You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Skyline_Catcher

Follow up on the PayPal Pack purchase (seriously WG??)

38 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles

OK, i posted about the PayPal Pack i purchased and I said i was not pleased by the fact they added restrictions to the Battle Mission after I made the purchase. And the free 30 day premium time is no good to me since i have more premium time then I would probably actually play this game. I updated my ticket and demanded a refund. Here is a follow up:

WG has finally answered to my ticket again today and CHANGED the status to "answered".

However, it seems they totally ignored the fact that I do not want any (language) more premium times and was demanding a refund.

Clearly they think by "stated that the PayPal Pack Mission - Tier VIII was for all ships Tier VIII and above, while it was actually only for Premium Ships Atago, Tirpitz, Mikhail Kutuzov", it should totally justify the fact they false advertised the product and added restriction to the bonus after people have purchased the product. NO wg, NO! I don't know how else i can explain this to you but this seems to be the most common common logic, that WHEN you sell something, you should deliver the exact thing as described.

I know some of you guys here might want to defend the company and say "oh but they gave you free premium time". But isn't that like tricking people to purchase the premium time they didn't intended to purchase? Am I over reacting here? Should I just take whatever WG gives out and look other way? 

Anyway, I hope by reopening the ticket, they could finally make the right decision and refund me the money.

Edited: the fact they gave premium time instead of doubloons or something like a bunch of dragon signals says a lot about how much they were really sorry about the incident  

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

Edited by MKzhou

[-WTP-]
[-WTP-]
Members
473 posts
5,444 battles

Got the same response. I'm honestly dumbfounded...Definitely NOT happy. Premium doesn't fix everything. I reopened the ticket but there has been no response. Not really sure what to do about it. I have the Tirp and Kutz, and I like them both but I can't say I'm thrilled with the idea of playing them until the 30th so I feel like I got my "money's worth." It was supposed to be for all T8+ which I why I wanted it because I have a bunch of T8/9 grinds I want to finish. So PO'd about this.

Edited by HeathenForay

Members
9,863 posts

It always seems to come back to communication issues with WG.

No matter how hard they try to right the ship, someone keeps opening valves below the waterline....:Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 2

[-Y-]
Alpha Tester
4,484 posts
6,657 battles

This all sounds really weird. Does the OP even have any of the t8 premium ships required of the Paypal mission bundle? If not a full refund is in order, on top of any complimentary goodwill gesture.

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
Just now, nuttybiscuit said:

This all sounds really weird. Does the OP even have any of the t8 premium ships required of the Paypal mission bundle? If not a full refund is in order, on top of any complimentary goodwill gesture.

Yes I have those premium ships, but the catch is originally the mission was for any ship T8+, now restricting to only those premium ships = the 50% xp bonus would cost you money if you want to convert it to free xp in order to use it on anything. To be honest, I am not certain if this was just a communication problem with in WG or a trick they pulled in order to sell the Pack. Cause I am pretty sure no one in the right mind would ever consider such an undervalue Pack if it was not for the XP bonus to grind up for T10s.

[SYN]
Members
4,525 posts
11,433 battles

30 days of premium or whatever as "compensation" like that somehow fixes the problem, is simply not acceptable when you're rightly asking for a refund.  They still have your money and you want it back, not another way to spend it on something that you didn't even ask for or want.

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

It always seems to come back to communication issues with WG.

No matter how hard they try to right the ship, someone keeps opening valves below the waterline....:Smile_teethhappy:

I am not sure those guys know what they were doing. If you look at the sale article you will find on the top part where they stated updates. At some point, they were aware that the ships are not getting the bonus and were trying to "fix" the problem. Then they have decided to put a restriction on the mission and limited it to the Atago, Tirpiz and Kutuzov only. This was almost too funny for me that i was not sure if I should be mad or laugh at them. 

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
50 minutes ago, Kuckoo said:

30 days of premium or whatever as "compensation" like that somehow fixes the problem, is simply not acceptable when you're rightly asking for a refund.  They still have your money and you want it back, not another way to spend it on something that you didn't even ask for or want.

