You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Rickster1998

Reshade

33 comments in this topic

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles

Notice: I do not claim this as my own, I am just informing.

Long story short I found this program called reshade. I started using it and I ask myself how I played the game before. First picture is with reshade and the settings (AdaptiveSharpen, Clarity, Colorfulness, HDR, and Levels)

shot-17_09.10_03_15.35-0058.thumb.jpg.24108bfec3f979c37a61629b232ef31c.jpg

The one below is normal wows.

shot-17_09.10_03_15.39-0636.thumb.jpg.4b9a32282377be610a42958f894d2259.jpg

If you want the reshade, go to https://reshade.me/ and download it. The preset I used is https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/preset/6604/ but if you want a different one, look though the list: https://sfx.thelazy.net/games/game/986/

Members
619 posts
7,282 battles

Cool, but I can just change it in my monitor such as the color strength
But I'll give it a try

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
2,327 posts
3,073 battles

Reshade is fun to mess around with, you can drastically alter the appearance of just about any game pretty easily. In the case of some you can add more advanced effects the base game doesn't have. 

I use it to add SMAA, tonemap, slight sharpening and a few other color adjustments to make WoWS less flat/drab (to me anyway). 

To anyone who wants to use: make sure to use the correct dll for the dx version you're using otherwise the effects won't work/load. 

• Cool 1

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

Most of the WoWs camos look very dull, I might try the reshade, it'll make my Kutuzov look much better!

Edited by FayFay731
  • Cool 2

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,826 battles

I use Reshade for a long time after my SweetFx cant meet my expectation anymore.

Currently, I use DFX (cuz Technicolor doesnt look good), Vibrance, Curves, LiftGamma, ToneMap, all are fast process. AdaptiveSharpen, Clarity, Colorfulness, HDR are heavy-weight effect and very costly on my framerate.

65IFsMi.png

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

Does use of one of these programs have any effect on FPS in a match?

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,681 posts
15,199 battles

It didn't hurt mine unless I spammed PrintScrn.  

• Cool 1

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
7 hours ago, FayFay731 said:

Most of the WoWs camos look very dull, I might try the reshade, it'll make my Kutuzov look much better!

That is the Kutuzov in the screenshots I have above. Lol

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
8 hours ago, ZombieFlanders said:

Reshade is fun to mess around with, you can drastically alter the appearance of just about any game pretty easily. In the case of some you can add more advanced effects the base game doesn't have. 

I use it to add SMAA, tonemap, slight sharpening and a few other color adjustments to make WoWS less flat/drab (to me anyway). 

To anyone who wants to use: make sure to use the correct dll for the dx version you're using otherwise the effects won't work/load. 

The new reshade lets you pick when you install it. Just show it the path to your worldofwarships.exe and it will already have dx9 selected, click dx10+

[-K-]
WoWS Wiki Editor, Members, Supertester, WoWS Community Contributors
4,681 posts
15,199 battles

Tried messing around with this but couldn't get the preset to load.  Tried installing sweetfx configurator but kept getting either error messages when loading the game (system32/dx related) or the game would load but the screenshots would look the same...  

• Cool 1

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles

2 hours ago, Lord_Zath said:

Tried messing around with this but couldn't get the preset to load.  Tried installing sweetfx configurator but kept getting either error messages when loading the game (system32/dx related) or the game would load but the screenshots would look the same...  

PM me

[TNG-D]
Members
269 posts
8,250 battles

I've been using SweetFX/Reshade for a while now (WOT days) and it does make a world of difference. 

Those of you with Nvidia cards should also read this... Dont use the SweetFX/Reshade link at the end of the link, it does not work anymore.

[TNG-D]
Members
269 posts
8,250 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 4:53 PM, Lord_Zath said:

SweetFX/Reshade is broken, it stopped working a couple updates ago.

Edited by 2575dave
  • Cool 1

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
14 hours ago, 2575dave said:

SweetFX is broken, it stopped working a couple updates ago.

Stopped working for those who went to dx11, still works if you are using dx9

[TNG-D]
Members
269 posts
8,250 battles
On 9/11/2017 at 1:36 PM, Rickster1998 said:

Stopped working for those who went to dx11, still works if you are using dx9

I see, thank you for clarifying that.

