You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Kormoran4472

Kongo research cost?

27 comments in this topic

Members
60 posts
1,832 battles

shot-17_09.10_21_23.10-0136.thumb.jpg.9acb36e8a9d1ed6a2253495ef52ec405.jpgSooo. Does the Kongo cost 20K or 26+K in research points? I just ground the Myogi (blech!) aiming for the 20K listed in BOTH the tech tree and the Module screen. I, happy I'll never have to drive the Myogi (blech!) again, go to cash in my shiny new Kongo and the game says now it's 26+K?!? What's this [edited]? I'm done with the Myogi, right. I don't have to take It (not her, It, like the Movie/books) again, do I? This is cruel and inhumane!

shot-17.09.10_21.22.52-0397.jpg

[SYN]
Members
326 posts
5,988 battles

See the arrows?  You need the B and C hulls researched.  That's the difference in required XP that you're seeing.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles

Well the research price when you're viewing the Kongo is listed as 26,200 since it means you need a total of 26.2k exp to go from the stock Myogi to the Kongo.

The two upgrade modules for the Myogi adds up to 6200 exp and so if you add the 20k exp you need after researching that last hull to finally get the Kongo, it totals up to the 26,200 exp

In other words, grinding up to 20k exp earned in the Myogi means that you still need 6,200 exp more since you still need to research those modules before getting to the Kongo.

The module panel breaks down what those exp are needed in order to get the next ship. The tech tree just sums up all the exp required for that ship.

Members
60 posts
1,832 battles

OK, makes sense but I've done those!? This looks like my screw up. Thanks, grinding multiple tier four BBs simultaneously. Figured Kongo for the best on the tech tree so I decided to push it through. Maybe I'll just go play the ItchyScrathy a bit and pay the toll. I'm true sick of Myogi. Almost forgot, blech!

[SYN]
Members
326 posts
5,988 battles

To be fair, you haven't tried the Myogi with the improved hulls.  As you play the game more, you'll see what a difference those can make.  For BBs they generally feature faster rudder shift times, more HP, and better AA.  They can really change the experience.

Don't rush up the lines.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,012 posts
9,555 battles

no wonder you hated the ship, you didn't upgrade her!:fish_palm: Also, before you sell her, make sure you grind out the EXP for the CV as well, its better to get it over with now than later, because your captain will be gaining EXP while your grinding!:fish_book:

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles

Even upgraded the Myogi is just flat awful. But it is even worse stock. I agree with others not to get in the habit of rushing up the tree. Play each ship and upgrade them before moving on. It helps teach you valuable tactics and aspects of the game that many times are specific to the line or at least ship type you are in. However, if you play a ship, upgrade it, and just can't bear to finish the grind then IMO it is okay to use some free xp to finish that awful ship off. I actually did that with Myogi myself it was so bad.

I only played EIGHT games and moved on( I actually quit playing it and dropped IJN BB for a long time then went back and free xp'd to Kongo - just couldn't play Myogi again ). It truly is an arm pit of a ship and it is, IMO, to the point in the game I have reached( into T8's )hands down the worst ship in game. I don't feel Myogi teaches you any useful skills that help you further up the IJN BB line or anywhere else. Maybe how to accept missing all your shells salvo after salvo? LOL

Awful ship.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
5 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

no wonder you hated the ship, you didn't upgrade her!:fish_palm: Also, before you sell her, make sure you grind out the EXP for the CV as well, its better to get it over with now than later, because your captain will be gaining EXP while your grinding!:fish_book:

Unless you don't want to play CV's of course. You can always use free xp to get that 1st IJN CV too vs playing more of Myogi. It is only 8400 XP to research the T4 IJN CV Hosho.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
4,112 posts
8,676 battles
4 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Even upgraded the Myogi is just flat awful.

Myogi: I never had that much of an issue with it. In fact I plan getting it again when I start back on the line.

Random Overall Results

Battles 36
Victories 19 (53%)
Battles survived 19
Damage caused 722,145
Warships destroyed 29
Aircraft destroyed 65

Average Score per Battle

Experience 595.67
Damage caused 20,059.58
Warships destroyed 0.81
Aircraft destroyed 1.81
Main battery hit ratio 17%

Highest Score

Experience 1,644
Damage caused 61,538
Warships destroyed 4
Aircraft destroyed

Members
97 posts
2,873 battles
56 minutes ago, AdmiralThunder said:

Even upgraded the Myogi is just flat awful. But it is even worse stock. I agree with others not to get in the habit of rushing up the tree. Play each ship and upgrade them before moving on. It helps teach you valuable tactics and aspects of the game that many times are specific to the line or at least ship type you are in. However, if you play a ship, upgrade it, and just can't bear to finish the grind then IMO it is okay to use some free xp to finish that awful ship off. I actually did that with Myogi myself it was so bad.

