You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
crzyhawk

chat bans

28 comments in this topic

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles

How long do they last?  I've never had one before.

• Cool 1

[O7]
Supertest Coordinator, Supertester
6,387 posts
7,341 battles
33 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

How long do they last?  I've never had one before.

You got chat banned? rip.

I saw you earlier today and it was all good lol

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,020 posts
11,539 battles
22 minutes ago, Zakuul said:

You got chat banned? rip.

I saw you earlier today and it was all good lol

yeah I had it coming.  Guy in an Orion went and hid behind an island and left me to defend our base against two Orions and an Isokaze, with my Konig Albert.  I almost sank one of the Orions, but the fires were real.  I let him know what I thought of his playstyle lol.  Totally deserved the ban.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles

I get chat banned all the time. 24 hours. If you get chat banned a second time in roughly the same week it's I think 72 hours. 

If someone suicides their ship in less than three minutes claiming they were going after the objective and the only reason I'm still alive is because I'm selfishly farming damage and therefore they are the team player and I'm not, I will give them the verbal spanking they deserve. If I get chat banned, so be it.

I have no problem with someone making a mistake that led to an early exit, it happens to all of us. The moment they start spending the rest of the match blaming everyone else is the moment the gloves come off. I have zero tolerance for people who won't take personal accountability and make it even worse by wrongfully accusing others behind the safety blanket of anonymity. They are low life cowards. And people only ever play the "it's just a game" card when trying to rationalize poor behavior as if digital communication affords them the luxury to be an evil pr$#k because they don't have to worry about consequences. 

The game would be so much better if chat was disabled when a player sinks. You lose the ability to ping the map when you sink, so it's just an extention of that. 

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
5 minutes ago, VGLance said:

I get chat banned all the time. 24 hours. If you get chat banned a second time in roughly the same week it's I think 72 hours. 

If someone suicides their ship in less than three minutes claiming they were going after the objective and the only reason I'm still alive is because I'm selfishly farming damage and therefore they are the team player and I'm not, I will give them the verbal spanking they deserve. If I get chat banned, so be it.

I have no problem with someone making a mistake that led to an early exit, it happens to all of us. The moment they start spending the rest of the match blaming everyone else is the moment the gloves come off. I have zero tolerance for people who won't take personal accountability and make it even worse by wrongfully accusing others behind the safety blanket of anonymity. They are low life cowards. And people only ever play the "it's just a game" card when trying to rationalize poor behavior as if digital communication affords them the luxury to be an evil pr$#k because they don't have to worry about consequences. 

The game would be so much better if chat was disabled when a player sinks. You lose the ability to ping the map when you sink, so it's just an extention of that. 

I know what you want to say better than you do. Hehe.

More seriously, I like that idea: that chat's disabled for people who're sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

[OO7]
Members
2,229 posts
9,694 battles
33 minutes ago, Elegant_Winter said:

More seriously, I like that idea: that chat's disabled for people who're sinking to the bottom of the ocean.

The former is a pretty bold statement. I'd say care to elaborate but I'm sure I don't want to get into an infinite loop with someone who makes claims they are unwilling to come out of the safety blanket of anonymity to back. 

As for the latter, the majority of toxicity in game begins with people losing their ships and blaming everyone for it so I think it would be a net benefit to disable chat. Besides, it's just more realistic. 

• Cool 3

Members
5,579 posts
3,952 battles
40 minutes ago, VGLance said:

As for the latter, the majority of toxicity in game begins with people losing their ships and blaming everyone for it so I think it would be a net benefit to disable chat. Besides, it's just more realistic. 

Agree.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 hour ago, VGLance said:

The game would be so much better if chat was disabled when a player sinks.

Could not possibly agree more; toxic dead players add nothing to the gaming experience and are often unhelpful and detrimental.

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,505 posts
6,666 battles

There are two toxic 'risk' periods in chat, one is just at the start of the match, the other when someone dies. Chat should be disabled at the start of the match for everyone for the first 3 minutes (excepting within divisions and clans, excepting map pings and function key commands). When a person sinks their ability to use chat should sink with them too.

