You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Tarran61

Tier 10 Permanent Camouflage

31 comments in this topic

[FF]
Members
76 posts
5,217 battles

Hello players,

I've been working on my game and got a few of the tree's to tier 10, Hindenburg, Grober Kurfurst and Des Moines.  I like the Cruisers the most so I've been thinking of getting the Permanent Camouflage's for the 2 I have.  My question/Problem is the cost  versus the benefits.

Type 20 5000Gold_icon.png
  • -3% to detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.

Why do I need 100% XP on a T10 ship at 5000 Gold?  Does anyone buy this, if so do you think its worth it.  I don't mind buying gold at all but the payback isn't worth it to me as I see it now.  I'm hoping I'm missing something so I'm asking you, the player base to see if I am.  

If not are there any rumors that this will change because it was a brain fart when created?

Thank you for your replies.  Enjoy your day/game!

Edited by Tarran61

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
6 minutes ago, Tarran61 said:

If not are there any rumors that this will change because it was a brain fart when created?

Not going to change. Not a brain fart.

The additional XP is so that you can farm XP on the ship and then use doubloons to convert it to free XP instead of just letting it sit there. WG gets more money that way.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,022 posts
7,604 battles

The bonus experience also translates into bonus free experience and bonus captain experience, thus this is the most useful bonus you can receive.

• Cool 1

[NNC]
[NNC]
Beta Testers
397 posts
5,577 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

The additional XP is so that you can farm XP on the ship and then use doubloons to convert it to free XP instead of just letting it sit there. WG gets more money that way.

Either that or you can stick a 19 point captain in it and farm elite commander XP for use elsewhere. That's what I've done with almost all my ships that have premium camouflage so far. 

[FF]
Members
76 posts
5,217 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

I get it, why I support them by buying almost every ship they release.  I guess its me, I dont need another ship to farm XP, I got enough of them.  I was just hoping for something better at T10.

Thank you Lert for replying.

Edited by Tarran61

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
3 minutes ago, Noble_Taipan said:

Either that or you can stick a 19 point captain in it and farm elite commander XP for use elsewhere.

This is also a good point. Doubled ship XP also means doubled captain XP, thus faster captain training.

[FF]
Members
76 posts
5,217 battles
2 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

The bonus experience also translates into bonus free experience and bonus captain experience, thus this is the most useful bonus you can receive.

Thank you for the reply as well Mouse.  

The way i see it, most of my ships are setup based on your reviews :-0 but I never see what camo's you guys use.

[FF]
Members
76 posts
5,217 battles
2 minutes ago, Lert said:

This is also a good point. Doubled ship XP also means doubled captain XP, thus faster captain training.

hmm, now that does have value.  thank guys.

[E-E]
[E-E]
Members
15,543 posts
13,992 battles
10 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

100% on the money.

If people go into a match Credits and XPs portion of the results, you can see how XPs plays into FreeXP and Captain XP.  And if your captain already is 19pts, how it gets into the pool all your other captains can profit off of.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles

I honestly feel that Captain training is more important than ship grinding. I get the camo's to increase CO training speed. It really just comes down to whether or not you feel the investment in real money is worth it for your enjoyment of the game.

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
9,022 posts
7,604 battles
5 minutes ago, Tarran61 said:

Thank you for the reply as well Mouse.  

The way i see it, most of my ships are setup based on your reviews :-0 but I never see what camo's you guys use.

For premium ships, I'll use whatever comes with the ship.
When grinding up a tech tree line, it depends how much of a hurry I'm in. 

• Normally, I'll just use type 5 camouflage.  This costs 22,500 credits and provides -3% to your concealment range and increases enemy dispersion by 4%
  • If I'm intending to keep the ship and play it regularly and I've got the doubloons to spare, I'll invest in permanent camouflage... but only if the camouflage is pretty (yes, I'm serious).
  • If I just want to hurry past, I may dig up one of the premium camouflages I have amassed over the years that provides bonus XP gains.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
3 minutes ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

I honestly feel that Captain training is more important than ship grinding. I get the camo's to increase CO training speed. It really just comes down to whether or not you feel the investment in real money is worth it for your enjoyment of the game.

:Smile_great:

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles

Another point of potential value is how much you play the ship on which you'd like to add the premium camo.  If you have a good number of tier 10's and don't play any of them all that much, it may not be worth the real money cost of the premium camo.  OTOH, if you really, really love a particular tier 10 and play it a lot, it may well be worth paying real money for said camo.

Also, I wish that they'd put these permanent premium camos on sale once in a while.  Doing so might entice some of use to spend the money on doubloons to buy those camos.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles

Honestly the 100% XP part really isn't worth all that much. Sure the free XP and Captain's training is nice, but the reduced repair costs are the big winners. Like having a tier 7 or 8 repair cost, which in the long run is of way more value to me.

