You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Deputy276

Taking a break until WG fixes things

63 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
2,172 posts
5,101 battles

I am just tired of lag, warps, freezing, ping spikes, and disconnects. So I am taking a hiatus (I like that word!) from WOWS until WG gets it's act together and fixes the WOWS servers. So I am back to World of Tanks. And holy moley! Ping is AWESOME!!! I haven't had ONE laggy game so far and I've played about 30 games. Solid connections every game. So maybe WG will communicate between their lines and tell each other how to fix WOWS. I will say that WOT combined their servers into one central location. Maybe that is the answer for WOWS...I dunno. I am close to the West coast so lag on WOWS theoretically should be better. But it isn't. I will still keep an eye on the forum, and if the Prem shop gets De Grassyknoll Frenchie cruiser back, I will buy it, but I don't plan on being very active in the game. Not with the connections I get. Just no fun the way it is. 

• Cool 3

[ONE]
Members
253 posts
8,166 battles

Cannot say that I blame the OP for his frustration.  Out of four attempts to play the game in the past 30 minutes I have had three disconnects in the loading screen following the port screen.   I would say four disconnects but after numerous attempts to reenter the game I did manage to enter a game midway through.

As much as I like WOWS I too am very frustrated with the in ability to be able to play the game on a reliable basis.  I find it very odd that I have no problem with connections when playing WOT.

Edited by 6thGuards
  • Cool 1

Members
2,274 posts
7,365 battles

Recently im having some issues with ping and fps drop. Not gamebreack but can by boring. This never happened before and dont happens with other games, so i guess its a WoWs problem. 

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,715 battles

I too have noticed a considerable amount of more high ping, lag and disconnects since the last update, can be very frustrating.

[BBC]
Members
908 posts
12,243 battles

36ms here live in KC. missouri.   your internet may be fine,  it only takes 1 bad hop to the server to ruin a connections. 

WGs servers are fine or else everyone would have bad ping warp and lag.  learn how the internet works before just jumping on a forum freaking out.

maybe your connection is going through an area damaged by bad weather....  1 bad hop = poor connection. nothing to do with WGs servers. and is out of their control. your connection goes through anywhere from 5-20 different routers/switches before reaching the game server. so more offen than not its not your ISP either but somewhere on the way....

• Cool 1

[HATE]
Members
783 posts
27,192 battles

Same here - going to take a break. Amount of bugs, lags and stutters is way too frustrating. Frankly we could've lived without news stuff,  if developers instead of working on power creeping new fueatures worked on fixing damn thing.

- keyboard lag (multiple tickets open - none resolved, all I'm getting is - send us wgcheck report over and over again)

- disconnect during loading of battle (tickets - never resolved, I almost always running PingPlotter - no it's not me neither my provider)

- unbalanced MM (especially on weekends, steamrolls due to hi-tier Yamato CV missions which brought up srubbiest CV players, which makes for absolutely disgusting match-ups)

- stutters in battles (previously just UI now it's everywhere, I though it's just me, but hey - watch some youtubers and ... yeah - its' bad)

- crashes (that's new - since 6.10 happens now and then)

- bots (I'm not sure here, but can't explain otherwise lots of Player_xxxx characters, who just randomly beach all around spawn and otherwise behave like 3-years old with defective keyboard)

I think right now quality wise game is in worst situation ever. 

Edited by SlartiBartFastE2
  • Cool 2

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Some of the Tubers have even mentioned game stutters, etc...

I know some of them are all over the world.

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
3,380 posts
7,974 battles
38 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

I too have noticed a considerable amount of more high ping, lag and disconnects since the last update, can be very frustrating.

This,since patch I can't count the times I've been kicked to login, specially playing CV's. Sometimes straight in, sometimes it lags, watch ping counter go negative, then kick. Last time I had a similar problem like this I was told it was someone with my password and change it, tried that again, 3 times. The last one after running every scan and all I could think of, changing to a 23 digit, letters, numbers, uppers, lowers password and 5 minutes later same damn thing so barring live updates of my password I think I ruled that out. Can't remember if it still happened before I tried the WG mod pack for the different (my opinion better style) ribbons and a crosshair/shells I don't lose sight of.

Not to mention just general lag increase which much as people wanna say "it's on my end", I connected to US East and now the central server in tanks with no issue, just a slight ping gain now from about 30 ms to 40-50, I play another game, currently on it's EU server, in Frankfurt, Germany, with no issue. If I can connect to those with no lag issues, but warships, which I usually have about the same ping as Tanks but gets spikes to 120+ or stays 50 but the lag marker comes up, I think it's on the other end, like when the other game I mentioned was under a DDoS attack and had similar issues.