[4HIM]
Members
1,714 posts
3,893 battles

Dunno, I have had some useful advice in chat from a sunken team mate.  Most times what I see post sinking are just some idle chat.  What bugs me more are people spamming the chat keys at the start.  That's annoying, and basically gets me to tune out the chat during the game.  Couple times I've seen people blame others for their being sunk.  A few times it's been almost justified (player calling out the rest of the team for all being bunched up hiding behind an island). 

Then again, I play in the Romper Room tiers.  So it's probably different in the real world.  So take what I say with a spoon full of potato soup.

[INTEL]
Members
8,438 posts
25,312 battles

Yeah, although in principle I agree with VGLance, I have found dead players watching to be useful sources of advice, preventing me from being an idiot on more than one occasion. 

• Cool 1

[RKN]
Members
1,424 posts
11,810 battles
2 hours ago, VGLance said:

If you get chat banned a second time in roughly the same week it's I think 72 hours.

Its only ever 24 hours.

[4HIM]
Members
1,714 posts
3,893 battles
4 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Yeah, although in principle I agree with VGLance, I have found dead players watching to be useful sources of advice, preventing me from being an idiot on more than one occasion. 

After I am sunk (which happens more often than not) I may hang out and try to help any way I can.  Unless the rest of the team is just hiding at the back of the map.  In that case I just exit to port and grab another ship. 

[TASH]
Members
4,995 posts
7,918 battles

If you get a message that says "banned by complaints," it's always 24 hours no matter how many you get.  Those are a product of the player-driven whine karma system.

If you got an email message from WG saying you were suspended from chat, then it lasts however long the message says it will.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[PNP]
Members
4,314 posts
13,313 battles

Automated Chat Bans are 24hrs.  I love'em.. I strive to get one as soon as my current one is up.. it's a fun game, how long to get a ban after your current one is up.

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles

When I got my first chat ban (and last hopefully) I tried to use the quick commands to get my message through which was hilarious to my div mates. What's weird is that even if you get chat banned, you can't type in your own division chat.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
11,337 battles
5 hours ago, crzyhawk said:

yeah I had it coming.  Guy in an Orion went and hid behind an island and left me to defend our base against two Orions and an Isokaze, with my Konig Albert.  I almost sank one of the Orions, but the fires were real.  I let him know what I thought of his playstyle lol.  Totally deserved the ban.

Gave you a +1 because I have never seen someone admit they had it coming. 

It's usually a rant about how F WG, F Chatbans, I didn't deserve it, etc.

I think it only a 24h ban, though it might be like pink time, increasing with each time you get one.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 hours ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

Dunno, I have had some useful advice in chat from a sunken team mate.

I have also; unfortunately for every helpful soul out there it seems like there are 9 more ready to be ... unhelpful in any number of ways, and dying relieves them of anything else to do except post in chat. Sometimes it is nothing more than clogging up the chat channel with, ... well, ... chat that has little or nothing to do with the match, other times it is just completely over the top ranting and drama. Once you no longer are able to influence a match, you should be unable to kibitz one too.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Useful to know, although with how I am, unless someone is really salty, it's not likely to happen to me.

Heck I still haven't gone pink yet.

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I'm simply not the type of player to hurl blame about and my ego can handle a lot of harsh criticism, so I don't mind being told when I've done something stupid.  Most of the time I will stick around after I've been sunk to watch the rest of the match.  Comments I make as part of the "underwater audience" are short and complementary like "nice drop CV", "good shooting CA", or "WOW nice dodge on those torps".  I'll often get a "thks", or "lol" in response, and I don't think I comment often enough to distract and have never been asked to hush up.

I can see the logic in silencing players who have been sunk, but I think if I was forced into silence after being deleted I'd be less likely to feel a sense of being part of a team.  Good teamwork seems to be a large factor in winning matches and there is already are enough factors in the game that discourage working together.  Just my two cents.

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles
7 hours ago, Elegant_Winter said:

I would rather heed the advice of a dead 70% player than not. As I can always learn or get better than my current 56%

However if your below 48% not sure I want to hear that :)

If your dead feel free to spectate my ship and call targets for me or incoming danger.

Edited by Rilak