Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Varathius

WG, give XP for smoke and radar support

6 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
167 posts

Given the fact how WG listens to its community, I will give this a try:

Please create a mechanic that you get XP for playing as a team, giving smoke to friendlies. Let's say a team mate takes fire, you cover him with smoke, fire stops, some form of XP support for the player that gave smoke. Same for when someone uses radar and ships that were conceal start taking hits, give the radar user XP. I am saying this because in this current meta, it is incredible to see how most players do not play as a team but for themselves, this forces sometimes others to play as a team for them, and they end up doing no XP but causing the team to win because of playing support.

For instance:

Last game, a Benson and Gearing were doing their own thing, our guys were getting torped left and right, no scouting, nothing. So I had to cease my grilling with Khaba, and rush to my BBs to give them smoke. That time, I literally caused us to win the game by a tiny margin, I saved a Des moines and a BB from dying, we won by time and few points... I did total of 21,000 dmg that time, no caps, nothing, just ensuring our Des Moines and BB did the killing while adjusting to this horrible headache of a game it started to become.... Playing like that is also very tiresome (full support), you need to predict friendly's actions without being on comms, but it worked, but except the reward of win, I was second last in team by points, basically, I was being punished by causing our team to win through playing support.

Support needs a way of getting more XP when you give smoke support and radar....I think it will also promote more team play behavior that will increase overall fun for all. Maybe I am also totally wrong but each time I had smoke when I was in a BB, even if we lost, I ended up losing in a much better mood, knowing people tried. Once, a DD sacrificed himself to save my yamato from torps, what a great thing, we won the game too and got solo warrior achievement, I never forget that :)

Edited by Varathius

Beta Testers
167 posts

I did not know that, and if that is the case, that would be a really idiotic change.... the not shooting I can live with I guess, but if you don't shoot you could still use the time to repair without being seen?

Edited by Varathius

Members
9,868 posts
2 minutes ago, Varathius said:

I did not know that, and if that is the case, that would be a really idiotic change.... the not shooting I can live with I guess, but if you don't shoot you could still use the time to repair without being seen?

The public test patch notes show the changes in smoke. As long as you aren't shooting the spotting penalty doesn't apply. So defensive only for most ships now.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,760 posts
6,736 battles

You already get spotting XP from radar, I believe.

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts

For smoke support rewards, not possible.

There's just too many possible things you could do with smoke, and you'd have to judge whether or not you were actually supporting your teammate on a case by case basis.

Sign in to follow this