You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AdmiralMudkip

Apparently CV rework has been pushed back to 2018 (source is very 'sketchy' so take a grain of salt)

58 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,233 posts
4,757 battles
1 hour ago, Big_Spud said:

WHAT A TWIST!

Not. It's been obvious since early summer that nothing major was going to come for CV's this year. 

2016 will be the year of the CV!

2017 will be the year of the CV!

2018 will be the year of the CV!

How long do they really expect people to wait?

At least 2018 at this point.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,046 posts
1,501 battles
32 minutes ago, comtedumas said:

99% of the time lag is your ISPs fault.  

CV's are so high APM though that they make normally unnoticeable ping swings very noticeable.

[FOXEH]
[FOXEH]
Members
1,233 posts
4,757 battles
Just now, Carl said:

CV's are so high APM though that they make normally unnoticeable ping swings very noticeable.

I haven noticed it on my extremely good ISP.  And I stay on top of it, and keep Spectrum on speed dial.  

[SYN]
Members
14,721 posts
11,061 battles

At this rate, CVs in WoWs will join the ranks of Ibuki, Graf Zeppelin and Aquila in WW2.

As in, This game will be over before CVs in WoWs are ever in a usable state.

[NBGC]
Members
3,043 posts
10,248 battles
2 minutes ago, centarina said:

ibuki wasn't that bad.  one dimensional, but playable.    

I think he meant in the sense that she wasn't finished in real life—at least, not as a cruiser. She was instead converted to a CVL.

[SYN]
Members
14,721 posts
11,061 battles
3 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

I think he meant in the sense that she wasn't finished in real life—at least, not as a cruiser. She was instead converted to a CVL.

yep.

State of Carrier completeness in WoWs:

"Incomplete"

220px-Japanese_cruiser_Ibuki.jpg

"We don't know what we are doing"

SSZ_airship_aboard_HMS_Furious_1918_IWM_

"Oh, hey, how did I end up here anyways?"

car-carrier1.jpg

• Cool 2

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

they will never rebalance or fix CV.  they will just drag on as it is as long as they can milk it.    forget about another line coming out anytime soon .    

[5IN]
Members
1,890 posts
8,774 battles

It seems to me that if WG is having so many issues figuring out what to do with CVs, they should ask for help.  Help from the people who would actually play them.  

I dont know if SuperTesters, CCs or other WG-affiliated users get to provide input, but there are a lot of smart people here that could.  People who can provide meaningful suggestions that would help CVs, but while maintaining balance with the other types.  

After all, we players are the ones that actually play CVs or fight/defend against them, right?

Maybe WG will comment on this in the next Dev update?  

B

[SYN]
Members
14,721 posts
11,061 battles
19 minutes ago, bassmasta76 said:

It seems to me that if WG is having so many issues figuring out what to do with CVs, they should ask for help.  Help from the people who would actually play them.  

I dont know if SuperTesters, CCs or other WG-affiliated users get to provide input, but there are a lot of smart people here that could.  People who can provide meaningful suggestions that would help CVs, but while maintaining balance with the other types.  

After all, we players are the ones that actually play CVs or fight/defend against them, right?

Maybe WG will comment on this in the next Dev update?  

B

I lost count of how many threads were made with suggestions to fix CVs.

Rest assured, there have been a lot of suggestions in the past.

Where does it go?

Funny%20Paper%20shredder%20Flamingsteel.

[INTEL]
Members
9,072 posts
26,596 battles
20 hours ago, Cpt_JM_Nascimento said:

Khaba player that likes to be 5 km away from the closest green ship spotted.

But seriously, only good CV players are a headache if the other CV cant compete, but they should be rewarded like any other player for the good job. And good players with CVs are rare, but if u can't deal with every single CV player you face that's another problem that isn't Sky Parasites.

Good or bad, they ruin games. And somehow the bad one always ends up on my team. 

[TASH]
Members
5,021 posts
8,426 battles

To be fair, WG is more on track towards doing something now than they were in 2016.  Kaga and Enterprise, along with the Saipan, are able to give them more thorough testing of their ideas than simple theorycrafting ever could.  Moreover, they have a direct window to the community for further mechanics to test in the form of the Graf Zeppelin feedback group.  They do seem to want to do their own thing with the GZ so far from what they've posted, but Fara's ideas are being noticed, and more importantly, considered by the development team, which means they may yet find their way onto other CVs or CV lines.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[ZR]
Members
86 posts
2,822 battles
5 hours ago, Big_Spud said:

WHAT A TWIST!

Not. It's been obvious since early summer that nothing major was going to come for CV's this year. 

2016 will be the year of the CV!

2017 will be the year of the CV!

2018 will be the year of the CV!

How long do they really expect people to wait?

2016 saw many positive changes to cv gameplay...it was a good year and I am not joking.

Members
380 posts
2,525 battles
6 hours ago, comtedumas said:

99% of the time lag is your ISPs fault.  

I'm talking about the interface itself, not the game as a whole. It would be like if you pressed Q on a regular surface ship, then a full second later heard the bell indicating your rudder command went through.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,480 battles
9 hours ago, Battleship_Orion said:

I still can't get over why they released so many premium CVs before the rework.

How else are you going to test some things in a live setting and make some money to fund it a bit more in the process? Not the BEST idea but, hey, I can see why even if I do not approve. 

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,875 posts
5,922 battles

Strafing needs to go, its too ping related and once you start getting a bit of lag you cannot compete.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,518 posts
11,957 battles

It would be nice if they would at least communicate with the CV community that they are having difficulties, and are pushing things back.

Members
2,364 posts
6,637 battles
10 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

They needed cash flow.  it's the same reason they are trying to convince people that an Arethusa class trade protection cruiser with 6 152mm guns is worthy of T6.

Would really rather see the Dido class cruisers slot into Tier 6 as a premium

[DRACS]
Members
3,898 posts
16 hours ago, GBean17 said:

Well, the issue is that there is not really any other way of doing it without sacrificing control of the squadrons. 

This. I don't know what WG has in mind, but no matter what happens, existing CV players will probably be upset. Only way to make CV play easier or more welcoming to new players is to remove a good deal of the fine micromanagement and manual drops.

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,046 posts
1,501 battles
9 minutes ago, KaptainKaybe said:

This. I don't know what WG has in mind, but no matter what happens, existing CV players will probably be upset. Only way to make CV play easier or more welcoming to new players is to remove a good deal of the fine micromanagement and manual drops.

This. And it's why the opinions of existing CV players are mostly 110% relevant because most of them want it to be a clickfest micro hell playstyle regardless of weather that will actually get CV's played more or not.