You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Squall_line

mass detonations

95 comments in this topic

[ORDER]
Members
17 posts
10,416 battles

I have been getting more and more detonations suddenly, usually 1 a day now for the past 2-3 weeks or so. I used to be at like 1 a month on average. I have just quit the game, having received 3 today, 2 back-to-back. I have also seen a big uptick in them in general. Did WG change something? Something I'm not aware of? And yes, I know there is a flag for it, I used to never worry about them because it was so rare. Any info would be appreciated.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts

First I seen any complaints on this. The usual normally apply. I have not experienced it but don't mean it can't happen. I do use the Flags so maybe that is what your experiencing.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,335 posts
9,424 battles

I had three detonations in FIVE missions while I was divisioned up with two others.

All three in my new Missouri (at the time).

Soooo...   Revamp the upgrade - slot one -- take the third mag protect choice in ALL battleships and cruisers.  Use flags in DDs.  CVs don't need it.

Always use flags when the mission is important..  like when using special camo or dragon flags and don't want to lose the investment.

Take note that Detonations and TKs are turned off in Scenario battles..

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles

They haven't changed mechanics at all.

Honestly, sometimes you're the windshield - sometimes you're the bug.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles

hey look a detonation thread.... been a whole few minutes since we had one of these.....:Smile_sceptic:

• Cool 5

Members
660 posts
4,258 battles
20 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

hey look a detonation thread.... been a whole few minutes since we had one of these.....:Smile_sceptic:

It's almost like a significant amount of players find this mechanic terrible. 

• Cool 4

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles
1 minute ago, DJ_PON3_ZaNe said:

Why not use those flags you get from detonating?

why do that when you can come here and complain about a less than 2% chance of getting blow'd up..... LESS THAN TWO EFFING PERCENT.....??? [edited]

• Cool 1

Members
617 posts
7,275 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

why do that when you can come here and complain about a less than 2% chance of getting blow'd up..... LESS THAN TWO EFFING PERCENT.....??? [edited]

No need to get mad...
Just trying to help :/

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles
Just now, Rocketpacman said:

It's almost like a significant amount of players find this mechanic terrible. 

a handful is significant????

Ah I see, I think less people have an issue with it than it has a chance to happen to you...... but hey, thats just me and this is just a game....

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles

7,119 games......

82 detonations......

1.1518471695463% 

yeah THAT is an issue....:Smile_smile:

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,169 posts
8,785 battles
2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

Ah I see, I think less people have an issue with it than it has a chance to happen to you...... but hey, thats just me and this is just a game....

This, every time someone has put up a poll on it the remove them party is always the smallest.

Members
660 posts
4,258 battles
2 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

The fact that some sort of detonation topic pops up every few days should indicate that there are a lot more than a handful of players who dislike this mechanic. 

Indeed it is just a game. Why should people not want the game improved? 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
43 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I had three detonations in FIVE missions while I was divisioned up with two others.

All three in my new Missouri (at the time).

Soooo...   Revamp the upgrade - slot one -- take the third mag protect choice in ALL battleships and cruisers.  Use flags in DDs.  CVs don't need it.

Always use flags when the mission is important..  like when using special camo or dragon flags and don't want to lose the investment.

Take note that Detonations and TKs are turned off in Scenario battles..

They sure aren't in Co-op, I've been detonated 6 days straight, all in a DD. It's hard enough to run a DD in co-op as it is. Just got today's det, in Ognevoi. It sure wasn't Fun and Engaging™ for myself, nor my team. That's my issue with it, not only do you waste whatever flags, camo, and consumables you're using, it adversely affects the team.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles
Just now, Rocketpacman said:

The fact that some sort of detonation topic pops up every few days should indicate that there are a lot more than a handful of players who dislike this mechanic. 

I repeat.....

1.1518471695463%

those people need to stop crying 

about a less than 2% chance and just play.... you will get killed more by ANY OTHER MEANS than DET   what a crock....

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles
1 minute ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

They sure aren't in Co-op, I've been detonated 6 days straight, all in a DD. It's hard enough to run a DD in co-op as it is. Just got today's det, in Ognevoi. It sure wasn't Fun and Engaging™ for myself, nor my team. That's my issue with it, not only do you waste whatever flags, camo, and consumables you're using, it adversely affects the team.

#1 I thought you quit MONTHS AGO...

#2 Coop..... means nothing....

#3  run a flag and it does not happen.... 100% chance of not being det means ZERO chance it happens.... run the flag not the mouth...

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
2 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

A significant portion of the base wants them out of the game, they sure don't improve the game in any way. The only impact they have is a negative one. I truly don't understand why WG keeps them in the game.

• Cool 1

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles
1 minute ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

A significant portion of the base wants them out of the game, they sure don't improve the game in any way. The only impact they have is a negative one. I truly don't understand why WG keeps them in the game.

the same reason they keep you around I guess...
to fill the coop void...

[ARRGG]
Members
4,674 posts
7,503 battles
1 hour ago, Squall_line said:

I have been getting more and more detonations suddenly, usually 1 a day now for the past 2-3 weeks or so. I used to be at like 1 a month on average. I have just quit the game, having received 3 today, 2 back-to-back. I have also seen a big uptick in them in general. Did WG change something? Something I'm not aware of? And yes, I know there is a flag for it, I used to never worry about them because it was so rare. Any info would be appreciated.

In over 5000 games mostly Cruisers Ive only been Detonated about 10 times ..no idea what's going on with you ... is it just 1 ship this happens ... that sucks

Members
660 posts
4,258 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

I repeat.....

1.1518471695463%

those people need to stop crying 

about a less than 2% chance and just play.... you will get killed more by ANY OTHER MEANS than DET   what a crock....

That's just a dodge. A very low chance of a terrible mechanic having an impact on your game does not make the mechanic any less terrible. This also ignores the fact that while you personally may only detonate at that rate the chance of detonations impacting your game via other players is a lot higher. 

Let's say there was a 1% chance that every time a player in baseball got up to bat he was immediately ruled out after the first strike. Would you really suggest that people should just stop crying and play instead of getting that terrible rule changed? 

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,742 posts
7,373 battles
1 minute ago, Rocketpacman said:

That's just a dodge. A very low chance of a terrible mechanic having an impact on your game does not make the mechanic any less terrible. This also ignores the fact that while you personally may only detonate at that rate the chance of detonations impacting your game via other players is a lot higher. 

Let's say there was a 1% chance that every time a player in baseball got up to bat he was immediately ruled out after the first strike. Would you really suggest that people should just stop crying and play instead of getting that terrible rule changed? 

ZING!

A mechanic that we have zero chance against, and can only mitigate by getting shafted by the mechanic, is absurdly stupid. Honestly, it's insulting.

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,324 battles
4 minutes ago, Rocketpacman said:

we should remove Devastating strikes..... they happen FAR more often and are ruining the game negatively......
that might sound stupid.... cause this topic does as well,......

I have nothing further to say cause I don't feel like wasting time trying to coddle you snowflakes....

gKciyUo.jpg

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 3