You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Gyrene_asea

So What's with the increase in Sky Cancer?

48 comments in this topic

[-TRM-]
Members
14 posts
8,897 battles

Why suddenly is there 6 or eight (or more!!)  CVs waiting for a game when I am trying to load a Tier IV or V game?  I'll not do so when running a BB, I will abort and go something else. 

This has been happening for about two days...

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles
14 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Did you check the announcements in news, maybe notice its carrier weekend.  Enterprise on sell and all.

Leave logic out of this.

• Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
1,594 posts
6,716 battles
31 minutes ago, MountainManxDan said:

Did you check the announcements in news, maybe notice its carrier weekend.  Enterprise on sell and all.

Its not just 'carrier weekend', it is the weekend, always seems as though there are more carriers being played when the weekend rolls around. Use to be that way in WOT too, weekend rolled around, more sky cancer being played, same here. 

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,783 posts
14,864 battles

Please ... Allow me to translate:

1 hour ago, Gyrene_asea said:

Why suddenly is there 6 or eight (or more!!)

CV's scare me because I don't know what to do about them.

6 or eight (or more!!)  CVs waiting for a game when I am trying to load a Tier IV or V game?

I only play low tiers and Aircraft Carriers and airplanes already kill me because of my poor skill set.

I'll not do so when running a BB, I will abort and go something else. 

Rather than face a challenge and possibly learn a new skill or improve an old one, I'll quit!

and I am very, very frustrated!!

How many of these threads have I seen? OP; GIT GUD or GIT GONE!

• Cool 6

Members
25 posts
16 battles

yeah with all the ridonkulous cv love,  with it already being by far the easiest ship to play and has the most impact of any other ship type in the game,  it truly kills any fun gameplay.

CV's spot the entire map which removes the stealth game besides the smoke [edited] that can only do that.  Stalls entire matches out til the end.

CV's sit in 99% safety every single match, can attack any part of the map in 100% safety within a couple minutes,  can attack an wipe multiple ships at the same time all the while spotting the entire map AND also can lock up defenses with fighter squads to boot.

All this can be done with 50 matches of practice in friggin coop matches where you can kill any ship, as long as you can manual drop, with a high rate of success with all bonuses listed above.

Yeah this ship needs to be in this game. lol    At least limit ONE per match.  Thats it.  Thats all the impact that matches can survive at most an still be enjoyable.  Its ZERO fun to be in a match in a cruiser or battleship with 2 cv's on each side and 5 dd's as well.   YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing WG did to arty [edited] that whined an complained that they weren't getting a free enough ride.  It's all WG's plan to play sides against each other an make money in any way possible.

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
1 hour ago, smf117 said:

Leave logic out of this.

Hmm good point, well in that case try this explaination...

We are now in the Land of Oz and the Witch ( Wargaming) has called upon their army of Flying Monkeys to attack our ships from the skies...

:Smile_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[SNIPR]
Beta Testers
30 posts
12,284 battles
2 hours ago, Gyrene_asea said:

Why suddenly is there 6 or eight (or more!!)  CVs waiting for a game when I am trying to load a Tier IV or V game?  I'll not do so when running a BB, I will abort and go something else. 

I think its refreshing too see more CV play again.:cap_like:

• Cool 2

[RKLES]
Members
7,113 posts
8,767 battles
5 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

yeah with all the ridonkulous cv love,  with it already being by far the easiest ship to play and has the most impact of any other ship type in the game,  it truly kills any fun gameplay.

CV's spot the entire map which removes the stealth game besides the smoke [edited] that can only do that.  Stalls entire matches out til the end.

CV's sit in 99% safety every single match, can attack any part of the map in 100% safety within a couple minutes,  can attack an wipe multiple ships at the same time all the while spotting the entire map AND also can lock up defenses with fighter squads to boot.

All this can be done with 50 matches of practice in friggin coop matches where you can kill any ship, as long as you can manual drop, with a high rate of success with all bonuses listed above.

