Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

WHO IS THE GENIUS AT WG THAT PUTS T5 CV'S AGAINST T6 CV'S

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

179
[NOOBS]
[NOOBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
445 posts
11,666 battles

Seriously, who is the genius, cuz I need to learn and understand why not only does a T5 CV have undertiered planes to tend with but also loses the mechanic that allows planes to insta kill the enemy?  

 

No other class of ship can deliver directed damage with effect the way a CV can, T4 and T5 carriers should only face each other not T6 CV's,   I dont mind being tiered up but when I am facing a SPAWN KILLING MECHANIC it is beyond frustrating.

 

QQ

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
108
[MKF]
Members
399 posts
14,906 battles

Way better than the old days when you might face a higher tier cv on your own or even better when you were 1 v 2...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
417 posts
12,490 battles

CVs only go up against other CVs of the same tier. If you're seeing a T6 CV in your T5 CV, then you're in a match with a T6 CV also on your team. You're not getting put into a game where you have to go up against one by yourself.

Take the commander skill that buffs fighter damage against higher tier planes. It helps. But just like in many situations in the real world, if you can't straight-up out muscle somebody, you then have to out-think them. Learn some tactics to maximize your planes against higher tier CVs in those matches when you see them and your other team's CV is dead, occupied, or doesn't have fighters.

That's what a genius would do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles

Your tier 5 CV can also go up against a tier 7 CV. I've had plenty of times where I'm in my bogue and I have a friendly Ranger on my team as well and the red team has a bogue and a Saipan.

Edited by renegadestatuz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,628
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,747 posts
11,365 battles

WG either needs to re-add strafing to t4/5 CVs or remove it from t6+ CVs.  Since I think it's a mechanic that has a high skill floor (and keeps a lot of players from playing CVs) I think it should probably be removed all together. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,711
[YORHA]
Members
3,270 posts

                                                                    1vkn1e.jpg

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,738 posts
4,360 battles
44 minutes ago, Dath_1 said:

Way better than the old days when you might face a higher tier cv on your own or even better when you were 1 v 2...

Worse, 1v0 when you are carrying fighters...:Smile_sceptic:

More recently, In one match my Independence got matched against a Shokaku and the T8 counterpart on my team was a strike Lex...we won by timeout with 1 point difference while Shok got Clear Sky...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
949
[PLPT]
Members
4,420 posts
5,592 battles
39 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Your tier 5 CV can also go up against a tier 7 CV. I've had plenty of times where I'm in my bogue and I have a friendly Indy on my team as well and the red team has a bogue and a Saipan.

Not anymore. Tier 5 and 6 CVs are protected and can only see +/-1.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[TBOW]
Members
1,193 posts
10,473 battles
43 minutes ago, Junkieturtle said:

CVs only go up against other CVs of the same tier. If you're seeing a T6 CV in your T5 CV, then you're in a match with a T6 CV also on your team. You're not getting put into a game where you have to go up against one by yourself.

Take the commander skill that buffs fighter damage against higher tier planes. It helps. But just like in many situations in the real world, if you can't straight-up out muscle somebody, you then have to out-think them. Learn some tactics to maximize your planes against higher tier CVs in those matches when you see them and your other team's CV is dead, occupied, or doesn't have fighters.

That's what a genius would do.

Ah but T5's have no alt attack anymore to fight off a strafe.  I am with the OP on this one.  The removal of the Alt Attack all together made T5's in a mixed T5/6 CV match completely useless for anything other than scouting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
213
[TBOW]
Members
1,193 posts
10,473 battles
4 minutes ago, SergeantHop said:

Not anymore. Tier 5 and 6 CVs are protected and can only see +/-1.

T6's are not protected they get T8 matches trust me I have been there.  Only time a protection my be in place is if the T5 is present.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,360
[HINON]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,199 posts
2,029 battles

Well, you see, do you recall the song that goes "What shall we do with a drunken Sailor, what shall we do with a drunken sailor..." ?

 

I guess we know what.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,418
[HINON]
Supertester
7,522 posts
7,578 battles
10 minutes ago, SergeantHop said:

Not anymore. Tier 5 and 6 CVs are protected and can only see +/-1.

Not true. I've had this happen to me a few times within the past month alone. @Doomlock

Edited by renegadestatuz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,708
[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
28 minutes ago, SergeantHop said:

Not anymore. Tier 5 and 6 CVs are protected and can only see +/-1.

