You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
AlGahara

Commander Skill reset with 6.11?

13 comments in this topic

[NAIVE]
Members
3 posts
7,797 battles

Considering the changes to smoke mechanics and IFHE, anyone think there might be commander skill reset discount or maybe free commander skill reset when they release 6.11? I think last time skill reset was free was when they changed skill from max 5 levels to 4 levels.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,224 posts
8,407 battles

I think originally they said that they would give back four points to everyone that had IFHE... but now since it's effectively a buff they probably won't do anything.

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles

What has been said before me. They were planning it when the skill hit higher caliber guns, but now that it doesn't, there is no reason.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,782 posts
14,856 battles
4 hours ago, AlGahara said:

Considering the changes to smoke mechanics and IFHE, anyone think there might be commander skill reset discount or maybe free commander skill reset when they release 6.11? I think last time skill reset was free was when they changed skill from max 5 levels to 4 levels.

Yer hosed!

[SCCC]
Members
1,132 posts
5,571 battles
47 minutes ago, yashma said:

There is a skill reset discount going on right now.

And that's probably the best we'll get.

• Cool 1

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles

They should give a discount after it goes live as well.

Don't know if they will, but they should.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Beta Testers
5,913 posts
5,212 battles

Smoke firing change shouldn't require a skill reset, and IFHE is either becoming no different at all, or simply becoming better for DDs (in other words, no need for a skill reset).

TL:DR - There isn't a reason for them to give you a reset, so don't expect one.

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
35 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

They should give a discount after it goes live as well.

Don't know if they will, but they should.

And why exactly should they? The smoke firing change doesn't need a captain skill reset, and nothing is getting nerfed with the IFHE change. The only change with IFHE is that some guns will actually be getting buffed with IFHE equipped once the changes go live. So you want a captain skill reset because of buffs?

32 minutes ago, Captain_Dorja said:

Smoke firing change shouldn't require a skill reset, and IFHE is either becoming no different at all, or simply becoming better for DDs (in other words, no need for a skill reset).

TL:DR - There isn't a reason for them to give you a reset, so don't expect one.

:Smile_great: This.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,423 battles

Umm why do we need a reset. Any cruiser who took it won't have a single change for IEHE. Any DD that took it gets a buff. SWEETNESS for my Blyskawica.

Far as smoke what really changes for my light cruisers that have smoke? I never really get that close to begin with. So really not much changes.

So why do we get commander resets? Someone explain it to me?

Members
5,574 posts
7,121 battles
1 hour ago, renegadestatuz said:

And why exactly should they? The smoke firing change doesn't need a captain skill reset, and nothing is getting nerfed with the IFHE change. The only change with IFHE is that some guns will actually be getting buffed with IFHE equipped once the changes go live. So you want a captain skill reset because of buffs?

If their intent of giving a discount now is in preparation for the change, I would hope they would do so afterwards as well.

My comment wasn't for or against the discount, only that the discount would be available afterwards. Nothing in my reply said otherwise.

See, WG likes to do this kinda thing often. They make things available before a change and nothing afterwards. Peeps that aren't in the know have to pay full price for many things after the fact.

If anyone ever calls me on anything that I post, ya need to really read what I say and not add in what yall think I mean. I watch what I say and what I do has a specific purpose. :Smile_Default:

Edited by Wulfgarn

[HINON]
Supertester
7,520 posts
7,578 battles
31 minutes ago, Wulfgarn said:

If their intent of giving a discount now is in preparation for the change, I would hope they would do so afterwards as well.

My comment wasn't for or against the discount, only that the discount would be available afterwards. Nothing in my reply said otherwise.

See, WG likes to do this kinda thing often. They make things available before a change and nothing afterwards. Peeps that aren't in the know have to pay full price for many things after the fact.

If anyone ever calls me on anything that I post, ya need to really read what I say and not add in what yall think I mean. I watch what I say and what I do has a specific purpose. :Smile_Default:

I wasn't calling you out. I was actually just asking and wondering why in your opinion you thought a captain skill reset would be needed.