You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
IcyThor

Clans & oil

14 comments in this topic

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

I have never played clans before.  I am totally lost.  I formed a clan [DONUT] but have no idea how to recruit members.  Or do I join an existing clan? 

How do I earn oil? 

Members
9,863 posts
Just now, pmgaudio said:

ummm, OIL???

did I miss something in the last few weeks???

He's on PT, and confused...confused about the proper sub forum for this as well.:Smile_teethhappy:

[PLPT]
Members
9,915 posts
10,308 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

He's on PT, and confused...confused about the proper sub forum for this as well.:Smile_teethhappy:

ok so now we can earn "OIL"?    I am now officially confused.... not been on a PT in the last two sessions of them so I am definitely missing something...:Smile_popcorn:

Edited by pmgaudio

Members
9,863 posts
Just now, pmgaudio said:

ok so now we can earn "OIL"?    I am now officially confused.... not been on a PT in the last two sessions of them so I am definitely missing something...:Smile_popcorn:

Oil is apparently the clan currency for upgrades etc...at least from what I've read.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 minute ago, pmgaudio said:

I guess I need to have a clan meeting with my superiors.... LOL

It is the currency for building structures in the Naval base. (Think strongholds from WoT) You earn them from containers, battles (I think), and clan wars.

The bases give bonuses such as 10% off the service cost of a ship type, 3% bonus XP to a particular nation's ships, reduced purchase costs of tech tree ships by a few percent, and allows your clan to grow by 20.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles

The clan base and oil is only on the PT right now. You can manage your clan through the in-game clan tab (though you probably want to do that on the live server, not PT). There is also a way to do it through your web browser but it's not been working recently. 

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles
6 hours ago, awiggin said:

What is the proper sub forum?  I am far past confused.  Thanks for all the replies. 

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles
5 hours ago, pck3 said:

Please God people read the news section....

I just checked News and did not see anything about PT 6.11, clans or oil.  I don't want to upset anyone but I have searched this site and cannot find the info I need.  Usually someone on the forum will help me so that is why I am here.  Sorry that I have upset everyone.  I will skip this part of PT 6.11

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
11,331 battles
18 minutes ago, IcyThor said:

I just checked News and did not see anything about PT 6.11, clans or oil.  I don't want to upset anyone but I have searched this site and cannot find the info I need.  Usually someone on the forum will help me so that is why I am here.  Sorry that I have upset everyone.  I will skip this part of PT 6.11

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/pt0611/

News post on public test.

Forum post on Public test details.

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/forum/229-testing-grounds-public-test/

Public test sub forum.

That should be everything you need.

[DONUT]
Members
413 posts
5,121 battles

To earn oil you start a new clan.  Then enter battle tasks or just to battle so that you earn a container.  The first container you earn gives 500,000 in oil to your clan.  Continue playing PT 6.11 and with every container you earn more oil.  I think ????