It's too bad tanks never really did stuff like this. I mean in tanks I was always hurting for credits. In this game I'm not exactly Scruge McDuck here, but I'm decently well off in game with 44 million.

[SALVO]
Members
16,618 posts
17,257 battles
34 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Honestly the 100% XP part really isn't worth all that much. Sure the free XP and Captain's training is nice, but the reduced repair costs are the big winners. Like having a tier 7 or 8 repair cost, which in the long run is of way more value to me.

It's too bad tanks never really did stuff like this. I mean in tanks I was always hurting for credits. In this game I'm not exactly Scruge McDuck here, but I'm decently well off in game with 44 million.

IronWolf, your last point sort of begs the following question.

Will people play more (and presumably spend more) when they have to grind hard for credits or when credits are not hard to come by?  

In this regard, WoWS seems more fun to me because I don't have to grind as hard to earn credits.

[SYN]
Members
4,521 posts
11,433 battles
3 hours ago, Tarran61 said:

Why do I need 100% XP on a T10 ship at 5000 Gold? 

If you have a 19-point captain aboard, you're going to love that 100% extra XP.

In addition to converting XP, etc., Elite Captain Points pile up fast and you don't have to spend a cent to use this very valuable resource.

The 50% service discount and 20% credit increase alone is enough to warrant the price.  That is a massive benefit at Tier X.

Edited by Kuckoo

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,414 battles
4 hours ago, Crucis said:

IronWolf, your last point sort of begs the following question.

Will people play more (and presumably spend more) when they have to grind hard for credits or when credits are not hard to come by?  

In this regard, WoWS seems more fun to me because I don't have to grind as hard to earn credits.

Probably the latter. And the camouflage are a great way for WG to make some money off us and allow us to play tier 10s and still make credits. Something you CANNOT do with tanks. Unless that's changed.

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
7 hours ago, Tarran61 said:

Hello players,

I've been working on my game and got a few of the tree's to tier 10, Hindenburg, Grober Kurfurst and Des Moines.  I like the Cruisers the most so I've been thinking of getting the Permanent Camouflage's for the 2 I have.  My question/Problem is the cost  versus the benefits.

Type 20 5000Gold_icon.png
  • -3% to detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -50% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +20% credits earned in the battle.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.

Why do I need 100% XP on a T10 ship at 5000 Gold?  Does anyone buy this, if so do you think its worth it.  I don't mind buying gold at all but the payback isn't worth it to me as I see it now.  I'm hoping I'm missing something so I'm asking you, the player base to see if I am.  

Thank you for your replies.  Enjoy your day/game!

When I got the G Kurfurst the first thing I did was spend real money for the Perm Camo. -50 post battle expenses alone was worth the price paid. Now that I have that I play tier 10  so much more and the 19 pt capt helps my lower tier ship captains gain exp faster. a win win for sure.

• Cool 1

[FF]
Members
76 posts
5,217 battles
21 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

When I got the G Kurfurst the first thing I did was spend real money for the Perm Camo. -50 post battle expenses alone was worth the price paid. Now that I have that I play tier 10  so much more and the 19 pt capt helps my lower tier ship captains gain exp faster. a win win for sure.

My Grober Kurfurst  is next, once the gold goes on sale which it will in time.  With the Hindenburg and Des Moines battles I see it's well worth it it the long run.   I do enjoy the Tier 10 Battles more than ever now even on a bad run..Thank you WG.  Now if only MM would show some love but that's a different topic. (lol)

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
361 posts
9,132 battles

The reduced repair cost alone is worth it. I run it on all my T10's, 8 at the moment.

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,101 battles

I think the biggest benefit is the -50% post-battle service cost.  This makes bad games at T10 less painful.  I keep a reserve of 40M cred though, so it doesnt affect me much, but some people may not bank that much.

Though, I thought @Lert said once he had well over 100M credits... l could be wrong though...  Worked all night in a frigid datacenter and havent defrosted yet.

B

[ARRGG]
[ARRGG]
Members
5,770 posts
3 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

I think the biggest benefit is the -50% post-battle service cost.  This makes bad games at T10 less painful.  I keep a reserve of 40M cred though, so it doesnt affect me much, but some people may not bank that much.

Though, I thought @Lert said once he had well over 100M credits... l could be wrong though...  Worked all night in a frigid datacenter and havent defrosted yet.

B

yUKPjyl.png

It isn't hard to get there

[5IN]
Members
1,784 posts
8,101 battles

Lol, I suppose you're right sir.  I had 100M for a short time... then kept buying ships.  Now I just keep ships as a mini bank roll and sell them later if I need the $.

B

[HINON]
Supertester
18,901 posts
12,421 battles
11 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

Though, I thought @Lert said once he had well over 100M credits...

l2R2tOR.jpg

I'm an outlier though. I run premium account, have way too many premium ships and my average tier played is ~6.