Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Grand_Viceroy_Zhou_Ziyu

Will we see the French BBs this year? What about their traits?

73 comments in this topic

Members
2,117 posts
4,727 battles

Now that the British battlewagons have been released, I'm wondering when we'll see the French ones. Perhaps later this year? What do you think their traits will be? I'm having a good time in the Orion, but I've yet to progress up the tree. Those damn HE shells. The ship I'm really looking forward to on the British line is the King George V, but I've read that a number of people are having difficult with her. The French BB I'm looking forward to so far is the Lorraine (WW2 upgrade). Will it play like another HE spammer?

What about the Italians? What will the Tier 4 be? What will their traits be and when will be see them?

Members
158 posts
141 battles
10 minutes ago, Citrusss said:

sure, we definitely need more ships, especially battleships. no one needs any other new content.

Excercise caution when handling sarcasm over the internet. 

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,871 battles
13 minutes ago, Citrusss said:

sure, we definitely need more ships, especially battleships. no one needs any other new content.

To be fair; there are 6 cruiser lines, 4 destroyer lines (didn't include the splits) and even one line in ST, 4 battleship lines and 2 carrier lines (not balanced yet)

So I think it is a good question :) 

Before you Guy's saying; yeah you are a Battleship player; Yes, I play mainly BB's but also my Cruisers like Cleveland, Des Moines and Minotaur and even play sometimes DD's :)

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,871 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

NO MORE BATTLESHIPS! THEY MAKE UP 35% OF THE SERVER!!! GOD NO!!!

That won't increase with a new line... people can only play one ship a time.. When carriers get balanced people will play more that line and it will be more even

• Cool 1

[FG]
Members
398 posts
3,709 battles

I don't think we are going to see another BB line this year.

It will probably be the Pan Asian DDs next, then Italian cruisers then RN DDs. Something along those lines.

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,907 battles
6 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

That won't increase with a new line... people can only play one ship a time.. When carriers get balanced people will play more that line and it will be more even

What about the people that abandon there current lines and que up with the new line the majority of the time?

Members
3,615 posts
13,377 battles
11 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

I enjoy playing BBs, Cruisers too, but I do agree with this. We have enough BB lines for a long while I think.

I'd rather see WG focus on more new content and/or improving Cruiser survivability. There's already more ships than you can shake a stick at.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,871 battles
10 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

What about the people that abandon there current lines and que up with the new line the majority of the time?

That is not only with Battleships but also with other lines :)

Members
3,615 posts
13,377 battles
56 minutes ago, Zionas said:

The ship I'm really looking forward to on the British line is the King George V, but I've read that a number of people are having difficult with her.

I play KGV a lot and I don't have a difficult time with her. She's a damn good ship, worth getting and keeping. (Maybe KGV will distract you from French BBs :Smile_playing:)

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,907 battles
1 minute ago, Lionel92 said:

That is not only with Battleships but also with other lines :)

No, it's not. Stop trying to bend reality to fit your narrative.

The Battleships have better guns, health points, and armor. People are constantly giving up things that are not like that for things that are like that. You can't sit here and tell me that it won't happen. You have to oversaturate the game with cruisers and dd's in order to make that 35% come down. Hell, they ought to just remove all the British bb's in the normal tech tree and tell everyone "tough luck", cause screw battleships with Heavy Cruiser abilities.

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,871 battles
4 minutes ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

The Battleships have better guns, health points, and armor. People are constantly giving up things that are not like that for things that are like that. You can't sit here and tell me that it won't happen. You have to oversaturate the game with cruisers and dd's in order to make that 35% come down. Hell, they ought to just remove all the British bb's in the normal tech tree and tell everyone "tough luck", cause screw battleships with Heavy Cruiser abilities.

The.y just need to balance carriers first, then you will see that every line get a better %.  They already taking out battleships shooting in smoke, deepwater torpedoes and a new DD line so calm down

[LRM]
Members
2,522 posts
4,907 battles
3 minutes ago, Lionel92 said:

The.y just need to balance carriers first, then you will see that every line get a better %.  They already taking out battleships shooting in smoke, deepwater torpedoes and a new DD line so calm down

It is still not that simple!

Ok, "balance carriers", you mostly play battleships, I don't see how you vibe with carriers, but moving on. You then claim that changing carriers will magically make everything better. You then say deepwater torpedoes and a new DD line will put icing on the cake. Like, do you have a single independent thought running through your head that has not been said by someone before? You are advocating stuffing more battleships into a game where the queue is battleship-heavy.

