Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
icehaddock

Should I play carriers

14 comments in this topic

[NASTY]
Members
105 posts
5,240 battles

Hello fellow captains.

I've now played WOWS for over 20 months.  But never played carrier.  I've watched few videos but that's it.

I considered carriers to be both the most difficult ship to master but also the THE MOST important ship in the game.  

I've seen what good carriers players can do and I have also seen what happens when you have not so good carrier captain on your team.

I hate the idea to let the my team down but I also don't like the idea to practice in COOP.  

Any suggestions????

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,722 posts
11,337 battles

Do you wanna play CVs? If yes then do, if no then don't, simple.

Just stick with the t4s for a while, I think you can start with those in randoms and learn there.  But when you get to t6, go to coop and practice manual drops and strafes (which are turned of for t4/5)

[DOOP]
Members
856 posts
2,435 battles

Ive really been toying with the idea myself, as soon as work allows.

Look up Fara's guides on CV play, and you might find enlightenment.

[TF16B]
Members
8,064 posts
17,019 battles
5 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Do you wanna play CVs? If yes then do, if no then don't, simple.

Just stick with the t4s for a while, I think you can start with those in randoms and learn there.  But when you get to t6, go to coop and practice manual drops and strafes (which are turned of for t4/5)

What Wuff said...Figure everything out in co-op before you even try randoms; then if you choose to go into T6 and up; go back to co-op and figure out Strafe and manual drops.

Members
474 posts
8,404 battles

I play a CV, not as my main but I just got research to my Midway, so I have had my toe dipped shall we say.   I do say one should play a carrier in at least to better understand the class.  Learn what other ships do to make you hate them, and do what you've seen done to you, to make them hate you. :)  It also helps you see tactics that ships use to counter you.  That being said, with the changes to lower tier, I can understand it'llt ake a while to really learn the ships, with manual aim and drop.  if you are willing to handle more squadrons at once, go IJN.  For they are better.  Hands down, better.  But if you want to play the underdog, see why the US isn't as good, but can be okay, play the US line, just my word of advice... always play some build that gives you fighters.  But that is my personal bias advice.

Members
9,868 posts

After seeing the Sky cancer that the current mission has generated, and shamefully participating in it myself I can unequivocally state.....Never again.

Until next time. :Smile_teethhappy: 

Members
819 posts
3,823 battles

I say go for it, The best practice is to play the real thing in randoms. I wouldn't worry about offending your team mates though, these days you get flak just for existing, so you kinda learn to roll with it and go about your business.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles

GreyFox's check list of Carrier Qualifications 

1. Can you take verbal and emotional abuse: Yes or No

There are the qualifications for using a carrier.

Members
566 posts
1,461 battles
12 hours ago, GreyFox78659 said:

The endless cycle of hate from both teammates and foes at every corner. :fish_boom:

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
4,521 battles
1 hour ago, Fuyukaze said:

The endless cycle of hate from both teammates and foes at every corner. :fish_boom:

My Destroyer qualification form is  not much different.

Can you take verbal or emotional abuse? Yes or no

Do you like the color pink? Yes or no

• Cool 1

Members
2,210 posts
4,051 battles
On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 0:14 PM, GreyFox78659 said:

While fun to talk about the truth is that you rarely get "Abused" outside of the times you deserve it. I did not hear a full on rant until Lexington and it was my fault. As a disclaimer though I consider "[Edit] you CV" friendly banter from a red ship I just sunk and or strafed their planes from the sky; even in full caps. 

What you will often hear especially when learning or under performing is unsolicited advice given in a less then friendly manner. There been times that I have genuinely was trying to be helpful but had to follow up with "Not trying to be mean" statements because what I was saying sounded more insulting than intended.

If you communicate even when the game is going bad your karma will go up.

[M_L]
[M_L]
Beta Testers
321 posts
8,831 battles

I had a poor game (by my standards) in my Kaga and got a clan invite. So I'd say expecting the unexpected is the most important things for carrier captains.  

Sign in to follow this