Yeah this ship needs to be in this game. lol    At least limit ONE per match.  Thats it.  Thats all the impact that matches can survive at most an still be enjoyable.  Its ZERO fun to be in a match in a cruiser or battleship with 2 cv's on each side and 5 dd's as well.   YAY!!!!!!!!!!

Same thing WG did to arty [edited] that whined an complained that they weren't getting a free enough ride.  It's all WG's plan to play sides against each other an make money in any way possible.

Just troll the CVs in an AA strong ship...

You can burn right through all their planes and then leave the CV virtually defenseless.

I used to play CV fairly often, but since they rarely play them because AA fire gets difficult at times and you have to deal with enemy CVs which are all too often Pay to Win CVs so I just stick with BBs, CAs, and DDs these days for the most part.

• Cool 2

[SCCC]
Members
705 posts
5,462 battles
14 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

You make me laugh.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
3,851 posts
4,224 battles
32 minutes ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

What universe are you living in?

Let me give you data which proves, without a doubt, that your argument is completely stupid, irrational, and false:

At Tier 6+, tier-for-tier, out of EVERY single ship, the Tech-Tree USN CV is dead last in WR, WTR, and Experience Earned.

Or, if they're so god-like, why don't you play them? Here, I challenge you to go play CVs. I'll even bet you: Play at least 5,000 games in CVs, evenly divided over at least one entire tree, and if your WR in each of them is above 80%, I'll gift you enough doubloons to get Missouri. No bamboozle.

(Also, how do you have any experience playing in or against CVs with only 16 battles?)

Edited by Carrier_Lexington
  • Cool 1

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
7,229 posts
6,433 battles
1 hour ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

yeah with all the ridonkulous cv love,  with it already being by far the easiest ship to play and has the most impact of any other ship type in the game

You are the one to talk, why not show us your real account rather than hiding behind the alt one?

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,040 posts
5,893 battles
2 hours ago, MountainManxDan said:

No one reads those apparently anymore.  Those are the people who you see complain first......the uninformed.

• Cool 1

[PIZZA]
[PIZZA]
Supertester
916 posts
18,042 battles

11 minutes ago, Ghost_Raven75 said:

No one reads those apparently anymore.  Those are the people who you see complain first......the uninformed.

Reading is a thing of the past (it takes too long).........u need videos and pictures these days.

[NGA-R]
Supertester
1,040 posts
5,893 battles
Just now, BaronVonTom said:

Reading is a thing of the past (it takes too long).........u need videos and pictures these days.

Exactly or someone telling you directly.  But whats even funnier about all this in relation to your statement is Trev put out a video yesterday talking about CV weekend.  Its made so easy for these people but they just want to be spoon fed information and have things done for them.  I'm surprised they don't expect WG to grind their favorite ship for them too.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
1,695 posts
15,353 battles
4 hours ago, Gyrene_asea said:

CV weekend! Run ships with good AA!:Smile_glasses:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,343 posts
9,433 battles

So many CVs in queue -- that THIS happens...   lol  -- at least chat is quiet.

Bots3.jpg

Bots2.jpg

Bots1.jpg

[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,549 battles
4 hours ago, Umikami said:

Please ... Allow me to translate:

CV's scare me because I don't know what to do about them.

I only play low tiers and Aircraft Carriers and airplanes already kill me because of my poor skill set.

Rather than face a challenge and possibly learn a new skill or improve an old one, I'll quit!

and I am very, very frustrated!!

How many of these threads have I seen? OP; GIT GUD or GIT GONE!

nice

• Cool 1

[SWBH]
Members
271 posts
9,549 battles
4 hours ago, Uncle_Creepy said:

start using cv,s  sounds like you are an expert.

Members
426 posts
6,213 battles

Tier III & IV (and maybe tier II if drug up in div) ships with no effective AA whatsoever seeing repeated matches versus single, if not double, CVs - yeah, probably quite a lot of fun & engaging gameplay for all concerned.

But yeah, CV weekend; it was on the schedule prior to most of the last month.

Edited by Soylent_Red_Isnt_People