You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Uncle_Creepy

Dear WG Can You Produce A German Cruiser That Doesnt Have A Nitroglycerin Citadel?

24 comments in this topic

Members
25 posts
16 battles

seriously dd's getting citadels from the back on my konigsburg and nurn is just old now.  done playing them cause while they are fun for 2,  5,  even 9 minutes,  SOMETHING is gonna touch you.

doesnt matter what.

and you will be deleted.  

No reason for that kind of detonation [edited] for a ship that is fairly anemic in damage anyways.  up the damage or toughen the ship up cause even though Im only at tier 6 in that line an have zero inclination to move up.

russian cruisers certainly dont suffer from this.   I really cannot figure out why tho.

• Cool 2

[KNMSU]
Members
1,530 posts
818 battles

What DD's? RU DD's are capable of citadeling CA's due their fast, flat arcs and good AP. As for dets, run det flags, and pray to RNGesus...

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
4 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

seriously dd's getting citadels from the back on my konigsburg and nurn is just old now.  done playing them cause while they are fun for 2,  5,  even 9 minutes,  SOMETHING is gonna touch you.

doesnt matter what.

and you will be deleted.  

No reason for that kind of detonation [edited] for a ship that is fairly anemic in damage anyways.  up the damage or toughen the ship up cause even though Im only at tier 6 in that line an have zero inclination to move up.

russian cruisers certainly dont suffer from this.   I really cannot figure out why tho.

If you stop playing at the Nberg, you won't ever get to the ships that have the attribute your asking for...

just sayin.

• Cool 3

[SF-A]
Members
2,853 posts
5,551 battles

Graf Spee is pretty well armored, as are the higher tiers. Everybody gets citadeled by BBs BTW.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

Konigsberg is a great ship, albeit squishy at times. She has fantastic guns that you want to make great use of, and hydro that loves to sniff out destroyers hiding in smoke.

[-AA-]
Members
1,729 posts
6,657 battles
21 minutes ago, Doomlock said:

Konigsberg is a great ship, albeit squishy at times. She has fantastic guns that you want to make great use of, and hydro that loves to sniff out destroyers hiding in smoke.

^^^^^^^^^^

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,255 posts
8,815 battles
1 hour ago, _Luna said:

Why aren't you complaining about this on your main account?

It is hard to complain on your main account when you have been banned from it. Trolls will be trolls.

• Cool 1

Members
25 posts
16 battles
1 hour ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

Try again from you real account, your re-roll doesn't have any KM ships played. 

that has any bearing on anything,  my main account is now my brothers and i started my own,   still a valid question. If you do not know the answer other than coolguy 'gotya' statements that idiots love on these forums then just save it.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
2 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

that has any bearing on anything

OK Buddy!

Anything you say!

Members
25 posts
16 battles
1 hour ago, Doomlock said:

thank you Doom for at least a constructive answer,  yeah I know,  I love the konigsburge an nurn BUT they just cannot be touched,  with anything,  anyone who says otherwise is silly.    I tell you,  ill trade the torps in for a tougher hull,  I know thats more of a russian style but its just very very touchy on any damage if it pens the side at any angle or the top deck from any angle with he or ap or at least 80% of my health is gone.

46 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It is hard to complain on your main account when you have been banned from it. Trolls will be trolls.

an hard to not laugh when you see a guy with 5k matches an still a C grade wtr,  how are you not learning anything to get better BrushWolf?  How?  You might refrain from snide comments on the forums and spend a tad more time paying attention to what you are doign wrong not to improve,  you know, after say,  2k matches? lol

way to toil hero,  but hey,  keep saying snarky needless comments in an innocent post.

Members
25 posts
16 battles
4 minutes ago, Umikami said:

OK Buddy!

