You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
JediMasterDraco

Low-Key Anniversary

37 comments in this topic

[NGA-B]
Members
1,206 posts
7,635 battles

I'm sure a fair amount of us remember last year's party celebrating the game's release. At least those of us who didn't convince me that they were sailing while intoxicated. But if you'll recall, there was a huge event with special awards and the like with the great bonus of Dragon flags for every tier X and 1000 games. However, considering that we've yet to hear any announcements despite the anniversary being on Sunday, I'm guessing that things won't raise the roof quite as much. Which is kind of a pity since I really enjoyed figuring out the secret achievements. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like this party is going to be a lot quieter this time around.

[HINON]
Members
8,834 posts

Well it is on the calendar and I'm sure they havent revealed all the surprises. No need to be all doom and gloom for something that hasnt happened yet.

World of Warships Anniversary & Destroyer Weekend

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

I want anything free that will transform me from potato to Zesty Kartoffeln Salat! Es schmekt ja sehr gut!

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
2 hours ago, JediMasterDraco said:

I'm sure a fair amount of us remember last year's party celebrating the game's release. At least those of us who didn't convince me that they were sailing while intoxicated. But if you'll recall, there was a huge event with special awards and the like with the great bonus of Dragon flags for every tier X and 1000 games. However, considering that we've yet to hear any announcements despite the anniversary being on Sunday, I'm guessing that things won't raise the roof quite as much. Which is kind of a pity since I really enjoyed figuring out the secret achievements. I hope I'm wrong, but it looks like this party is going to be a lot quieter this time around.

Feeling the same.

Anniversary Celebration!

Win a battle

Once per Account

Reward

1 Day of Premium d62c7f86-215b-11e7-afdc-d89d6715223c.png
25x World of Warships Anniversary Camouflage.

Guess that's it. :cap_wander:

Edited by Pata1985

Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

I wouldn't expect too much. Their trend this past year has been to limit rewards. Even weekend missions are now win capped, adding to the trend of weekday win capped missions that has been in place since spring. I think they are slowly trying to ween the playerbase off of in-game rewards and more towards the premium store.

Members
9,863 posts

WG seems afraid to give stuff away anymore....Are they really expecting to make enough money off Camo to be worth the negative blow back of poor event rewards? Project-R was a great event, and gave away 13k Kami-R's and lots of nice stuff. Project-X? They won't even post the exact numbers, but I'll bet it was less than 500 Kami-R's given out, and a whole lot less other goodies.

Signals and consumables used to be handed out by the ton, with no limit in holiday special events. Now they hand them out with an eyedropper and by a limited amount per day etc. I guess they could see consumables as a possible income stream, since they can be bought with dubloons (And are by default) but what about signals?

And is this cut down on the free stuff really helping the game? Numbers don't seem to reflect that, in fact we are barely treading water, with new players coming in due to all the advertising...what does that say about retention issues?

• Cool 1

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

To be fair, the free tanks were ok at the outset of Wot (tetrarch, Bt-7 (A), British Light Mk. V 1C, US T1 E 6) but many freebies since then are garbage.  Same with WoWP.  Give away GOOD stuff.  Not crap.  Good stuff will keep people in game and make new sign ons wait for next round/ anniv. of give aways.  Give away nothing or useless crap nnd people will leave in dribs and drabs

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles

I'd like to see them reward players who have been playing regularly since the game release with nicer gifts. Perhaps a tier system based on how long you have played with minimum games played. Everyone gets something but the regulars get recognized. (cough, free Alabama, cough cough.......)

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

Got that right Stink (Banana Split?).  WoT has done that for WG anniversary in past.

• Cool 1

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles
1 minute ago, STINKWEED_ said:

I'd like to see them reward players who have been playing regularly since the game release with nicer gifts. Perhaps a tier system based on how long you have played with minimum games played. Everyone gets something but the regulars get recognized. (cough, free Alabama, cough cough.......)

I could get behind something like that. They did that last year with dragon flags based on games played and number of T10 ships.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
3 minutes ago, Bronco said:

I could get behind something like that. They did that last year with dragon flags based on games played and number of T10 ships.

Appreciation rewards are nice, based upon battles or ships at port, or amount of permanent camos you have,  etc   but yeah WG-NA have cheapened out a lot recently, I am not expecting something spectacular. 

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,800 battles
4 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

Appreciation rewards are nice, based upon battles or ships at port, or amount of permanent camos you have,  etc   but yeah WG-NA have cheapened out a lot recently, I am not expecting something spectacular. 

Living in hope with fingers crossed, lol

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,993 battles
3 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

I really could go for more dragon flags!

I'd be ok with Ourobouros flags too....

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
1 hour ago, STINKWEED_ said:

Dream on.  I paid good money for my Alabama.  They're not going to give it away to freeloaders.

You'll get the opportunity to own the SoDak at some point though, so just bide your time.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
6 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Dream on.  I paid good money for my Alabama.  They're not going to give it away to freeloaders.

You'll get the opportunity to own the SoDak at some point though, so just bide your time.

If Bernie Sanders were elected you would have had to share your Alabama with us freeloader :-p

• Cool 2

[LOS]
Members
556 posts
7,576 battles

I got to meet the Original Banana Splits in 1969 at Kings Island!  Met Mrs. Johnny Bench and Pete Rose as well.

• Cool 1

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
21 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Well, Alabama is now in the Supercontainer ship roster :)   ( one can just keep on dreaming to get it that way)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,795 posts
14 minutes ago, STINKWEED_ said:

If Bernie Sanders were elected you would have had to share your Alabama with us freeloader :-p

LOL good thing that will never happen!

I would rent her out though.  We need an "Air BB" rental service for battleships you're not playing at the moment.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
4 hours ago, Sinton said:

Got that right Stink (Banana Split?).  WoT has done that for WG anniversary in past.

Banana Splits.I remember once upon a time getting a Banana Splits theme song record (45) inside a box of Sugar Crisps.

Members
1,547 posts
9,804 battles
2 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

LOL good thing that will never happen!

I would rent her out though.  We need an "Air BB" rental service for battleships you're not playing at the moment.

Five or ten gold per use.... good idea but it won't happen because WG doesn't benefit