Exactly. I just hope they will finally listen and send me the refund. Yes $30 is not a lot but I wouldn't want to force to spend it on something I didn't want. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

I am not a WG "homer" in these matters, but I have one question.  Was there a disclaimer, asterisk, or something that may have been overlooked in the initial purchase that indicated that whatever your product was that you bought was limited to certain terms of use?    I have fallen victim to this before and sometimes you just have to kick yourself for missing it.  If, in fact there was no initial disclaimer then I would say you have a right to refund.  If there was an initial disclaimer then I would say take whatever compensation they gave you, as by right they didn't have to do anything, and be happy.  Regardless if what they gave you was personally viewed as useful or not.   Paypal is pretty good with transaction disputes.  If you have a real issue then I would say challenge the charge through paypal as not receiving the product as ordered and let them hash it out.  If you are in the right, paypal will reverse the charge on your behalf. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
25 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I am not a WG "homer" in these matters, but I have one question.  Was there a disclaimer, asterisk, or something that may have been overlooked in the initial purchase that indicated that whatever your product was that you bought was limited to certain terms of use?    I have fallen victim to this before and sometimes you just have to kick yourself for missing it.  If, in fact there was no initial disclaimer then I would say you have a right to refund.  If there was an initial disclaimer then I would say take whatever compensation they gave you, as by right they didn't have to do anything, and be happy.  Regardless if what they gave you was personally viewed as useful or not. 

Here is the case. When the sale was originally posted, it states that it includes a repeatable mission for all ships T8+ to have 50% exp 100% free exp and 50% captain exp if you win a battle(can't remember the exact number, but you get the idea). However, after people purchased the pack and found out not reviving the bonus, WG stated that the bonus was meant to be for ONLY the Atago, tirpiz and kutuzov. 

Now I may have overlooked some kind of disclaimer that says "all sales are final but doesn't that prevent them from altering the pack after they sold it???

To put it more obvious, let's say they sell you a pack that includes x amount of doubloons, x days of premium and a kutuzov. They after you purchase the pack you receive a molotov instead. At this time you submitted a ticket and then they tell you "sorry comrade. We made a mistake, what we meant was the pack includes a Molotov, not the kuzutov. Silly us. Anyway here is 30 days of premium for free and no refund (read this in russian accent)".

I don't think any kind of disclaimer would justify this kind of action. It is straight up glass advertisement (scam). 

Edited by MKzhou

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, MKzhou said:

Here is the case. When the sale was originally posted, it states that it includes a repeatable mission for all ships T8+ to have 50% exp 100% free exp and 50% captain exp(can't remember the exact number, but you get the idea). However, after people purchased the pack and found out not reviving the bonus, WG stated that the bonus was meant to be for ONLY the Aragon, tiepiz and kutuzov. 

Now I may have overlooked some kind of disclaimer that says "all sales are final but doesn't that prevent them from altering the pack after they sold it???

To put it more obvious, let's say they sell you a pack that includes x about of doibloons, x days of premium and a kutuzov. They after you purchase the pack you receive a molotov instead. At this time you submitted a ticket and then they tell you "sorry comrade. We made a mistake, what we meant was the pack includes a Molotov, not the kuzutov. Silly us. Anyway here is 30 days of premium for free and no refund (read this in russian accent)".

I don't think any kind of disclaimer would justify this kind of action. It is straight up glass advertisement (scam). 

Then dispute the charges though whichever method you used to pay.  Don't bang heads with WG.  Your pay service will give you the benefit of the doubt and make the service provider give the burden of proof.  If they can't, you get a refund.  My bank will actually refund any disputed charge on the spot, with the disclaimer that if I am in the wrong they will take it back later.  They already assume I am right. 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
1 minute ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Then dispute the charges though whichever method you used to pay.  Don't bang heads with WG.  Your pay service will give you the benefit of the doubt and make the service provider give the burden of proof.  If they can't, you get a refund.  My bank will actually refund any disputed charge on the spot, with the disclaimer that if I am in the wrong they will take it back later.  They already assume I am right. 

My assumption would be that your initial purchase should have included and emailed receipt of what you bought.  I know mine always does.  Just take that screen shot and send it along with your dispute, and all is good. 

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
14 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

The pack was limited to PayPal only. And PayPal always ask you to contact the seller first. Plus somehow I still want to believe that WG cares about the player and will do the right thing. I hope by reopening my ticket they will give me a refund.

