad this weekend.  Tiered up a lot and focused fired on every time it is seem.  Amazed me how many people come off of another target to shoot at the Omaha - would have tanked some good damage if the thing did not get punished every time it was hit.  Trying to save free exp, but sorely tempted to shorten this grind - still 20k to go... sigh..

Edited by Panzer1113

[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
3,035 posts
12,515 battles

Wrecked my stats trying to find a 5-torp-and-survive opportunity for the Yamamoto mission. Then re-padded them through CV play because 5 free camos, even though most of them were losses. At one point, even the other team quipped that it was unfortunate I couldn't carry that many potatoes -- our Maass needed a full lap around the enemy CV at 2km before managing to hit it enough times to sink it.

In the end, "upgraded" from QE to KGV and suffered through stock Roon in a high tier environment full of invisible HE spamming BBs.

Oh, and had a pretty good Henri game, 5 kills on consecutive volleys (two double strikes).

Edited by Edgecase

[HELLS]
Members
1,685 posts
15,193 battles

Played exactly 6 games in Random. two in Konig Albert (wins) just for fun. Won 4 of 6, one in KGV and one in Benson. I am getting into the habit of avoiding weekend play in Random except for ships I am grinding to get the bonus points because of the wide variability in teams when playing solo. I dove into Co-op to learn how to play Bogue a bit, and get re-familiarized with CVs. Co-op is what it is, and shooting down airplanes is fun and easy. Bombing and torping for damage is a lot less evident so I have to learn how all over again.The school bus cammo I won on the first go-around of that mission a few weeks ago so I did not press harder, not being much of a CV player. Ground my Benson in Co-op for about 20,000 XP working towards Fletcher after I played the single game in her in Random. The sun came out so I went outside, mowed the lawn, and played with the dog.

[AR15]
Members
419 posts
7,893 battles

I played a mess of T5 CV and my WR tanked accordingly. Almost every game was double CV. Six or seven Clear Skys and only 1 was a win. Still grinding up the last of the T8 cruisers. I ran out of the +100% camo so it's slow going. Took Emile Bertin out for some fun and clubbed a few T7s.

Saw a fine example of MM's sense of humor...Double T7 CVs, T5 BBs, T5-6 CLs, and all T5 DDs. There wasn't a Cleveland in sight so AA was no concern for the CVs.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles

Took my brand new, stock Cleveland out in Random for the 1st time --- I got spanked.

AND that was the good part of my weekend spree! 

[D12]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,064 posts
8,834 battles

See below.  Sunday night ended fairly early.  I have the week off from work and Anniversary so might be a break time from the game.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,148 posts
8,762 battles
1 hour ago, Spooooooooooooooooooooon said:

Saturday was rough.  Some of the worst teams I have ever been on, doing some of the stupidest things I have ever seen players do.  Many times I deleted salty comments before I pressed "ENTER", because I don't want to be that guy.  A few times I did write something along the lines of "All 3 of our DD's need to go to A?  Really???" but it didn't help at all.

Sunday was a bit better and I actually had an 11 win streak going before I was brought back down to earth.

Picked up the Z-46, which reminds me a lot of the Fletcher.

This, Friday and Sunday were real good for me but Saturday was meh.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,328 posts
9,390 battles

Finished the CV missions (including the 3/day flag challenges) for both accounts.

There were a LOT of missions (est. 33%) in Co-Op where I was the only human.

Also took a fine young lady on a date and we went shopping for arts/craft materials to keep her busy.

[WHS]
[WHS]
Members
245 posts
8,184 battles

At some point had a 30% WR day, most of the losses I occupied the top 4 spots in XP of the team...
On a bright note, I am done with the queen elizabad and am now enjoying bringing T6 guns into T9 matches with the KGV, alleviated by the strong HE shells (and boy are they strong) - don't mind me, I'm just a big fat slow cruiser :Smile_hiding:

[RESP]
Beta Testers
882 posts
7,094 battles

Got CV missions done in co-op.  Helped a new player learn the game.  Had some decent games over the weekend.

[OO7]
Members
87 posts
11,215 battles

Too busy, only played 7 game all weekend. Saturday 2 lose and quit go play PTS. Sunday 4 win 1 lose all at top XP spot.

And one Izyaslav with 158K damage reaching all time high 5000 WTR.

Untitled-1.jpg

[SIM]
Members
2,430 posts
4,060 battles

Well, I lost four points of Karma, so that was great. Otherwise it was a very stressful weekend IRL thanks to a family medical emergency. I picked up the Hood and Enterprise because I respond to stress by spending money, apparently. So far I hate the Hood, and went pink for the first time ever when I got a bit too liberal with my Enterprise torp bombers in co-op and nailed a friendly bot. Conversely, I played my first ever CV games ever in Random with my Saipan. The first two games went alright, with 30-35 planes downed and a destroyer kill in both games. In the third game I ran into another Saipan player who did a great job managing his air group, and handed me my aft.