You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Camo68

What is the best Tier 4 Destroyer?

Tier 4 Destroyers  

111 members have voted

1. 1. What is the best Tier 4 Destroyer?

36 comments in this topic

[NAV]
Members
171 posts
6,384 battles

I used to like Clemson.  But recently have developed a love for Izy.  Gun range, fires, and quick torp reloads.  I'm shooting for an AFT DE build.  

[FLEUR]
Members
29 posts
7,007 battles

Clemson by far. The double set of torps on both sides gives Clemson some ridiculous options when engaging enemies, while the guns are stupidly strong for its tier. Even the dispersion gives you a good chance of knocking out multiple DD components with a single salvo.

[SYN]
Members
3,212 posts
14,842 battles
2 hours ago, Psyentific said:

clubson is the best t4 ship, bar none. how is this even a question?

The draw back with Clemson is that it can't stealth torp, against BBs with experienced captains they struggle (particularly UK HE).

Isokaze can't duel or contest caps but deletes BBs at will and is very good spotting.

V170 can do both roles but not as well as either.

From my own experience you can throw a blanket over them stats wise

[-BRS-]
Members
676 posts
12,733 battles
On 10/18/2017 at 10:32 PM, evilleMonkeigh said:

Looking at the poll results, I'm suspecting no one actually played the Izyaslav....  

Don't forget we are on the North American server and forums. Most if not all are going to play the Clemson while the Izyaslav gets less attention here. Consider the Izyaslav the secret sealclubber few people know about. I myself consider it much stronger than the Clemson.

P.S. There is an even less well known secret sealclubber that I use as well. If you want to know what it is, send me a message. No need to give away trade secrets after all.

Edited by Lightninger

[FLS]
Alpha Tester
622 posts
2,799 battles

Clemson is the standout, but Izyaslav and V-170 are both very powerful in their own right when driven well and can give the Clemson a run for its money. Isokaze is thoroughly underwhelming these days, having been absolutely gutted by the nerfs. It's still capable, but it's a lot harder to use and a lot less fun to play than any of the others.

--Helms

[SSBN]
[SSBN]
Members
412 posts
11,843 battles
On 9/11/2017 at 7:05 AM, chewonit said:

I would have voted for Isokaze before the nerf. She was my favorite DD. Now she's just not worth the time.

So true. I have never seen a ship nerfed so hard, in so many ways. I loved that ship. I'm sure my WTR went down post-nerf. Now, I won't even sail her.

[SYN]
Members
3,212 posts
14,842 battles
1 hour ago, Coyote720 said:

So true. I have never seen a ship nerfed so hard, in so many ways. I loved that ship. I'm sure my WTR went down post-nerf. Now, I won't even sail her.

She's still got some teeth, I took her out for a few games as I was doing the comparisons as I hadn't sailed her in a while.

She didn't disappoint and would have been dynamite when the Brit BBs were introduced.

• Cool 1

Members
67 posts
3,541 battles

Hard pressed to choose. I had a lot of fun in the Clemson but then again I've had more luck in the V-170 gameplay wise. Either way, both have been permanently assigned to my fleet. 

[DD214]
Members
766 posts

The Isokaze  was the pick before the nerf, it printed High Calibers as boats sunk to her fish and caps were taken. The Clemson is very good, and the I-170 is close with a good skipper. Still, the seals are safer with the Iso weakened.