You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Slntreaper

CQ has passed Hakuryu in damage and still climbing

72 comments in this topic

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,563 battles

It's been happening on the EU server too, I'd give it a week and it'll surpass the Hakyryu even on the Asia server.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles

Sample size. Also, early adopters, only the real serious and arguably skilled will have Conq this early after its release.

• Cool 6

[TBOW]
[TBOW]
Members
1,132 posts
10,022 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Sample size. Also, early adopters, only the real serious and arguably skilled will have Conq this early after its release.

That doesn't explain me, Lert ;)

[SF-3]
Beta Testers
594 posts
8,787 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

This, also most of that damage is fire damage to BBs, which is the least effective type for winning the game.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
Just now, LancerUlysses said:

That doesn't explain me, Lert ;)

Sample size. You're just one person.

Members
304 posts
3,565 battles

tbh a lot of the good cv players dont play CVs regularly anymore, and theres been a surge of some questionable hakuryu players lately

[KOZ]
Beta Testers
1,485 posts
1,186 battles

It's way too early to make any calls about the performance of the Conqueror.

The CQ is brand new, and right now there's a handful of people who have it:

1. Those with the Free EXP. Check the Missouri's stats vs. the Iowa's. Have to say it: the Missouri is NOT by any means a significantly better ship than the Iowa. Stronger Armor that doesn't affect the game whatsoever, Radar which on a Battleship doesn't mean much, outside of killing a couple more RN CLs. Nope, the MO's performance is her playerbase...

2. Those skilled enough to crush the line with win after win after win. These are Unicums. Not a metric to make a call on, unless their behavior becomes centralizing.

The CQ is raining fire on Battleships right now, so of course it's going to do tons of damage. Give it a few months and let enough time to let the average joes get the ship... then watch those numbers drop. If it stays high THEN, it might be worth worrying about. Right now? Fahgettaboutit.

• Cool 2

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles

People already have over 1,000 battles in Conq?! :Smile_amazed:

Dat russianbias doe...

Members
9,863 posts
4 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

1. Those with the Free EXP. Check the Missouri's stats vs. the Iowa's. Have to say it: the Missouri is NOT by any means a significantly better ship than the Iowa. Stronger Armor that doesn't affect the game whatsoever, Radar which on a Battleship doesn't mean much, outside of killing a couple more RN CLs. Nope, the MO's performance is her playerbase...

2. Those skilled enough to crush the line with win after win after win. These are Unicums. Not a metric to make a call on, unless their behavior becomes centralizing.

The CQ is raining fire on Battleships right now, so of course it's going to do tons of damage. Give it a few months and let enough time to let the average joes get the ship... then watch those numbers drop. If it stays high THEN, it might be worth worrying about. Right now? Fahgettaboutit.

You think Missouri's stats are the players who play it? Have you seen how many really bad players are in one?:Smile_amazed:

• Cool 1

[K-P-M]
Members
1,597 posts
12,632 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You think Missouri's stats are the players who play it? Have you seen how many really bad players are in one?:Smile_amazed:

Yeah,and they end up on my team:fish_panic:

• Cool 1

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,356 posts
3,559 battles
28 minutes ago, AirshipCanon said:

Strongly disagree about MO.

When she is putting out 20-30k gp  every 2 weeks. The high skilled players only argument flies  out the window. 

I also know many including myself who feel the MO is much superior  to Iowa 

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,785 battles
43 minutes ago, Lert said:

The sample size is fine. But I agree that it is probably not representative of the general population. Early adopters are mostly likely not average players.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,916 posts
12,446 battles
1 minute ago, TheHolySpork said:

The sample size is fine.

Really? Because it's only 10k. When I argued that Nelson was fine instead of crap and showed its stats at the time I was told 8k was waaaaay too small a sample size to make any sort of judgment on.

[SWOB]
Beta Testers
485 posts
3,785 battles

6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Really? Because it's only 10k. When I argued that Nelson was fine instead of crap and showed its stats at the time I was told 8k was waaaaay too small a sample size to make any sort of judgment on.

Without getting too technical, 8000 is good enough too. If you are comfortable with an 95% confidence level (which is the "norm"), then at a sample size of 1000 your margin of error is already at about 3%. At 10000 it is about 1%.

Of course, it depends on what you are trying to estimate, but - statistically speaking - you are good with anything in the 1000s unless you need a very very small margin of error. 

[BAKED]
Members
918 posts
8,948 battles

Solo win rates are still under GKs on the NA SEA EU. If you look at the battle percentages, Conq has much higher division rate than the other T10 BBs

Though the damage is pretty high. I don't think even GK at launch was ever that high.

Edited by Dodgy_Cookies

Members
1,604 posts
3,573 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Really?  8k is fine when you consider the games population.  Also that the Hak in the past two weeks has only 2,500 games.  The problem isn't the number of games,  it's the people in those games.  I'd say in a month we'll start seeing more reliable numbers as the general populace catches up and starts dragging stats down.

That being said,  those are still high numbers and need to be monitored carefully to prevent her from being too strong.

[SF-A]
Members
2,848 posts
5,548 battles

It's a very high number. As people have said, this is partly due to the best players being the only ones with access, but it does seem extraneous even for a brand new line. I don't recall such outcry about the Henri IV (or maybe I'm just forgetting things).

That said, I think many of the UK BBs will be receiving nerfs in the near future. Not huge nerfs, but small things, like 3-4% fire chance or 100-200 HE damage.

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,745 posts
6,703 battles
1 hour ago, Lert said:

Yep. The population of players that will spend a ton of free XP to get a tier 10 ship right after the new line was released is clearly different from the overall player population.

1 hour ago, RHINO_Mk_II said:

This, also most of that damage is fire damage to BBs, which is the least effective type for winning the game.

Also this.

[TBW]
Members
6,322 posts
11,878 battles

Not trying to be demeaning or anything OP but why do you care? you are at tier 6 only.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

Conqueror was 115k+ last week, so don't know what u guys talking about in her "climbing" damage, as sample size gets larger and less skilled players play her, her numbers will become in the +-10% average  damage of the rest of the T10 BB's.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,668 posts
9,985 battles

I think it's worth pointing out that not all damage is equal - Conq's doing 103k including an absolute ton of entirely repairable fire damage is my guess.

Yamato might only be doing 89k but in all likelihood that's almost exclusively AP, and a mix of 10% repairable citadels and 50% repairable AP pens as well as some (but not a huge proportion) of 100% repairable overpens.

If you were in a Yamato, would you rather take 100k from a Conq that you can probably repair 75% of depending on the HE pen/fire breakdown (all the fire, half the HE pen), or 90k damage from another Yamato which if it includes cits you'll be healing only say 30% of?

• Cool 3