I only played EIGHT games and moved on( I actually quit playing it and dropped IJN BB for a long time then went back and free xp'd to Kongo - just couldn't play Myogi again ). It truly is an arm pit of a ship and it is, IMO, to the point in the game I have reached( into T8's )hands down the worst ship in game. I don't feel Myogi teaches you any useful skills that help you further up the IJN BB line or anywhere else. Maybe how to accept missing all your shells salvo after salvo? LOL

Awful ship.

You think Myogi is bad? Just wait until you get the Izumo. Its a test of whether you're worthy of Yamato. I had to grind that [edited] without a premium account. Couldnt free xp past it.

[DAKI]
Members
184 posts
7,143 battles
2 hours ago, CrapDuster said:

You think Myogi is bad? Just wait until you get the Izumo. Its a test of whether you're worthy of Yamato. I had to grind that [edited] without a premium account. Couldnt free xp past it.

At least Izumo's guns will hit if you aim right, can't say the same for Myogi.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
5 hours ago, CrapDuster said:

LOL.

Well I DO have a Premium account and I can convert enough free xp if needed. I have no plans on playing Izumo if I decide to try for Yamato. No use for all guns forward ships. Not Izumo, not Dunkerque, and not Nelson. No thanks to all.

Only at Nagato and about 1/2 way to Amagi so no hurry. Plus I am a Co-op main anyway and T8 is kind of where you stop due to the economics of Co-op.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles
1 hour ago, AdmiralThunder said:

LOL.

Well I DO have a Premium account and I can convert enough free xp if needed. I have no plans on playing Izumo if I decide to try for Yamato. No use for all guns forward ships. Not Izumo, not Dunkerque, and not Nelson. No thanks to all.

Only at Nagato and about 1/2 way to Amagi so no hurry. Plus I am a Co-op main anyway and T8 is kind of where you stop due to the economics of Co-op.

If you get premium account, flags, and camo. Even tier 10s are very profitable in Co op

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles

It's strange that the economics of co op increases in high tiers, notably tier 9 and 10 due to the permanent camo being a massive aid in reducing the service cost and increasing credits earned

Even the exp earned in those is not bad, it's just that you really need to have all three aspects to see the profits

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles

Well, I already use Premium account, permanent camo, and all the flags for my T7 and T8 in Co-op so T9-T10 will be no different. Good to know I can actually play those there. Was preparing to just stop at my T8's.

EDIT - out of curiosity I went and looked up the permanent camo for the T9 and T10's. I can see how they help with resources for sure. Can't imagine why anyone wouldn't use them with the service fee so high; especially T10...

Type 19 (T9):

• -3% to detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -20% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.

Type 20 (T10):

• -3% to detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.
Edited by AdmiralThunder

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles

Yeah the tier 10 with permanent camo simply makes your ship into a premium. The earning potential is just flat out better than the lower tiers

Members
97 posts
2,873 battles
On 9/11/2017 at 11:23 AM, TheYuriKaiser said:

At least Izumo's guns will hit if you aim right, can't say the same for Myogi.

Not in my experience. Shells disperse away from the enemy ship at 7km. When they do hit, guess what? Overpens for days!

Members
97 posts
2,873 battles
On 9/11/2017 at 1:45 PM, AdmiralThunder said:

LOL.

Nagato is pretty good, Amagi is excellent. You'll have fun for a while. Lucky folks like you get to free xp past the absolutely rubbish ships. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
6 hours ago, CrapDuster said:

Nagato is pretty good, Amagi is excellent. You'll have fun for a while. Lucky folks like you get to free xp past the absolutely rubbish ships. 

I actually try not to do that. I even did the whole Emerald grind. Only ship I did it with is Myogi because it was just too painful to play. If Izumo wasn't an all guns forward ship I would play it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles

For co op, Izumo is a fine ship to use and the gun layout doesn't really pose any significant issues in the majority of the time

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,144 posts
1,648 battles

Myogi actually made me quit the game for almost a year.  I just burned out trying to grind to Kongo and made the mistake of spending EXP on Hosho in case I ever wanted to do Carriers.  My stats in Myogi aren't bad, 54.29% win rate, 30,633 average damage, 1.3 K/D, 49% survival, 24% MBH, but it just wasn't any fun at all.

Kongo is vastly better.  Going from Myogi to Kongo is probably the single biggest jump in fun in the game.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
5,374 posts
10,157 battles
17 hours ago, Helstrem said:

Myogi actually made me quit the game for almost a year.  I just burned out trying to grind to Kongo and made the mistake of spending EXP on Hosho in case I ever wanted to do Carriers.  My stats in Myogi aren't bad, 54.29% win rate, 30,633 average damage, 1.3 K/D, 49% survival, 24% MBH, but it just wasn't any fun at all.

Kongo is vastly better.  Going from Myogi to Kongo is probably the single biggest jump in fun in the game.

I don't know. Maybe in BB. For CL I would rank Emerald to Leander right there with it.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Beta Testers
1,559 posts
3,734 battles
4 hours ago, AdmiralThunder said:

I don't know. Maybe in BB. For CL I would rank Emerald to Leander right there with it.

lol I managed to skip the Emerald grind by doing the Tirpitz camo campaign and got the Leander right away.