You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Pringle477

Manuel Secondaries

19 comments in this topic

[SB]
Members
7 posts
9,774 battles

Stupid question, but how do you use them with the commander upgrade.  I cannot get them to fire.  I tried holding down control and left clicking.  I tried pushing control then left clicking.  What am i missing to make this work?

Alpha Tester, Members, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
12,393 posts

Hold down ctrl while left clicking. They'll fire when in range provided they're not destroyed.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,760 battles

Did you click on the big circle just above the selected enemy ship while you did this?

I sometimes miss lick the hull instead of that upper icon on an enemy ship when using my Manual Secondaries.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles

Make sure they're not turned off with P.

[SB]
Members
7 posts
9,774 battles

I'm still missing something.  When i hold control down, It freezes my sights and i don't see a big circle.  I cannot move them in binocular mode.  Thanks for the help.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,498 posts
2,069 battles

Ctrl-Left Click on the ship you're targeting. A icon should appear above it (I think it's a white A). Clicking on the ship won't always work, click on the name above it. With the skill, secondaries only fire when a target is selected, and and only at the selected target. Obviously it has to be in range. Also, the secondaries (unlike the AAA) have limited arcs of fire. So if the target is at a steep angle ahead or astern, the secondaries may not have the angle to fire.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,498 posts
2,069 battles
Just now, Pringle477 said:

I'm still missing something.  When i hold control down, It freezes my sights and i don't see a big circle.  I cannot move them in binocular mode.  Thanks for the help.

Ctrl brings up the cursor. Sometimes it does freeze the game the first time I hit it for a few seconds (once it actually crashed it). The circle is the one that shows what ship you're aiming at with the main battery (the crosshair). Not going to be there if you're targeting a different ship with the secondaries.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
2 minutes ago, Pringle477 said:

I'm still missing something.  When i hold control down, It freezes my sights and i don't see a big circle.

The sights freezing (IE, you can't look around with the mouse) when you hold down CTRL is normal. You should get a mouse cursor when you do.

Click on the target ship while holding down CTRL to designate it. It should show an 'A' icon above the ship when it's designated. When you are within secondary range your secondaries will open fire.

[WOLF5]
Members
1,498 posts
2,069 battles
28 minutes ago, Pringle477 said:

I'm using firefox, i wonder if that is the problem

You run the game in Firefox? That might explain your problem:Smile_teethhappy:

[SB]
Members
7 posts
9,774 battles

Lol, i figured it out.  I was not able to target in binocular mode, but when i pulled back on the zoom, i got the curser, and could direct my secondaries to a target.  Again, thanks for the help guys.   

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
8,949 posts
7,305 battles
On 9/16/2017 at 11:41 PM, mavfin87 said:

Who is Manuel, and why is he firing your secondaries?

:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

Members
1,000 posts
5,746 battles
On 9/16/2017 at 11:41 PM, mavfin87 said:

Who is Manuel, and why is he firing your secondaries?

I am!

And I fire only my own secondaries, and no one else's, thank you. And no one fires mine but me.

What I do with my own secondaries in my own battles is nobody's business but mine. You guys shouldn't even be asking. This entire thread is out of line!!

(Harrumph!)

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
8,949 posts
7,305 battles
21 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

I am!

And I fire only my own secondaries, and no one else's, thank you. And no one fires mine but me.

What I do with my own secondaries in my own battles is nobody's business but mine. You guys shouldn't even be asking. This entire thread is out of line!!

(Harrumph!)

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_honoring:

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
182 posts
4,307 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 3:37 PM, Lert said:

Make sure they're not turned off with P.

Even if they're turned off, once you manually select a target, they should automatically become active. At least that's how it works when manually targeting aircraft.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,966 posts
12,487 battles
10 minutes ago, Haifischkoeder said:

Even if they're turned off, once you manually select a target, they should automatically become active. At least that's how it works when manually targeting aircraft.

You can turn that on or off in the settings.