I hope SweetFX/Reshade are working on an update for dx11. That would Truly look epic.

Ill leave a request with them and see if maybe theres something in the works.

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
8 hours ago, 2575dave said:

I see, thank you for clarifying that.

I hope SweetFX/Reshade are working on an update for dx11. That would Truly look epic.

Ill leave a request with them and see if maybe theres something in the works.

SweetFX and Reshade are different.

Also, reshade does work for DX11, That is what we are using right now. Lol:Smile-_tongue:

Edited by Rickster1998

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,826 battles
1 minute ago, Rickster1998 said:

When you both install SweetFx then install Reshade on top of it, Reshade will be used and in Reshade config window, it recognize SweetFx as a SFX. In fact, the sweetfx we used long ago is just another distribution of an old reshade version

• Cool 1

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
1 minute ago, leehwongxing said:

When you both install SweetFx then install Reshade on top of it, Reshade will be used and in Reshade config window, it recognize SweetFx as a SFX. In fact, the sweetfx we used long ago is just another distribution of an old reshade version

Really? Didn't know that. I do not have sweetfx on mine at all.

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,826 battles

It happen when I first change to Reshade without clearing up the sweetfx files. I screw up my coloring config a lot then I decided to do a fresh install for the client. Then I use only Reshade until now

• Cool 1

[TNG-D]
Members
269 posts
8,250 battles
On 9/12/2017 at 10:38 PM, Rickster1998 said:

Also, reshade does work for DX11, That is what we are using right now. Lol:Smile-_tongue:

I know there different, I told you already they do not work! I dont need you to tell me that!

Also SweetFX AND Reshade dont work for dx11 so no one is using them right now! :Smile_facepalm:

Edited by 2575dave

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
3 minutes ago, 2575dave said:

I know there differend and I told you already they do not work! I dont need you to tell me that!

Also SweetFX AND Reshade dont work for dx11 so no one is using them right now! :Smile_facepalm:

:Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm::Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,826 battles

Oi sweet heart, lemme tell you that SweetFx 2.0 still work to some degree, even on DX11 with the lastest Reshade. Modified it abit to get it to "work" with a lot of bugs and errors

DiR3LsO.png
Only SweetFX active

WYdNRB0.png
All disabled

ftwcuS1.png
The current one i'm using without SweetFx

That's why we're using Reshade and porting SweetFx preset instead of reviving it

Edited by leehwongxing
  • Cool 1

[TNG-D]
Members
269 posts
8,250 battles
On 9/13/2017 at 11:12 PM, leehwongxing said:

Oi sweet heart, lemme tell you that SweetFx 2.0 still work to some degree, even on DX11 with the lastest Reshade. Modified it abit to get it to "work" with a lot of bugs and errors

DiR3LsO.png
Only SweetFX active

WYdNRB0.png
All disabled

ftwcuS1.png
The current one i'm using without SweetFx

That's why we're using Reshade and porting SweetFx preset instead of reviving it

First..  Dont call me sweet heart.

Second... Wheres the "how to" guide?  

SweetFX/Reshade is broken untell they "FIX" it with an update. Because Porting a modified version with some bugs and errors is not acceptable.

Edited by 2575dave

[TAZZ]
Members
56 posts
2,865 battles
2 hours ago, 2575dave said:

Second... Wheres the "how to band-aid"?  

Let me tell you.. SweetFX Reshade is broken untell they "FIX" it with an update. Because Porting a modified version with some bugs and errors is not acceptable.

:Smile_facepalm: Start reshade, show it the wows exe then click the button for dx10+

[CYKA]
Members
847 posts
4,826 battles
2 hours ago, 2575dave said:

Second... Wheres the "how to band-aid"?  

Let me tell you.. SweetFX Reshade is broken untell they "FIX" it with an update. Because Porting a modified version with some bugs and errors is not acceptable.

SweetFx is dead with the introduction of Reshade 2.0. there's no fix, no update, ever. :Smile_facepalm:

SweetFx is just an distribution of Reshade 1.1 and is a part of it, nearly all SweetFx filters are already available on Reshade that why porting the preset is possible while taking an outdated SweetFx is out of question. :fish_palm:

• Cool 1