 

I can attest, there was a match back in June where I was in Gremmy and renegade was in Bogue and we ran into a Ranger on our team and a Saipan on the enemy team.

 

I have a screenshot from that too:

 

ajM8CyJ.png

If you look on the team list you can see on our team a sunk Ranger, and on the enemy team an alive Saipan.

 

 

Plus for even more proof, I have played a game in my Alabama and ran into a Ryūjō on the enemy team. They kept feeding me planes, it was great.

18 minutes ago, renegadestatuz said:

Not true. I've had this happen to me a few times within the past month alone. @Doomlock

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,122 battles
32 minutes ago, pyantoryng said:

Worse, 1v0 when you are carrying fighters...:Smile_sceptic:

More recently, In one match my Independence got matched against a Shokaku and the T8 counterpart on my team was a strike Lex...we won by timeout with 1 point difference while Shok got Clear Sky...

 

Except... That T8 CV's can't see double carrier matches...

 

You must mean Hiryu and Ranger.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
100
[1TEX]
Members
494 posts
5,403 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

WG either needs to re-add strafing to t4/5 CVs or remove it from t6+ CVs.  Since I think it's a mechanic that has a high skill floor (and keeps a lot of players from playing CVs) I think it should probably be removed all together. 

I agree with removing it from all tiers.

 

Removing it from only T4/5, but then letting T5 still play against T6, was a bit silly.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
2,738 posts
4,360 battles
9 minutes ago, Spartias said:

 

Except... That T8 CV's can't see double carrier matches...

 

You must mean Hiryu and Ranger.

That was like a year ago. I was still grinding Independence then.

Spoiler

teh5t1u.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[5D]
Members
1,226 posts
7,122 battles
2 hours ago, pyantoryng said:

That was like a year ago. I was still grinding Independence then.

  Hide contents

teh5t1u.jpg

 

 

Gotcha gotcha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
61
[WOLF6]
Members
174 posts
2,056 battles

I swear I'm not a bot, but it seems that most of my posts on this forum are just links to the wiki :)

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

In all fairness, the Matchmaking chart isn't terribly intuitive.  Tier 4 Carriers can see 4 and 5.  Tier 5 carriers, unlike other T5 ships, have protected MM, and should only see +-1 -- T4, T5, and T6.

T6 and above are -1/+2 like the rest of the ships at their tier.

This, as noted, is as of 0.5.9, and any matches from before that patch had different MM rules.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
263
[5IN]
Members
1,787 posts
8,109 battles
On 9/9/2017 at 1:34 PM, awiggin said:

I like the guy today who said, "This is my first game in a CV" ....An Enterprise...:Smile_amazed:

Lol, I've had the same experience this weekend.  Oh well ship happens.

 

Related to the OPs comments, I think they should allow strafe for T5 CVs, but not manual dropping.  At least T5s could compete a little better against those T6s.  

 

That being said, I dont think the T5/T6 CV matches are all that common... could be wrong, but I've not seen one in awhile.

 

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16
[VENUM]
Members
37 posts
4,337 battles
On 9/9/2017 at 0:25 PM, Kapitan_Wuff said:

WG either needs to re-add strafing to t4/5 CVs or remove it from t6+ CVs.  Since I think it's a mechanic that has a high skill floor (and keeps a lot of players from playing CVs) I think it should probably be removed all together. 

no WG just needs to prevent teir 5 carriers from ever seeing tier 6 ships of any kind. strafing is not allowed on tier 5 and under so we should not have to deal with tier 6 AA either. unless tier 5 planes get some sort of buff to deal with tier 6 carriers and AA, then they should never see each other. the whole reason WG separated tier 4 and 5 carriers from the mix was to allow lower tier players to play the game and not get seal clubbed by good players. but now the problem has only been moved up a tier. a tier 5 carrier will never be able to perform against tier 6 carriers without strafing mechanic. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,654 posts
13,535 battles
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 10:11 AM, HooplaJones said:

Seriously, who is the genius, cuz I need to learn and understand why not only does a T5 CV have undertiered planes to tend with but also loses the mechanic that allows planes to insta kill the enemy?  

 

No other class of ship can deliver directed damage with effect the way a CV can, T4 and T5 carriers should only face each other not T6 CV's,   I dont mind being tiered up but when I am facing a SPAWN KILLING MECHANIC it is beyond frustrating.

 

QQ

Now you know what it's like when CAs/BBs with light to mediocre AA get attacked by CVs 1-2 tiers higher. Joyful aint it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×