You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Judge_Doom

About damage caused by others....question...

5 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,712 battles

So when some idiot or idiots deliberately ram you and at the end of battle it shows how much you have been fined for doing nothing other than minding your own business and in the details page it list it in PINK, does that damage caused by others count against you towards you turning PINK? ....this is my main question of the thread.

Comment:

WG...just a side note: Your damage penalty system is baullshit, if I or someone else is out there doing our thing in battle, minding our own business and some 3 year old playing on daddies PC boats around dong nothing other than pew pewing everything in sight and ramming everything in sight because they have no real mental control over what they are doing, why are we penalized for the crap they pull, if they ram us why do we the rammed have to pay?

Its not the financial part that irks me, its the failure of WG to stick those with the real responsibility for their own actions, instead they stick it on everyone involved in the incident when at least one of those involved in those types of incidents in almost every one of those types of incidents did not ask to be involved and was the victim, yet they too are penalized for it.  If these types of incidents count towards the non guilty turning PINK, then its some real baullshit and needs to be changed.

Thanks in advance to any civilized responses.

[ARRGG]
Members
4,678 posts
7,503 battles

The amount  of points it takes to turn pink is significant ,Wows will not say what that threshold is, ramming or accidentally getting hit is nothing to worry about if your just playing as a team player

no worries

but it does suck when you get hit on purpose and you end with a penalty to

Members
3,414 posts
6,078 battles

Both parties get fined when boats touch, mainly because they can't code who is at 'fault'...I believe the threshold for pink is a % of your total damage done, against the team.  With nearly 6K battles, if you have never turned pink, you have VERY little to worry about.

Edited by CylonRed

[WOLF1]
[WOLF1]
Members
2,765 posts
1,320 battles

Don't actually finish a kill of another player, whether by accident or intention, and you won't have to worry about it generally.  There are freak accidents, like setting someone on fire in front of you when they pass in front of you just as you fire, but otherwise you're safe as long as no one sinks.

Now, if you do sink someone and turn pink, then you will have to go completely contact-free/no friendly damage for x matches to get rid of the pink.