You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Zergling

free xp the monarch

46 comments in this topic

Members
304 posts
3,565 battles

finishing up the monarch grind, and imo probably the worst ship in the whole line. do your self and your stats a favor and free xp the ship if you can.

It's basically a worse version of the KGV but moved up a tier... the only improvement is the slightly bigger 381m guns, but the HE fire chance is almost 10% lower, and AP is still mediocre. The stock range is atrocious, and to be useful in half the t10 matches you have to spam your spotter plane. stock hull is such a meme , and even when you upgrade you still only have a measly 60k hp. It's almost impossible to carry games because its so hard to dev strike cruisers, you cant out duel BBs cuz the ap performance is so lackluster against angled targets, and you have to show so much broadside to shoot your back turret.

waste of time, now I have to grind back my lost WR and WTR  

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
2 minutes ago, Pata1985 said:

Queen E. is pretty bad too.

what

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
Just now, Pata1985 said:

yep, few matches, wasnt impressed.

Ok.  Not that playing "few matches" and possibly un-upgraded is enough to judge...

Seriously, if you like playing battleships at all, you don't know what you're missing, and you don't ever have to fire a shot of HE.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles
15 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

Ok.  Not that playing "few matches" and possibly un-upgraded is enough to judge...

Seriously, if you like playing battleships at all, you don't know what you're missing, and you don't ever have to fire a shot of HE.

fully upgraded and more than decent capt on her, I am a BB player mainly, not impressed, it is my PERSONAL opinion.

Edited by Pata1985

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
Just now, Pata1985 said:

fully upgrades and more than decent capt on her, I am a BB player mainly, not impressed, it is my PERSONAL opinion.

That's fine, no argument there.  That doesn't mean the QE itself is bad, as you originally said.

Members
3,293 posts
7,966 battles
37 minutes ago, _Zergling said:

finishing up the monarch grind, and imo probably the worst ship in the whole line. do your self and your stats a favor and free xp the ship if you can.

It's basically a worse version of the KGV but moved up a tier... the only improvement is the slightly bigger 381m guns, but the HE fire chance is almost 10% lower, and AP is still mediocre. The stock range is atrocious, and to be useful in half the t10 matches you have to spam your spotter plane. stock hull is such a meme , and even when you upgrade you still only have a measly 60k hp. It's almost impossible to carry games because its so hard to dev strike cruisers, you cant out duel BBs cuz the ap performance is so lackluster against angled targets, and you have to show so much broadside to shoot your back turret.

I play mine upgraded and with a trained commander.

To say Monarch is a worse version of KGV could be construed to suggest that KGV isn't the best T7 BB in the game, which she is. Monarch also has the best T8 BB concealment in the game by a full kilometer. Granted Monarch is a bit of a dip in the road coming from KGV but hardly terrible and certainly not worth bypassing with free XP. 

You say "you cant out duel BBs cuz the ap performance is so lackluster against angled targets," but that's what 35% fire chance HE is for!  If you can't figure out how to make her work in a brawl then don't get yourself into brawling postions. You also complain "you have to show so much broadside to shoot your back turret."  Well, that's how BBs in general are to a large extent.  

Someone pass the cheese plate, please. 

Edited by lemekillmister
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,716 posts
7,354 battles
24 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

QE is definitely not a bad ship. Perhaps he simply can't get a feel for her?

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,716 posts
7,354 battles
3 minutes ago, lemekillmister said:

I play mine upgraded and with a trained commander.

To say Monarch is a worse version of KGV could be construed to suggest that KGV isn't the best T7 BB in the game, which she is. Monarch also has the best T8 BB concealment in the game by a full kilometer. Granted that Monarch is a bit of letdown coming from KGV but hardly terrible and certainly not worth bypassing with free XP. 

You say "you cant out duel BBs cuz the ap performance is so lackluster against angled targets," but that's what 35% fire chance HE is for!  If you can't figure out how to make her work in a brawl then don't get yourself into brawling postions. You also complain "you have to show so much broadside to shoot your back turret."  Well, that's how BBs in general are to a large extent.  

Someone pass the cheese plate, please. 

And fill up my wine gla...

Oh wait, right, that's been dealt with.:cap_old:

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
16 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

QE is definitely not a bad ship. Perhaps he simply can't get a feel for her?

I love the Warspite, and the Queenie isn't that much worse, but I got the same impression.  I think it's mostly the fact that the Iron Duke is an absolute monster; so much so that the Queenie feels worse than it actually is.

[INTEL]
Members
8,407 posts
25,228 battles
14 hours ago, DerKrampus said:

I love the Warspite, and the Queenie isn't that much worse, but I got the same impression.  I think it's mostly the fact that the Iron Duke is an absolute monster; so much so that the Queenie feels worse than it actually is.

I played all three. I thought QE was mediocre and KGV awful, while Monarch the worst of the UK BBs. Did them all with 19 pt captain. I fully concur with the advice: free XP past Monarch if you can.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
3,788 posts
1 hour ago, _Zergling said:

Thank god Monarch isn't the only version of KGV in the game, the way the Nelson fanboys wanted!

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles

people who play ONLY COOP, should get their own section of the forum so their comments are not misunderstood as useful.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Edited by pmgaudio
  • Cool 1

[NBGC]
Members
3,041 posts
10,248 battles
20 minutes ago, pmgaudio said:

people who play ONLY COOP, should get their own section of the forum so their comments are not misunderstood as useful.....:Smile_teethhappy:

34600452.jpg

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,297 battles
8 minutes ago, Goodwood_Alpha said:

34600452.jpg

he wont take the bait.... he ignores me after calling him out for rage quitting then coming back to the forums to comment on the game while playing only COOP... LOL...

Spoiler

(slowly reels in a little line and twitches the bait just a little)

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,266 battles
1 hour ago, DerKrampus said:

I love my Warspite but found QE to be meh, yeah handles like Warspite, or rather the old Warspite, but it's AP is what kills the experience for me. Warspite was great because it had very powerful guns. QE has low fire chance (for an RN BB) and it's AP pen is very meh, on top of the short fuse shells.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
2 hours ago, Prkl8r said:

I love my Warspite but found QE to be meh, yeah handles like Warspite, or rather the old Warspite, but it's AP is what kills the experience for me. Warspite was great because it had very powerful guns. QE has low fire chance (for an RN BB) and it's AP pen is very meh, on top of the short fuse shells.

I thought QE was supposed to have the same AP rounds as Warspite?

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,266 battles
45 minutes ago, DerKrampus said:

I thought QE was supposed to have the same AP rounds as Warspite?

Nah, there was a pen value sheet somewhere around here showing that the QE has less pen than the Warspite, and the Warspite doesn't have the short fuse while the QE does.

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
1 minute ago, Prkl8r said:

Nah, there was a pen value sheet somewhere around here showing that the QE has less pen than the Warspite, and the Warspite doesn't have the short fuse while the QE does.

Ah, that might explain it, then.  S'gonna be a long grind...

Beta Testers
494 posts
1,266 battles
Just now, DerKrampus said:

Ah, that might explain it, then.  S'gonna be a long grind...

Found it.

Spoiler

bCsvMFs.png

• Cool 1

[-VT3-]
Members
1,606 posts
3,346 battles
1 hour ago, Prkl8r said:

Found it.

Reveal hidden contents

bCsvMFs.png

Good info.

Ironically, the few battles I've had in the Queenie appear to have averaged out to around 81K.  That means that objectively speaking, I'm handling it better than I do the Warspite.  it just doesn't feel like it when I'm playing.  XD