Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Doutech

In-Game UI Freezes

3 comments in this topic

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
6,114 battles

Today, (9/10) I've encountered a problem twice where the UI freezes and I have no control over my ship. I hear in game battle sounds and the chat works as normal but everything else acts as if it is frozen. I am however able to control the ship and fire but the camera does not follow it and I an unable to see any interactions. Is this a known issue from the past or is this a recent 6.10.0 issue?

Members
613 posts
7,263 battles

I have this problem occur before in the PT server only. Chat works but the Camera won't follow my ship, I can still move my ship and fire it though

Members
3 posts
2,646 battles

Aha!  Somebody else is having similar problems!   Support doesn't seem to recognize that there is a problem at all.

I have had DOZENS of these situations where I have no control of the ship.  Here is what I have experienced:
1.  Directional control is lost, but guns may (or  may not) fire;
2.  Image of ship freezes, but torps and shells keep moving;
3. Complete loss of control, resulting in random movement of ship.  Sometimes guns will fire without any reason, and torps will sometimes launch.

JUST GOT PINKED AGAIN.  

Here's what happened.  Allied ship rammed me while on auto pilot.  Directional control lost, torps spontaneously fired--directly into allied ship.  My ship contined to wind its way through a series of islands until destroyed about two minutes after loss of control.

I have to say, I'm getting very frustrated, especially since anyone who has seen my stats would agree that I am absolutely abysmal at hittin nanything with torps.  Most of my games in DDs are less than 5 minutes, almost never finish a game, almost invariably defeats.  Yet--somehow, I have been able to torp allies twice in the recent past, and this time I actiually saw it happen, even though I had no control over the situation.  

As I have said before, I am entirely capable of getting myself killed -- I hardly need WoW help with doing so.  I would just like the chance to make my own mistakes.

Edited by Fringellidaeus

Sign in to follow this