You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
KalishniKat

Sky Cancer Weekend

131 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

It was so nice after the British BBs launched. Very few CVs, very enjoyable matches. Then comes this weekend, 2 CVs in every game, flying monkeys all over the place, much harder to have a "fun and engaging" experience. Good job WG, have a special weekend for your broken game mechanic.

• Cool 11

[SF-A]
Members
2,847 posts
5,547 battles

Go drive something specced for AA. With the scenarios spraying out 10 pt captains for competent people, it's not hard to get a captain.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,468 posts
6,648 battles

I have loved this weekend, so many shiny new CV players in their Enterprises! Normally that is the carrier I fear the most in a tier 8 match, but this weekend I have won more matches when slotted to fight versus an Enterprise than during the entire month of August. We need more Sky Cancer weekends!

• Cool 1

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
18 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

It was so nice after the British BBs launched. Very few CVs, very enjoyable matches. Then comes this weekend, 2 CVs in every game, flying monkeys all over the place, much harder to have a "fun and engaging" experience. Good job WG, have a special weekend for your broken game mechanic.

I disagree. So much fun for my maxed AA Zao. :cap_rambo:

[POP]
Beta Testers
289 posts
10,443 battles

You could always drive a dedicated AA cruiser or a mean American BB set up for all the lil torp droppers,,,,,

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,287 battles

Start carriers at T6, not T4. Example...in my New Mexico I've destroyed 74 planes, yet in an almost equal number of games in Ishizuchi I've managed to kill 4. Yes, 4. T4 ships are wither WW1 or pre WW1 and have no AA and no business fighting carriers.  I mean consider the idiocy of a St. Louis of 1900 vintage having to fight planes. It's just stupid. 

Members
675 posts
3,956 battles
1 minute ago, KalishniKat said:

Start carriers at T6, not T4. Example...in my New Mexico I've destroyed 74 planes, yet in an almost equal number of games in Ishizuchi I've managed to kill 4. Yes, 4. T4 ships are wither WW1 or pre WW1 and have no AA and no business fighting carriers.  I mean consider the idiocy of a St. Louis of 1900 vintage having to fight planes. It's just stupid. 

Nope, it's called interesting challenge for the St. Louis.

• Cool 3

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
34 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

I'm really enjoying the weekend so far. Just embrace it! :cap_rambo:

dcemz5C.jpg

Or better yet, join the dark side :cap_haloween:

I5tFAeg.jpg

• Cool 1

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles

It's probably weird - I have no idea - but I love carriers, even though I don't play them much. I love that they're in WoWs. Occasionally I get wrecked by torpedo bombers, but there's normally stuff I can do to avoid it. It's not like artillery in WoT which requires that you play like a complete loser.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
12 minutes ago, KalishniKat said:

get another sheeep

Edited by Pata1985

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles

I had a good Atlanta game where I downed 45 planes, but most CV know to stay away. I don't get bothered over not getting the plane kills, I enjoy the peace of mind a virtual no fly zone creates.

I keep checking the Q though and if I hit up a T4/5 battle there are 20 carriers. Do the same in my Atlanta and see 1 CV in the queue. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,139 posts
8,762 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

You could try that sky cancer yourself for a change of pace and you may even get some insight into them.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
10 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I keep checking the Q though and if I hit up a T4/5 battle there are 20 carriers. Do the same in my Atlanta and see 1 CV in the queue. 

That's when you bring out Yubyub or Texas :)

[NOVA]
Members
11,026 posts
5 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

You could try that sky cancer yourself for a change of pace and you may even get some insight into them.

They're also cancer to play.

With other ships, most games are fun, while you get a few stinkers.

With CVs, most games suck, and you get a few good ones.

• Cool 4

[CUTE]
Members
5,152 posts
3,430 battles
7 minutes ago, vak_ said:

That's when you bring out Yubyub or Texas :)

I might just have to park my dirty AA spec captain in my Texas for a couple rounds. Hadn't thought of that, just a pity about that MM spread though.. 

Edited by Canadatron
Autocorrecthell

[-MS-]
Beta Testers
1,458 posts
3,940 battles
1 hour ago, KalishniKat said:

I've been having fun learning CVs, from the cvs perspective. It's been a nice break from the completely stupid 8+ BBs per team that have been cancerfying the ques with baBBies who can't even find it in themselves to push.

[CJN]
[CJN]
Beta Testers
719 posts
6,114 battles
58 minutes ago, nuttybiscuit said:

I have loved this weekend, so many shiny new CV players in their Enterprises! Normally that is the carrier I fear the most in a tier 8 match, but this weekend I have won more matches when slotted to fight versus an Enterprise than during the entire month of August. We need more Sky Cancer weekends!

Agreed!

[-K-]
[-K-]
5,741 posts
6,703 battles
3 minutes ago, Canadatron said:

I might just have to park my dirty AA spec captain in my Texas for a couple rounds. Hadn't thought of that, just a pity about that MM spread though.. 

Because of how many low-tier carriers are in queue, you're a lot more likely to land in a 4-5 spread than usually.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,139 posts
8,762 battles
2 minutes ago, issm said:

They're also cancer to play.

With other ships, most games are fun, while you get a few stinkers.

With CVs, most games suck, and you get a few good ones.

They require far too much micromanaging to be enjoyable, heck there is more micromanaging with them than there was in Starfleet Command. The OP hasn't played them which is why I suggested that he do so to learn about them.

• Cool 3

[QAPLA]
Beta Testers
1,186 posts
3,495 battles

I recently started playing CV's again (Ryujo and Kaga) again...

it's actually tougher than I remember... it's a lot to keep track of using a bad control scheme. And when you are fighting a good CV player it's a nightmare.

But man... when you get 12 Torps on a perfect drop heading for a BB at it's turn apex.

THE TEARS ARE GLORIOUS.

• Cool 2