You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Wingslinger

Invible Camos

15 comments in this topic

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles

Anyone else disappointed to see (or not see?) that these camos like 'Sci-Fi Space' and 'Back-2-School' don't appear when you mount them?  Effort was put in to win these, and the benes are great, but it sure would be nice to see what they look like.  As it is, I'm having to burn through them and will never know.  Bummer.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,871 posts
13,382 battles

I can see them OK when I mount them maybe you have a bug of some sort.

UVIsfUY.jpg

rIMsVUC.jpg

Edited by Camo68

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles
1 hour ago, Cruiser_Noshiro said:

Do you have the disable camo mod on...?

Not sure what this is.  In-game or like Aslain's modpacks?  This happens every once in a while with special camos.  But FTW and others show up fine, so I don't think anything's disabled.

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles

Not sure if this is part of the same problem, but I have an IJN CA.  In port, it says Takao, which it has been since I earned it last year.  It's not blue anymore, which I kinda miss, but I think that was part of an earlier update.  In port, there's no option to add camo.  It always had its own unique permanent camo, and if I recall correctly, got a 50 percent XP bonus for it.  Now when I take it into battle, it shows up on the team roster as an Atago.  The interface identifies me as an Atago in the lower left.  I explained this in public chat at the start of the last battle, and players on both teams told me I'm identified to them as a Takao.  After the battle, the Personal Score and Team Score pages identify my ship as Atago.  The Credits and XP page identifies me as Takao, but then gives me no camo bonus.  Again, I have no in-port option to add any camo.  So what's going on here?  Would prefer not to play it til this all gets straightened out.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
15 minutes ago, Wingslinger said:

In port, it says Takao, which it has been since I earned it last year.  It's not blue anymore, which I kinda miss, but I think that was part of an earlier update.  In port, there's no option to add camo.  It always had its own unique permanent camo, and if I recall correctly, got a 50 percent XP bonus for it.  Now when I take it into battle, it shows up on the team roster as an Atago.

OMG! That's because it is an ARP ship; camo doesn't show up on them, only their ARP camo when you have the ARP display toggled.

(and who wants a ship that is the same color as an orange?)

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles
27 minutes ago, Umikami said:

OMG! That's because it is an ARP ship; camo doesn't show up on them, only their ARP camo when you have the ARP display toggled.

(and who wants a ship that is the same color as an orange?)

Yes, I know the ARP camo no longer shows up.  "ARP display toggled"?  I only know of the carousel toggle to list or not list ARP ships.  Had to turn that on in order to select the Takao (I don't have an Atago).  Is there some other toggle I'm not thinking of? (wouldn't surprise me; been at this 20 hours straight now.  Haven't done that since I was a corgi).  Someone in-game also mentioned I had some setting either on or off, but I checked all my settings and camo isn't listed.  Still, why the different simultaneous IDs of Takao and Atago?

[PROJX]
Members
967 posts
15,479 battles
13 hours ago, Wingslinger said:

Yes, I know the ARP camo no longer shows up.  "ARP display toggled"?  I only know of the carousel toggle to list or not list ARP ships.  Had to turn that on in order to select the Takao (I don't have an Atago).  Is there some other toggle I'm not thinking of? (wouldn't surprise me; been at this 20 hours straight now.  Haven't done that since I was a corgi).  Someone in-game also mentioned I had some setting either on or off, but I checked all my settings and camo isn't listed.  Still, why the different simultaneous IDs of Takao and Atago?

Yes, in the same UI - the small gears in the lower right corner of your port where you enable/disable filtering of your ARP ships - next to the selection options is a small "eye" icon - you need to click on this to enable the original ARP cammo (& the ARP captains) to be viewed.   With the eye unclicked, you'll see a naked Kongo or Myoko and your captain will be a normal IJN Captain.  If you click the eye, you'll reenable the ARP cammo & the Hentai captains.

You can't put any other cammo on these ships, but you can see the originals.

Edited by hangglide42

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

If it's an ARP ship you can't put camo on them, even if you disabled seeing their regular camo.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
2 hours ago, Wingslinger said:

Still, why the different simultaneous IDs of Takao and Atago?

Takao is the ARP version of Atago, a ship which you cannot put camo on.

[HINON]
Supertester
18,947 posts
12,460 battles

Check your filters, bottom right of port screen.

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 9:03 AM, Lert said:

Check your filters, bottom right of port screen.

This filter only selects/deselects ARP and Dragon ships.  It has nothing to do with whether or not camo is displayed.  Unless there's some secret switch somewhere that I'm not familiar with.

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 6:22 AM, Umikami said:

Takao is the ARP version of Atago, a ship which you cannot put camo on.

Yes, I know this.  I wasn't trying to put camo on.  I was saying it's not possible. Did anybody actually read what I wrote/asked?  Did my best to outline the issue.

[OGF]
Members
452 posts
18,597 battles
On 9/10/2017 at 6:10 AM, hangglide42 said:

Yes, in the same UI - the small gears in the lower right corner of your port where you enable/disable filtering of your ARP ships - next to the selection options is a small "eye" icon - you need to click on this to enable the original ARP cammo (& the ARP captains) to be viewed.   With the eye unclicked, you'll see a naked Kongo or Myoko and your captain will be a normal IJN Captain.  If you click the eye, you'll reenable the ARP cammo & the Hentai captains.

You can't put any other cammo on these ships, but you can see the originals.

Did anybody read my explanation?  I'm getting no camo bonus.  Did you see that part?  Is there a way to enable the damn camo without enabling the irritating-as-intercourse panicky Japanese schoolgirls?  I mean wth anyway!