[PVE]
Members
8,900 posts
7,289 battles

I haven't been getting lag. My game client jumps to the background and I can't control anything until I click on the client again to bring it back active. I have tkt 1128582 open if anyone else is having similar problems.

Just a short break, back to boarding windows. The next playtimes will depend on if power goes out or not. :(

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Just throwing this out there, but it was common to hear not long ago that issues could be caused by the new updater.

I don't run the new one, but I'm seeing some issues here and there. Posting this to at least give some of you an option to possibly look into.

• Cool 1

Members
687 posts
3,667 battles

I also have been experiencing more lag recently, especially in the mornings.  It's the season.  The students have returned to the campus, and I usually need a double espresso to get moving.  Oh..."LAG"....nevermind...

[ONE]
Members
253 posts
8,166 battles
1 hour ago, Rilak said:

36ms here live in KC. missouri.   your internet may be fine,  it only takes 1 bad hop to the server to ruin a connections. 

WGs servers are fine or else everyone would have bad ping warp and lag.  learn how the internet works before just jumping on a forum freaking out.

maybe your connection is going through an area damaged by bad weather....  1 bad hop = poor connection. nothing to do with WGs servers. and is out of their control. your connection goes through anywhere from 5-20 different routers/switches before reaching the game server. so more offen than not its not your ISP either but somewhere on the way....

That being the case why would WOT work on the same connection and not WOWS?

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles

Guys it's not so much the servers as it is the backbone routing your info. The fact of the matter is there is too much info going across NA's infrastructure IE: routers, cabling etc. The infrastructure of NA simply can't keep up with the increased demands anymore.

I mean hell Japan doesn't have this issue. Why? They've gone over completely to fiber optics and not only fiber, but multi spectrum fiber. USA has just started really developing a few cities with just plane white light fiber optics.

And America is where fiber was originally thought up.

Ain't that a damn crying shame?

• Cool 3

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles

I live just a 30 minute drive from WG's NA data center (or server room), and in recent patches I've been seeing anywhere between one-to-three second "pauses" during matches.  When things are running smoothly (99% of the time) I enjoy sub 30ms ping.  The pauses seem to have been fixed since v6.10, at least for me.

[PC]
Members
1,866 posts

Loading a match has been my only issue. Lag is brief and very rare. If the match won't load, I restart the game and get in before ships get moving good. I have high-speed DSL.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

Flamu plays on multiple servers and I know he's made mention of the stutter/pauses in some of his vids. 

I have no clue which ones, I watch four or five Tubers on the regular, so I have lots of vids viewed. 

When he mentions it, it's off the cuff during gamplay and he apologizes for it. I still it happening on his newer vids as well, but idk if he specifically says which server he's on.

[SYN]
Members
4,532 posts
11,434 battles
15 minutes ago, IronWolfV said:

Guys it's not so much the servers as it is the backbone routing your info. The fact of the matter is there is too much info going across NA's infrastructure IE: routers, cabling etc. The infrastructure of NA simply can't keep up with the increased demands anymore.

I mean hell Japan doesn't have this issue. Why? They've gone over completely to fiber optics and not only fiber, but multi spectrum fiber. USA has just started really developing a few cities with just plane white light fiber optics.

And America is where fiber was originally thought up.

Ain't that a damn crying shame?

In fairness, countries like Japan and Korea are so much physically smaller and more condensed, so in some ways it's easier to set up a homogenous fiber infrastructure more efficiently.  Also, I doubt if they have to deal with the resistance and red tape of companies like Comcast who lobby like no tomorrow against anyone who might challenge their cable internet, and the criminally inflated bill that comes with it.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,430 battles
1 minute ago, Kuckoo said:

In fairness, countries like Japan and Korea are so much physically smaller and more condensed, so in some ways it's easier to set up a homogenous fiber infrastructure more efficiently.  Also, I doubt if they have to deal with the resistance and red tape of companies like Comcast who lobby like no tomorrow against anyone who might challenge their cable internet, and the criminally inflated bill that comes with it.

That too. But my overall point is that gaming companies can only do so much with the infrastructure that is there.

Edited by IronWolfV

Members
83 posts
2,960 battles

Consider changing your DNS to one that is less traveled.

Google DNS benchmark and go from there. It is likely that the DNS that was assigned to you by your ISP provider is one that is over used.

A new DNS makes connections much better and reliable.