You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralMudkip

Apparently CV rework has been pushed back to 2018 (source is very 'sketchy' so take a grain of salt)

58 comments in this topic

[TBOW]
Members
1,417 posts
11,187 battles
17 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Very happy to hear this. Now those of us who don't like being XP pinatas can play the game without the degrading presence of Sky Parasites.

I want to be the enemy CV for everyone of your games... :)

• Cool 2

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,822 posts
3,895 battles
17 hours ago, Frenotx said:

Not to mention the lagginess, and ancient bugs.

The carrier control/interface bugs are so old, people only refer to them by their archaeologically assigned Latin names.

• Cool 4

[5D]
Members
1,340 posts
7,638 battles
19 minutes ago, AraAragami said:

The carrier control/interface bugs are so old, people only refer to them by their archaeologically assigned Latin names.

Oh... you've appealed to my latent history teacher sense of humor...

Gah that made me chuckle!!!

[NGA]
Members
1,436 posts
8,446 battles

Personally, to make a few simple changes rather than rework everything, remove alt attacks for attack aircraft, but have DBs have a tighter circle and have TBs drop closer. These changes will noticeably decrease the impact gap cause by skill between average joes and unicums (a major problem in CV combat) and will also decrease the amount of multi-tasking that a CV players needs to accomplish. Also, rework strafe-out into the planes still being able to put on a burst of speed and leave the dogfight, but not bag kills from nearby squadrons (a somewhat overpowered tool to defending fighters). This would also allow planes that are out of ammo to return to the CV. I believe both these changes would do an adequate job at minimizing the impact that a difference in skill between opposing CV players make, which really is the main problem with CV combat. A unicum is able to drop in such a precise way that many ships have no hope of evading while more average players (like myself) will screw as often as not. There would still be the issue of positioning your aircraft, but that would be where skill comes into play.

And before anyone calls me a baBBy for asking that manual drops be canceled, please note that Midway was my first tier X and I have both it and the Hakuryu.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
21,822 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, Spartias said:

Oh... you've appealed to my latent history teacher sense of humor...

Gah that made me chuckle!!!

Last time I rolled my Ryujo out, I was able to witness a Squadronus Unrespondium.

It'd be more impressive if it didn't happen at least once a game.

Members
811 posts
2,399 battles
18 hours ago, AdmiralMudkip said:

inb4 CV rework involves turning all CVs into battleships >.>

So like the Graf Zep? Seriously I had a guy in COOP competing with my Biz in trying to use secondaries on everything.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,164 battles
On 9/11/2017 at 5:37 PM, Krupp_Sabot said:

So like the Graf Zep? Seriously I had a guy in COOP competing with my Biz in trying to use secondaries on everything.

That was me! Lulz