Anything you say!

lol an you are an even better example Umikame of a player that should spend a LOT more time paying attention to why you are terrible at the game after 10 THOUSAND matches and yet still an 800 wtr?

yet you come here to gloat and act cool? lol this is why these forums are a cesspool,  noone can make an innocent post with a rant in it,  cool unskilled rubber ducks like half the people on this thread spend WAY too much time acting cool on these fetid forums yet cannot spend a second to improve in the actual game they play?  apparently a lot?

apparently not eh Umikami.  Seems you would rather look cool on these forums than actually get better.  WG thanks you for  your spending endless cash on the game yet not getting better ......... in any way............at all.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,214 battles
11 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

that has any bearing on anything,  my main account is now my brothers and i started my own,   still a valid question. If you do not know the answer other than coolguy 'gotya' statements that idiots love on these forums then just save it.

Your whole original post is nothing but a whiny, ranty, bltch thread. Why do you expect people to take you seriously when you aren't acting seriously?

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles
1 minute ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

lol an you are an even better example Umikame of a player that should spend a LOT more time paying attention to why you are terrible at the game after 10 THOUSAND matches and yet still an 800 wtr?

Let me get this straight; YOU are not happy with MY stats:

Well, I want you to know that, coming from you, that means absolutely nothing at all; have a nice day!

Members
25 posts
16 battles

not checking this thread to feed the real trolls noone talks about or acknowledges here.  

carry on.

Umikami,  BrushWolf, Kapitan_Wuff (again 7k matches an still only 1k rating)  should all clearly work on the game instead of being here.  It's embarassing for you.

_Luna is good,  likely a reroll account but again,  acts like he invented the internet on these forums,  do a post history on some of these nasty people,  it's shocking how elitist an nasty they are to even innocent new posters.  So many that act like this which is why nearly every known player that enjoys the game avoids these forums like the plague and constantly talk about why.

gl an have a good summer guys.  learn to relax maybe

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
6,745 posts
7,373 battles

I just stopped by to let you know your thread is going bye bye shortly, and that this new account of yours will be joining your old one. Ie: Inaccessible.

[RUST]
Alpha Tester
884 posts
3,403 battles
18 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

_Luna is good,  likely a reroll account but again,

Sorry to break it to you, but the only reroll here is you. Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better though.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
15,255 posts
8,815 battles
1 hour ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

So what is the name for the new account, You have a whopping six matches on this one and you haven't played it in a very long time?

1 hour ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

an hard to not laugh when you see a guy with 5k matches an still a C grade wtr,  how are you not learning anything to get better BrushWolf?  How?  You might refrain from snide comments on the forums and spend a tad more time paying attention to what you are doign wrong not to improve,  you know, after say,  2k matches? lol

Since we are comparing peens what is the name on your original account or even the one you are currently playing? You know, the one that will show your real performance.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
16,043 posts
11,539 battles

I highly doubt he will whip it out to compare.

Members
842 posts

The reality is, that most cruisers have massive citadels that can get hit from BB fire from practically anywhere.

The Nurn and Konigsberg are particularly a problem, but so are the UK and French T5/6 ships, as they're vulnerable to DD AP.

As such, they're to be played as SUPPORT ships - back in the rear, not out front.  The Konigsberg and Nurn have railguns, excellent turrent arcs, and very heavy-hitting AP.  Stay away from the front line. That's how these are played.

And get used to the LOL Citadels on your ship from BBs.  They happen all over the place as you go up - even the best upper-tier CAs get regularly citadeled from any angle, any distance, by BB AP. It's an issue that WG doesn't seem to be interested in addressing.

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

russian cruisers do have more armor  at t5/6  than most other cruisers at that tier.      why DD will have more trouble getting cits off them compared to nurny or omahas.   (which have sub 100mm armor vs 150mm for kirov)        but it doesn't stop anything bigger unless you are angled though.   meh.   if you have to tank in CL, you are playing them wrong.      the trick is avoid getting hit in the first place.  

Members
2,281 posts
7,385 battles

Get used to this OP, cruisers are allergic to shells of any calliber. Anything that hits you have a high chance of touch your citadel, DDs/CA/CL/BBs. 

About german cruisers, Konigsberg and Nurnberg are two floating citadels, K-berg at least is a smaller and agile floating citadel. German cruisers start to become more tanky at 7 Yorck when the line moves from CLs to CAs.