Edited by MKzhou

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Seeing is how you have contacted the seller first, and you can provide documentation of that, then It seems you could go to pay pal for further review.  I am not sure how to take your comment that "WG cares about the player" as that doesn't answer the initial problem  Was there a disclaimer..and do they legally have to do anything or not?  If they were wrong, then you need to dispute it though your pay provider.  If they weren't technically wrong and you are just butt hurt, then take what they gave you and be thankful you got something.  Even if it wasn't what you personally feel is important.  30 days premie isn't a little thing.   WG makes it pretty clear that there are no refunds on anything.  I had an issue awhile back and they were pretty agreeable to compensate me, but no refunds.  I had bought 14 days premium, but accidentally was logged into my son's account on the premium server, while logged into my game.  I wanted to get it transferred, my mistake,  they said "no dice chief, but here is a little something just cuz".   I kicked myself and moved on.  That was pretty cool on their part as far as I was concerned.  It was my mistake. 

Edited by CaptGodzillaPig

[HINON]
Members
8,836 posts
16 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Seeing is how you have contacted the seller first, and you can provide documentation of that, then It seems you could go to pay pal for further review.  I am not sure how to take your comment that "WG cares about the player" as that doesn't answer the initial problem  Was there a disclaimer..and do they legally have to do anything or not?  If they were wrong, then you need to dispute it though your pay provider.  If they weren't technically wrong and you are just butt hurt, then take what they gave you and be thankful you got something.  Even if it wasn't what you personally feel is important.  30 days premie isn't a little thing.   WG makes it pretty clear that there are no refunds on anything.  I had an issue awhile back and they were pretty agreeable to compensate me, but no refunds.  I had bought 14 days premium, but accidentally was logged into my son's account on the premium server, while logged into my game.  I wanted to get it transferred, my mistake,  they said "no dice chief, but here is a little something just cuz".   I kicked myself and moved on.  That was pretty cool on their part as far as I was concerned.  It was my mistake. 

I wouldnt encourage a charge back or dispute through Paypal or the OP will get his account locked. OP just be persistent in explaining your case to CS in asking for a refund since the advertisement changed after you made your purchase.

• Cool 1

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
13 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

I will wait and see what they say when they reply me before contact PayPal for solution. $30 isn't a lot however I just don't want to encourage this kind of action by WG.

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

I am also waiting for them to get back to me on my refund request as well.

I think they will. Even in Russian logic a refund should be issued when something was false advertised. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
16,111 battles

wait a second, who the fudge cares about getting bonus XP on premium ships?  That makes no sense at all..

Members
25 posts
4,125 battles
21 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

wait a second, who the fudge cares about getting bonus XP on premium ships?  That makes no sense at all..

I know right? I think they tricked people into buying the pack. Then restrict it to premium ship only then then can milk more money when people spend doubloons to convert xp to free xp

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
1 hour ago, RipNuN2 said:

I wouldnt encourage a charge back or dispute through Paypal or the OP will get his account locked. OP just be persistent in explaining your case to CS in asking for a refund since the advertisement changed after you made your purchase.

This. WG locks accounts once a charge back is initiated and will keep your account locked until you give them back the money. So in other words, if you go through your provider to get your refund/money back, your account will be locked and not able to play on it again until after you give WG the money back.

• Cool 1

Members
9,863 posts
2 hours ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

You can reverse charges, but WG will never sell anything to you again.....:Smile_teethhappy:

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
27 minutes ago, awiggin said:

You can reverse charges, but WG will never sell anything to you again.....:Smile_teethhappy:

Or let you use your account at all until they get their money back.

[BIAS]
Members
3,047 posts
8,995 battles
11 hours ago, renegadestatuz said:

This. WG locks accounts once a charge back is initiated and will keep your account locked until you give them back the money. So in other words, if you go through your provider to get your refund/money back, your account will be locked and not able to play on it again until after you give WG the money back.

I had a transaction that WG says didn't go through, despite me showing proof through Paypl that it did and Paypal said it went through as well. I discussed canceling the transaction and the CSR with WG advised against it even though they could not see the transaction going through on their end. In the end even with all the data and transaction numbers and timestamps, it took them a week to finally verify that my money went through and had just been misrouted on their end.

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

The pack was very crappy to begin with, not appealing at all, so I am not surprised.

WG-NA has really been very unforgiving with their "specials" and "sales" lately.