You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
dseehafer

Hot or Not: Who's Hotter - Brooklyn class bridges

Who's Hotter?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Original or Rebuild?

• Original
    • Rebuild
    • Bacon (Bacon means you're impartial)

14 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles

Greetings all,

I haven't done one of these in a while and a conversation between myself and Doomlock last night inspired this particular subject for today's HoN. 

Basically, as-built, most American cruisers had rounded bridges with big windows, however, during the war, these bridges were replaced with enclosed boxy bridges with very few small windows. Now, obviously, the bridge rebuilds came with a laundry list of benefits.... but was "improved aesthetic appeal" one of them? Only you can decide! This time we will be looking specifically at the ships of the Brooklyn class.

Original

Image result for uss boise

Rebuild

Original

Related image

Rebuild

Image result for brooklyn class cruiser

Original

Image result for uss savannah cl-42

Rebuild

Original

Rebuild

Image result for uss nashville ww2

Original

Related image

Rebuild

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

My words are pretty much said there. I like the rebuild as, the WWII aesthetic is just my favorite thing and that is what I see in the rebuild.

[NDA]
Supertester
4,771 posts
13,562 battles

I vote rebuild. The original has an open optimistic view of the world. While the rebuild has the narrowed glare of a warrior ready for battle.

:cap_cool:

Also I really want a Brooklyn class in game. I discovered this ship while wondering the depths of the USS Yorktown in Charleston SC. My first thought when see her modal was, They built a super Cleveland? WoWs must have this.

Edited by RedSeaBear
Do I need a reason to edit?
  • Cool 1

Members
247 posts
11,860 battles

Yep, rebuild looks better. The original hmmm, how do I put it...doesn't look like a warships bridge, and I like the way the multi decks look on the rebuild.

Edited by Viscount

Beta Testers
4,982 posts
5,610 battles

I like the original, the windows look very nice. Lots of room to view out of, and the square windows fit very well with the superstructure's blockiness.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,369 posts
7,946 battles

I like both the same, I really wouldn't mind either version in the game though likely both would with  the rebuild being top hull.

Just as long as they add a premium version of USS Philadelphia. Some interesting history and well... :etc_swear: it I'm biased cause I live and grew up in the area.

[SPTR]
Members
25,612 posts
10,802 battles

Rebuild, beacuse same reason of what RedSeaBear has said about them.

[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,856 posts
3,680 battles
9 hours ago, WanderingGhost said:

I like both the same, I really wouldn't mind either version in the game though likely both would with  the rebuild being top hull.

Just as long as they add a premium version of USS Philadelphia. Some interesting history and well... :etc_swear: it I'm biased cause I live and grew up in the area.

Arguably Boise or Savanah would make better premium candidates for the Brooklyn class. Boise because she was "America's highest scoring warship" and Savanah because she survived being hit by a Frtz X and was also the only Brooklyn class cruiser to be refitted with dual 127/38s.

Savanah with dual 127/38s...

Image result for uss savannah

And of course, Boise making the news...

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
2 hours ago, dseehafer said:

Arguably Boise or Savanah would make better premium candidates for the Brooklyn class. Boise because she was "America's highest scoring warship" and Savanah because she survived being hit by a Frtz X and was also the only Brooklyn class cruiser to be refitted with dual 127/38s.

Savanah with dual 127/38s...

Image result for uss savannah

And of course, Boise making the news...

The dual 5"/38s are the one reason I have been putting the St. Louis's at T9 as opposed to the Brooklyn's; the better AA power. This makes me think they can put a Brooklyn there, and add this hull as the B-Hull.