You must be blind to the reality of the situation. MORE BATTLESHIPS MEANS HIGHER HEALTHPOINT POOLS AND MORE GAMES WHERE EVERYONE SITS AROUND DOING NOTHING!!! 

[VOC]
Beta Testers
1,124 posts
5,871 battles
1 minute ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Ok, "balance carriers", you mostly play battleships, I don't see how you vibe with carriers, but moving on. You then claim that changing carriers will magically make everything better. You then say deepwater torpedoes and a new DD line will put icing on the cake. Like, do you have a single independent thought running through your head that has not been said by someone before? You are advocating stuffing more battleships into a game where the queue is battleship-heavy.

You must be blind to the reality of the situation. MORE BATTLESHIPS MEANS HIGHER HEALTHPOINT POOLS AND MORE GAMES WHERE EVERYONE SITS AROUND DOING NOTHING!!! 

'' Before you Guy's saying; yeah you are a Battleship player; Yes, I play mainly BB's but also my Cruisers like Cleveland, Des Moines and Minotaur and even play sometimes DD's :) ''

Just scroll back, no I don't play carriers because I'm not the guy for it. But there are a lot of players who do like to play carriers but don't play them because they aren't balanced enough.. They play other lines for that instead. See the bigger picture and don't look at one player. @Zionas only makes a topic about it, it's nothing official and you already loose your mind over it. Calm down

[-I-]
[-I-]
Members
1,719 posts
10,198 battles

A new BB line in the near to medium future isn't a stellar idea, simply because they're running out of ways to differentiate them. What could the new line have that isn't already covered by all the others? Searching for BB gimmicks has now given us the RN BBs. What on earth would the French ones even look like? If there are new "things" in the game, then there are new ways to change up the lines. But work on the "things" first.

Beta Testers
2,580 posts
4,699 battles

French BB traits: quad turrets! :Smile_playing:

:cap_look: Glorious freaking quad turrets everywhere.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
WoWS Wiki Editor, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
6,498 posts
3,751 battles
1 hour ago, SovereignEagle said:

I don't think we are going to see another BB line this year.

It will probably be the Pan Asian DDs next, then Italian cruisers then RN DDs. Something along those lines.

Not exactly. Yes the Pan-Asian DDs are next, but the Italians are not due till late next year, and sometime next year for RN DDs.

The next line to come out before the end of the year, or immediately following the New Year, are the French battleships.

Members
5,570 posts
3,925 battles
1 hour ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Why are you so excited?

Anyway, I think more battleships is exactly what WoWs needs. Why? Because I want French battleships.

Alpha Tester
1,939 posts

It could be another year before we see a new BB line, considering how long it took to release German and RN BBs. All we can expect for the time being are premium BBs. Rumour mill has it that Jean Bart is in development.

WoWS Wiki Editor
7,197 posts
6,422 battles

Traits change with each Tier, it's easier to take one possible candidate and then compare it to the other BBs at that Tier.

For example Tier 8, my money is on Richelieu:

Around 30 knots, so in terms of speed she is one of the fastest

Solid armor layout, making her one of the tougher ships

All of the main guns are at the front, making the angling very easy. But the caliber is low (380mm) and the reload is the longest (32 seconds)

[RUST]
Beta Testers
514 posts
4,670 battles

I may be misremembering but I thought in some Dev Q&A or video they said they wanted to try for 1 battleship line per year.  Given how long the development cycle for the Brit line was, I doubt we'd see another BB line this year considering we're seen absolutely zero media about it even.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
8,780 posts
14,769 battles
3 hours ago, Lionel92 said:

When carriers get balanced

The WoW's equivalent of "When Jesus Returns!"

3 hours ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

What about them?

3 hours ago, Ajax_the_Great1 said:

Speed boost. We need 40 knot bbs!

All you have to do is remove all that armor ...

I honestly have no clue as to what point you are failing to make.

You must be blind to the reality of the situation

Nah, gotta disagree with this; because it's wrong. More BB's simply means more targets. Both sides get them! Both can use them!

Besides, French BB's cannot be all that great; the USN rump-thumped the entire lot of them when we took North Africa!

A M E R I C A !!

[PSP]
Members
1,332 posts
7,266 battles
4 hours ago, Battleship_MaineMk1 said:

Which is why I play lower tiers. BB players actually fight there and don't play stupid passive boring bow camping games. Upper tier tactics from bow camping to island hiding cruisers to excessive smoke are all toxic. 

Sign in to follow this