Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
mistermark

Permanent Damage Statistic

4 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
5,351 battles

I would like to have a stat which shows me how much permanent (un-repaired) damage I do, such that if I cause a fire and do 10,000K I will see 10,000K and when that 8,000K gets repaired, then I will see my number go down to 2,000K. In a German BB, throwing around AP, I tend to not do a lot of damage per game, but the damage I do is mostly non-repairable to cruisers which either kills them outright or makes them easy pickings for my team-mates....versus a flame thrower HE ship which does two or three times the damage to BBs which might all get repaired and have no real impact on the outcome of the game. If the target repairs damage from 2 or 3 sources, then we each would get a proportionate reduction in our "Permanent Damage" indicators.  I believe one (or more) of the the British BBs can heal 40% of damage per Damage Control consumable, so with 5 damage control activities, it's possible to do enough fire damage to kill it twice over and still it's just fine, vs hitting it's citadels with AP and permanently reducing it's health by 50%...there should be a stat to demonstrate this difference.

Edited by mistermark

[O7]
Members
4,921 posts
8,785 battles

I can see your point, but you make it sound like he damage is pointless. Forcing ships to burn heals and/or flee is buying your team advantage in fights. 

Members
10 posts
5,351 battles

HE damage and fire damage are very valuable and can be a game changer if it's not repaired....currently there is no way to tell the difference between doing 15K in fire damage to 3 different camping ships that hang on the 20km border who repair themselves quickly and 15K to a single brawler who becomes so weak from the fire damage that he is easily taken out by a team-mate or forced to retreat from a vital cap zone, thus loosing the game (before he repairs).

• Cool 1

Members
1,780 posts
5,643 battles

Having information about another ships repairs is not something you should know. It would be an unfair advantage.

Sign in to follow this