You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
nToxik

Addon/Mod to show player WTR/rating in MM?

13 comments in this topic

[NASTY]
Members
129 posts
12,509 battles

Played a T10 game and someone had an API mod that showed every ones WTR/Win Rate/rating in game without having to look each person up on Warships.Today or elsewhere. He said it was custom made. Does anything exist like this as a public addon?

[NASTY]
Members
129 posts
12,509 battles

Well even before the match started, he singled out 3 players and told them they had to up their game and basically double their performance to contribute to the game. Said it was an API mod (I assume via browser) that he had.

[BBC]
Members
355 posts
3,003 battles
50 minutes ago, _Rumple_ said:

Xvm in any form is just toxic; see world of tanks as to why.

1 hour ago, Lonewolfpj said:

I hope not it's killing Tanks 

WOT is completely different. It wasn't XVM at all, the player base was toxic way before XVM. 

Plenty of games have stats live in them and they are not ruined by it.

Also, WOWS average age is 42 from what I heard. WOT is mainly comprised of the 40-year-olds but chalked full of MLG wannabees and 17-20-year-old pro players who have the 5 hours a day that needed to play tanks at that level.

This argument is completely false. I was with tanks from Beta and the flaming was so bad towards the Devs they stopped talking to the player base and started to appoint professional "Mouth Pieces"/PR guys. And every time they made a simple mistake like announcing a date wrong, they would be called liars and con men etc. 

Sorry, but some games just draw [edited] and young kids, and WOT tends to be the perfect mix of being able to log in and not pay for the young crap talkers, while still being a quality game. 

Also, its primarily Russain unlike WOWS that is more balanced. And the Ruski gaming community makes us US guys look like peace loving cream puffs.

TL;DR

XVM had nothing to do with WOT being so hostile and salty. It literally was even worse in Beta. XVM is used by [edited], but so is everything else. I get shot or pushed off cliffs once in 10 games when playing my M60 and am cussed out and called a wallet warrior 2/5 games in my T59. I also used to get killed just for clan tags, or because I lead an anti arty thread, as well as the famous T110e5 thread that was 30k pages, where people disagreed with me, so they TKed me in game.

I have been in WOT since Beta, I was a Red Green and Purple and was in [edited] clans to top tier CW champs and WOT was just a hate fest all the way around. XVM gets labeled this way from players that don't understand it. I am not saying you are this way and mean no offense, but most times I see these XVM witch hunts it is almost always because the guys have bad stats, and were picked on at one point.

Why not just come out and say, I have terrible stats and "I am going to get a ton of crap from losers and [edited], and it will ruin my game experience."  I would then back you up and say, "Good thing you can hide your stats in this game, unlike WOT" 

Seriously though, 40% global W/R? With 4 T10 ships and 4k games? Im sorry but some of these guys who get flamed deserve it. Sitting at 20km in a Yammy or GK while us in DMs and Moskvas try to do BBs jobs. In these cases I wish I had XVM and could shame these retarded and selfish snowflakes.

TL;DR

XVM had nothing to do with WOT being so hostile and salty. It literally was even worse in Beta. XVM is used by [edited], but so is everything else. I get shot or pushed off cliffs once in 10 games when playing my M60 and am cussed out and called a wallet warrior 2/5 games in my T59. I also used to get killed just for clan tags, or because I lead an anti arty thread, as well as the famous T110e5 thread that was 30k pages, where people disagreed with me, so they TKed me in game.

WOT was always toxic...ALWAYS. And since Beta guys have been saying  "This game used to be great but now is ruined because X, Y , Z" and yet it continues to have huge numbers playing it. I decided to leave because it became pay to win and was clearly not ashamed of it. BUT WOT WAS ALWAYS TOXIC. XVM ON ITS OWN IS JUST A TOOL. Most games have some sort of stats built in to the game, so IDK why its so shocking.

Edited by SFC_Storm
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
1,501 posts
7,359 battles
31 minutes ago, SFC_Storm said:

WOT was always toxic...ALWAYS. And since Beta guys have been saying  "This game used to be great but now is ruined because X, Y , Z" and yet it continues to have huge numbers playing it. I decided to leave because it became pay to win and was clearly not ashamed of it. BUT WOT WAS ALWAYS TOXIC. XVM ON ITS OWN IS JUST A TOOL. Most games have some sort of stats built in to the game, so IDK why its so shocking.

But, it's a bad tool. Unnecessary to play the game, and just throws more fuel on the fire of toxic players. XVM mods should be banned.

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,023 posts
10,174 battles

Don't worry about the good or bad players on your team - they are randomly assigned and you have no say in who you get.  Focus on your game play, and maximizing the things you can do for the team to get the win.  If you have some similarly skilled friends, division with them to increase your odds of enjoying the game experience ( if not increasing your chances of winning).  Clan tags are enough to let you know who the good players are on your team and the other team, use that knowledge to plan your strats or be aware of their ability in the ships they bring.

Knowing that half your team is horrible will negatively affect your attitude in possibly two ways;  First, you develop a defeatist attitude about the match, and start railing on the bad players whether they are doing ok or not.  Second, you decide that your team needs a savior - you - and you tryhard mode the match, more than likely failing early and resorting to the First choice.  Without that knowledge, you play normally, trying to use your ship within it's means and letting your team mates attempt to do their part as well.  Whether you win or lose, just playing your best and not worrying about what your team is achieving will lead to more balanced game sessions with the minimum of tilt.

Just because you have a 70% win rate division on your team, doesn't mean that you are not about to be a part of the 30% that they lose.  People do some crazy stuff when they feel like they are guaranteed a win by a power division, generally resulting in early deaths and handicapping the actually good div in pulling out a win.

tldr; XVM is unnecessary to enjoy the game or become any better at it, so leave it be.

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
20 hours ago, nToxik said:

Well even before the match started, he singled out 3 players and told them they had to up their game and basically double their performance to contribute to the game. Said it was an API mod (I assume via browser) that he had.

https://monitor.pepespub.de/ This is what some people use