You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_ENO_

0%

22 comments in this topic

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles

Been a rough one out there so far starting last night. 

Usually my div mate and I are able to pull a rabbit out of our hat but last night just didn't feel great at all so we quit after 4. Typically we'll try 3 straight losses in a particular ship and then change either type or tier or both. Last night we changed type and tier at 2 losses. Obviously that didn't work so maybe it's time to go back to our original plan?

What's your formula? Do you keep pushing for the win or do you bail? 

In hindsight we should have probably dropped to lower tiers but neither of us finds it particularly gratifying. It's just perpetuating that sense of admitting defeat and running away with our tails between our legs hoping to go beat up on a kitten in low tiers. Unfortunately, some kittens have claws and that strategy doesn't always work...

Edited by ENO75

[SWOB]
Members
2,705 posts
15,503 battles

Depends on how I'm playing.

If I'm having monster games but still losing, I'll usually keep playing. 

However, last night for example, my so-so play matched my 50% WR, so I didn't see the point in continuing.

Members
18 posts
2,274 battles

I'm having a day like that today too. Woke up pumped up to play because I have 18k left to my Hindi. My first team, everyone camped at the spawn and we lost without killing a single enemy ship. (at least on that game I managed to pull the Roon's average 50,000 dmg) My second game is just barely better, but I ended up getting 1-shot by a BB I didn't see.  So starting the day with a 0% winrate after 2 games. 

I got tired of being bad at this game and spent a substantial amount of time reading and watching videos. I'm pretty proud of the sharp knee upwards in my statistics, but it is very frustrating when you get a team that just doesn't give a damn. I was really hoping the gameplay would improve as I went up in tiers, but it really doesn't change. It just gets more expensive to lose.

At the end of the day it's just a game, and while I'm competitive and I love tracking stats ultimately you still have to have fun. I just keep playing until something goes my way. 

Good luck the rest of the day!

Edited by Wirednuke

[NG-NL]
Members
4,949 posts
8,094 battles

That can happen. All you can do is try to shrug it off (potatism at low and mid tiers I understand, but not after T7).

Ultimately it comes down to whether those players care about getting gud. If they don't, they I just camp behind them. If they cry, tough, I'm not tanking for cowards.

Then again, I have a decent competitive side. See that every player, without exception, can get better, and it is very upsetting to see them waste their potential. Shows laziness. Not acceptable!

• Cool 1

[-BRS-]
Members
1,602 posts
13,158 battles

I have found lately with all the campaigns T8 and higher to play that there's a lot of potatoes up at the higher tiers where that used to be a pro league now it's just a lot of frustration tell you some of the most fun games I play of late are at T4

Members
1,062 posts
6,143 battles

In the past 7 days, have had 45 battles with a win rate of less than 36%. Average experience 1172, average damage of 42,454, and a survival rate of 40%

Yesterday, won 1 battle out of 10.

So yes, it's been a bad week.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

This is pretty much your opinion. 

If I'm enjoying myself I keep playing, if it stresses me out I'll play another game.

With all of my extensive gaming (30+ years), I don't believe I've found a more frustrating game as this one.

At least online.

[RE]
Members
485 posts
17,759 battles

had a tough start, 4 wins from 8,

got the Z46 researched today,

played it and had like 1 win outta 5,

then everything changed and are on 57% win rate on it now,

so I just keep grinding it has to change some time

[RIPQP]
Members
1,019 posts
8,386 battles

I slap my face 5 times left to right and right to left and self shame myself of the stupid errors and mistakes I've made.

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 minute ago, Pata1985 said:

I slap my face 5 times left to right and right to left and self shame myself of the stupid errors and mistakes I've made.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[TF16B]
Members
8,036 posts
16,968 battles

First criteria; 'Play five games in whatever ship I pick.' (Because 'reasons...')

Second criteria; 'Play until I get at least the first two daily containers.'

Win or loose; that's how I roll. If it isn't too late, and I'm burning bonus signals for a captain I'm grinding, then I might push on through to the third daily crate.

Members
1,062 posts
4,736 battles
1 hour ago, ENO75 said:

Usually my div mate and I are able to pull a rabbit out of our hat but last night just didn't feel great at all so we quit after 4. Typically we'll try 3 straight losses in a particular ship and then change either type or tier or both. Last night we changed type and tier at 2 losses. Obviously that didn't work so maybe it's time to go back to our original plan?

In hindsight we should have probably dropped to lower tiers but neither of us finds it particularly gratifying. It's just perpetuating that sense of admitting defeat and running away with our tails between our legs hoping to go beat up on a kitten in low tiers. Unfortunately, some kittens have claws and that strategy doesn't always work...

I've been away for a week and did a few games last night.  The games at tier 6 and 7 were more competitive than tier 10 last night.  Either steamrolled them or got steamrolled.  The game is mature enough that you can't really say there are THAT many newbies at the lower tiers.  It's not like we just got a huge influx of new players because british battleships were released.  Most of those are existing players with the same dumb problems they had in their last flavor of the month ship.

Sometimes it just isn't your night and literally every risk you take is a deletion.  I was having one of those nights in my DM last night.  Play something else, you will just get in your own head and make more mistakes.  I jump in a Belfast for a game or two just to reset with a nice easy game in an OP monster when it gets real bad.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,711 posts
7,354 battles
2 hours ago, ENO75 said:

If you have to resort to seal clubbing to get a win, it's time to stop and go do something else.

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,698 battles

Lose 3, take a break, try again later....good formula.

[DETN8]
Beta Testers
760 posts
5,783 battles

2 days ago, won only 2 games in 10 despite having some really decent games. The games themselves were weird. One moment, the game seemed well in hand (2 base caps vs 1 with 150 pt lead) then suddenly, your teammates start dropping like flies and you lose. WTH!!! After losing my 5th in a row, I called it a night. Has been like this off and on all week. 

[0456]
[0456]
Members
2,809 posts
7,992 battles
2 hours ago, TheKrimzonDemon said:

If you have to resort to seal clubbing to get a win, it's time to stop and go do something else.

That's the thing... that's where all the seal clubbers are and when you feel like a seal, stat like a seal and sink like a seal you're probably a seal. 

I'm at that level of skill where lower tiers aren't a guaranty of stat padding bliss- quite the opposite... So I tend to stay in roughly the same tier up or down one. 

Like some others have said- I'm glad it wasn't just me... And I figured it probably wouldn't be since that's the very nature of the game.

My div mate reassures me by saying "They give it back to you eventually." Conspiracy or not there are days I can be playing DayZ and shoot at a zombie and detonate a khab- Other days I can be in the khab with speed boost on coming around a corner within 3 km of a stationary yamato and miss with 10 torpedoes then accidentally sink 3 friendly ships.