Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Crap_Shoot

Can we cool it with the "In one battle do X" missions?

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

172
[NGA-S]
Beta Testers
402 posts
5,795 battles

They're almost as bad as "Kill X" missions.  They're mostly pure dice rolls, more luck than skill. And they don't promote good gameplay that will actually help the team.  In fact, they often encourage window licking.  Great example the "Back to school cruisers".  Okay, so you want cruisers to completely ignore their AP in desperation to live long enough for RNG to grant them 8 fires in a single match?  Awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
119
[BLUE_]
Members
385 posts
14,094 battles

Harder or longer missions gives better rewards, plain and simple.

The only ones i usually dont complete are the clear sky ones or that are limited by time. Because eventually no matter what, i will complete a mission sooner or later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,033
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,150 posts
8,766 battles
8 minutes ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Harder or longer missions gives better rewards, plain and simple.

The only ones i usually dont complete are the clear sky ones or that are limited by time. Because eventually no matter what, i will complete a mission sooner or later.

For a simple Honorable achievement it is stupidly hard to get. It should be moved to Heroic and some kind of reward given for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
193 posts
7,736 battles

No one has yet addressed the OP's concerns.  He didn't say the missions were too hard to complete, nor did he say that they couldn't be completed.  He said that the missions force players to focus on objectives other than winning the battle.  Anyone who was around during the original Anime Kongo missions (Jan 2016?) knows exactly what he is referring to.

 

I think the missions should be XP and damaged based only.   Special events could reward X % more XP to a particular class.

 

There must be some wizard out there that can propose a better system than the current one.

Edited by CombatBoss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
1 hour ago, Crap_Shoot said:

They're almost as bad as "Kill X" missions.  They're mostly pure dice rolls, more luck than skill. And they don't promote good gameplay that will actually help the team.  In fact, they often encourage window licking.  Great example the "Back to school cruisers".  Okay, so you want cruisers to completely ignore their AP in desperation to live long enough for RNG to grant them 8 fires in a single match?  Awesome.

Way to be last week, when those cruiser missions existed...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
154
[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,194 posts
4,125 battles
10 minutes ago, CombatBoss said:

No one has yet addressed the OP's concerns.  He didn't say the missions were too hard to complete, nor did he say that they couldn't be completed.  He said that the missions force players to focus on objectives other than winning the battle.  Anyone who was around during the original Anime Kongo missions (Jan 2016?) knows exactly what he is referring to.

 

I think the missions should be XP and damaged based only.   Special events could reward X % more XP to a particular class.

 

There must be some wizard out there that can propose a better system than the current one.

Kinda like real life, where completing the mission is everything.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×